Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type OBD ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F-Type OBD ?

Hi there :-)

I'm getting my first JAG on friday and I'm wondering if there is a good solution how to configure things like for example disable the belt warning thing in my F-Type? ...just know that from other brands like audi and bmw... how do u guys do that with JAG F-Type?

Cheers

Old 12-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

I just put the seat belt on.

There is not a huge tuning community for the Jags, and the tuners out there are just that, Tuners. I don't know of any "Tweakers"...

Old 12-16-2015, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Are you contemplating entering the "Darwin Award" competition?

Old 12-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Probably only settable with dealer level software. Don't think any dealer in N.America would turn off a 'safety' feature though. Not sure about Europe.

I forget that cars even have such warnings as the belt gets fastened out of habit before the engine is started.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:48 AM

uuuh, don't get me wrong :-) ...driving with the seat belt on is always the best solution anyways!

i just don't like my car telling me what i have to do... that's it..

turning that "feature" on or of is not tuning or tweaking in my eyes... it's just a configuration switch... and the question is: are there hardware/software products out there for doing such configurations on an f-type?

Old 12-16-2015, 11:53 AM

Mikey, dealers in switzerland do it :-) ...b'cause there is no law here in switzerland that tells you "you must put your seat belt on"... you'll just get troubles with your insurance if you have an accident while not wearing the seat belt...

Old 12-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

As stated above, probably only resettable with dealer software like many other configurable items on the car.

To avoid setting off the warning, change the sequence of doing things when getting ready to drive the car. Unless things in Europe are different, cars here will only set off the warning if the car has first been put in motion and x number of seconds has elapsed.

Last edited by Mikey; 12-16-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Put the seatbelt on first, then switch the car on.

You will never hear nor see a seatbelt-related alert.

"Beat the system", without having to tweak software...

Old 12-16-2015, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 589 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by tom-r
Hi there :-)

I'm getting my first JAG on friday and I'm wondering if there is a good solution how to configure things like for example disable the belt warning thing in my F-Type? ...just know that from other brands like audi and bmw... how do u guys do that with JAG F-Type?

Cheers
I know you're thinking of a much longer list of potential tweaks than just the seat belt chime - but, that one's easy. Get a seat belt extension and the car will always think you're buckled up. One notation, putting one on the passenger's side can cause their airbag to turn off. (James Bond feature?)

Old 12-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Welcome to the forum tom-r, nice to have you with us. When you get a moment stop by our new members area.

With the F-Type all those "customer personalisation" settings like the seatbelt warning, mirrors dipping in reverse, auto-locking, double-locking, and so on, can only be changed with the dealer diagnostic system, known as JLR SDD, which was the successor to the JLR IDS.

These settings are in the Car Configuration File (or CCF) of the Body Control Module.

Changing the CCF has been greatly restricted for JLR dealers in the last couple of years, it may be that they are no longer able to change a particular setting for you, without permission and a coded password from JLR Tech Support.

With the old cars we were able to turn off the seatbelt warning "beltminder" with a series of clipping and unclipping the seatbelt, but this does not seem to work with the newer cars.

Talk to your dealer about it, see what they can do.

Old 12-16-2015, 03:40 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Mirror dip and auto-locking (I think) are in the setup menu.

Old 12-16-2015, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
Mirror dip and auto-locking (I think) are in the setup menu.
Mirror Dip is for sure. Auto Locking I think is as well. Global lock / unlock might be there, or a sequence of button pushes on the KeyFob as well.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Not to be a total thread jack, but boy do I wish I could get those goddamn mirrors to stop folding in every time I lock my car. First thing i'm gonna ask at my initial service.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:56 AM
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Arrow It is law!

Hey tom-r

I'm from Switzerland as well but got no clue how why you think wearing seatbelts is not necessary here... cause you get fined if the police notices it! I also checked online for the law which does state it is mandatory: https://www.admin.ch/opc/de/classifi...index.html#a3a
There are of course some exceptions and maybe you've got one of those. But just want to clarify it for the general population ;-)

Originally Posted by tom-r
Mikey, dealers in switzerland do it :-) ...b'cause there is no law here in switzerland that tells you "you must put your seat belt on"... you'll just get troubles with your insurance if you have an accident while not wearing the seat belt...

Old 12-17-2015, 04:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
Not to be a total thread jack, but boy do I wish I could get those goddamn mirrors to stop folding in every time I lock my car. First thing i'm gonna ask at my initial service.

I asked for that as well, but was told that they did not recommend to do that (even though it is easlilly done by the dealer). The reason is that if this function is very seldom used, the risc of something goes wrong (get stuck, is not properly lubricated) over time increases.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by Arne
I asked for that as well, but was told that they did not recommend to do that (even though it is easlilly done by the dealer). The reason is that if this function is very seldom used, the risc of something goes wrong (get stuck, is not properly lubricated) over time increases.
They could unplug it completely for all I care. I have absolutely zero use for folding mirrors. I'm never going to park a car like this so close to something that it's going to make a difference. It's just annoying to hear each time I lock the door, as my drivers side makes a cracking sound.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
They could unplug it completely for all I care. I have absolutely zero use for folding mirrors. I'm never going to park a car like this so close to something that it's going to make a difference. It's just annoying to hear each time I lock the door, as my drivers side makes a cracking sound.
Then it should be an easy change of software default settings at the dealer.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:28 AM
jf1
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
With the old cars we were able to turn off the seatbelt warning "beltminder" with a series of clipping and unclipping the seatbelt, but this does not seem to work with the newer cars.
FWIW, I was able to disable the seatbelt reminder using the insert/release seatbelt procedure (required 9 cycles) on my 2016 F-Type R convertible.

Don't worry, I always wear it on the street! I prefer not to hear the warning as I'm moving cars around in the driveway/garage or between the mailbox and the house.

The following users liked this post:
Cambo (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by jf1
FWIW, I was able to disable the seatbelt reminder using the insert/release seatbelt procedure (required 9 cycles) on my 2016 F-Type R convertible.

Don't worry, I always wear it on the street! I prefer not to hear the warning as I'm moving cars around in the driveway/garage or between the mailbox and the house.
Must be a HUGE garage. Mine doesn't alarm until the car has been in motion for quite a while.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Must be a HUGE garage. Mine doesn't alarm until the car has been in motion for quite a while.
Same here . . .

The other reason I do not want it disabled is that I find it useful when I have a passenger. My wife is constantly forgetting to put hers on, and I am thankful for the fact I can just let the car remind her without saying a word.

Quick Reply: F-Type OBD ?