F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F Type Not Selling

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

- CARZADDICT

What other car is around $100k with all the features, amenities, options, gas mileage that the F-type has and with limited #'s of production. Look online at F-types for sale and then look at the new Corvette. There are more Vettes than there are Ftypes and it just went on sale a few weeks ago.

Go build a 911 right now and tell me how much it ends up costing and what options it comes with.

-PND4PND

Which dealers are offering cars significantly under invoice?

Old 11-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by New2Jag
- CARZADDICT

What other car is around $100k with all the features, amenities, options, gas mileage that the F-type has and with limited #'s of production. Look online at F-types for sale and then look at the new Corvette. There are more Vettes than there are Ftypes and it just went on sale a few weeks ago.

Go build a 911 right now and tell me how much it ends up costing and what options it comes with.

-PND4PND

Which dealers are offering cars significantly under invoice?
PM me and i can give you details. Short answer both northern and southern california.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pnd4pnd
PM me and i can give you details. Short answer both northern and southern california.
i would like to know which dealers in nor cal bay area are making deals? new to thios forum and cant pm for some reason

Old 11-20-2013, 08:54 AM

-pnd4pnd

I already own one and the question was rhetorical.

Notice a trend in this thread? It's all west coast commenters talking about overstock.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-pnd4pnd

I already own one and the question was rhetorical.

Notice a trend in this thread? It's all west coast commenters talking about overstock.
Yup. Because,

a. It's November in the rest of the U.S.

and

b. The majority of these cars were shipped to CA and FL.

Not many will be selling in Chicago or Wisconsin until April 2014.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:46 AM

Well I decided against the F-Type even with the aggressive pricing out there. Went with a 991 S Cabriolet. It was a lot more expensive but in the end I felt it was worth it. I'm sure I'll get flamed here but I just couldn't get comfortable buying a car that (at least in my area) has tons of them on the lot. Maybe the thing to do was to wait till the end of the model year and pick up a '14 dirt cheap. Thanks for all the info on this site, it was very helpful and I appreciate everyone's insights.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:23 PM

What's aggressive to you?

Old 11-20-2013, 12:23 PM

What's aggressive to you?
2K under Invoice.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just joined the forum so I can't pm you. can you pm me the list of the dealers selling below invoice? thanks

Old 11-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,450 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Well I decided against the F-Type even with the aggressive pricing out there. Went with a 991 S Cabriolet. It was a lot more expensive but in the end I felt it was worth it. I'm sure I'll get flamed here but I just couldn't get comfortable buying a car that (at least in my area) has tons of them on the lot. Maybe the thing to do was to wait till the end of the model year and pick up a '14 dirt cheap. Thanks for all the info on this site, it was very helpful and I appreciate everyone's insights.
No flaming ! I am sure you'll like the 911 Cabrio a lot. It is a fine car, even if not one I personally would buy. Of course the two cars, (911 and F-type) are chalk and cheese, with your Porsche being rear-engine and the Jaguar front-engine.

I see the Coupe version of the F-type is now out, and this looks a lot more sensible for every-day use, I mean, you can even get the week's shopping in the trunk !! It's a lot cheaper than the roadster too. This car I could see myself owning when depreciation has done its work.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:20 PM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
........ I see the Coupe version of the F-type is now out, and this looks a lot more sensible for every-day use, I mean, you can even get the week's shopping in the trunk !! ........
I'm waiting for the opportunity to test that theory because the XK is only just adequate!

Graham

Old 11-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Who cares what people think about your purchase. Enjoy the Porsche, it's one of the best examples of automobile engineering. As an enthusiast, you got to respect that.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Nice purchase

Congrats on the 911. Great car. I was considering the same car , but went to look at the F Type when it came out and bought it on the spot. The option list on a 911 is CRAZY ! BEAUTIFUL car though.
However I betcha there's a lot more 911s on lots than F Types. Granted a lot more produced as well.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

Porsches are so common... but the F-Type is exclusive because people are stupid enough not to consider a Jag due to previous reputation and not current evidence!! F-Type Coupe will be MINE.

The following users liked this post:
scm (12-22-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

I thought the initial reports were that the coupe was going to be more expensive than the convertible. I'm glad this isn't the case!

Old 11-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
I thought the initial reports were that the coupe was going to be more expensive than the convertible. I'm glad this isn't the case!
Shrewd move and I'm thrilled to see it since I prefer coupes.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Coupes are normally cheaper

Originally Posted by JFtype
Shrewd move and I'm thrilled to see it since I prefer coupes.

You have the extra cost of the top and frame/body stiffening. Coupes are generally both faster (lighter) and cheaper. I'm a California boy so I only do convertibles but can see the value in a coupe. Love my F-Type vert.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

With regard to F-types being on the lot and selling below sticker, a close friend wants to buy a new Viper. The dealer that is located a half block from our office has one on the showroom floor that is marked up $25000 over sticker and is called a "market adjustment" on its window sticker. At another dealership in the Los Angeles area, he saw the same car for several thousand dollars under sticker, a difference of over $27K. There is certainly no overabundance of new Vipers on dealer lots, it's how fast the dealer wants to move cars and how much they're willing to deal. Probably same is true for F-types.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi everyone, first post on the forum.

Very close to getting a V8 S here in the Bay Area. Dealer started out at MSRP, then MSRP-2K and then moved to invoice plus 2K. Fromm some of the posts here it sounds like there may be some additional room for maneuver.

Anyone getting invoice or less on a 2014 V8 S here in NorCal?

thanks in advance for any input.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
With regard to F-types being on the lot and selling below sticker, a close friend wants to buy a new Viper. The dealer that is located a half block from our office has one on the showroom floor that is marked up $25000 over sticker and is called a "market adjustment" on its window sticker. At another dealership in the Los Angeles area, he saw the same car for several thousand dollars under sticker, a difference of over $27K. There is certainly no overabundance of new Vipers on dealer lots, it's how fast the dealer wants to move cars and how much they're willing to deal. Probably same is true for F-types.

Anyone paying over invoice for a Viper is getting ripped off.

Quick Reply: F Type Not Selling