F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type Owners - San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014 | 07:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
There is SO much to do during Car Week here on the Peninsula that you can't possible take it all in...unless you're traveling by helicopter!

I'm busy most of the time from Tuesday the 12th until my car goes off on Thursday the 14th at 2:15, otherwise I would love to host you guys for a meal or drinks so PM me as we get closer...
sounds good. was meaning to ask you for recommendations on place to eat lunch.

Old 07-29-2014 | 08:18 PM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by shift
sounds good. was meaning to ask you for recommendations on place to eat lunch...
Oh man I've got all kind of suggestions...lemme know when you'll be here and what you prefer and I'll recommend some of my favorites...we're foodies... so I do have my favorites!

Old 08-01-2014 | 05:51 AM
|

Wives, GFs, well-behaved pets, wives' hot single friends, all welcome!
I'm probably going to do this route: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...c.kG6s6gHgoJFg

Leave 6am, should get down by 8:30. Then maybe stop by one of the concourses like Concorso Italiano in the afternoon.
Looks good. I'll be coming from just across the Golden gate but could be cool to drive down together. I could meet you in SF at 6. and we could meet others along the way. What day are you heading down?

Old 08-01-2014 | 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by alexg
Looks good. I'll be coming from just across the Golden gate but could be cool to drive down together. I could meet you in SF at 6. and we could meet others along the way. What day are you heading down?
I'm going down Saturday. There's a cars and coffee from 8 to 10 Saturday. Then probably go check out the italian concourse at blackhorse golf course. Lmk if you want to meetup and if anyone else wants to join along the way. Its a long drive but not bad in the early morning.

Old 08-01-2014 | 12:09 PM
Veteran Member

I'm going down Saturday. There's a cars and coffee from 8 to 10 Saturday. Then probably go check out the italian concourse at blackhorse golf course. Lmk if you want to meetup and if anyone else wants to join along the way. Its a long drive but not bad in the early morning.
I'm game to meet up with you guys here,just let me know where and when as we get closer...what C&C event is this and where is it being held?
They do an event called Java & Jalopies at the wharf marketplace in Monterey but the only one this month is this Saturday and it's held from 7-9am.

About 5-6 couples from the Jaguar Associate Group club from SF are headed down on Monday the 11th and are having a picnic lunch at Bargetto Winery in Soquel and then coming to stay the night in Carmel so I'm hoping to meet up with them for a little cocktail party at the Best Western in downtown Carmel that evening. The next day there's a car show on the streets of Carmel that is real neat as well.

Old 08-01-2014 | 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

According to Monterey Car Week, Monterey, California, your only source for complete events schedules and local information.  :

Cars and Coffee
Hosted by Barrett Jackson
Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
Del Monte Shopping Center
1410 Del Monte Center
Monterey, CA

Old 08-01-2014 | 12:32 PM
Veteran Member

According to Monterey Car Week, Monterey, California, your only source for complete events schedules and local information. :

Cars and Coffee
Hosted by Barrett Jackson
Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
Del Monte Shopping Center
1410 Del Monte Center
Monterey, CA
OK gotcha...they've never been able to get that event going at the Starbucks in the Del Monte Shopping Center and it eventually died off but seeing how BJ is behind it and it is Car Week,I'm sure it'll be well attended...strangely, BJ is the only auction house that doesn't do a Monterey event...maybe they're gauging interest.

If I'm available I'll cruise over in my '28 Roadster...or the '69 Z/28 if it doesn't sell.

Old 08-01-2014 | 12:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
OK gotcha...they've never been able to get that event going at the Starbucks in the Del Monte Shopping Center and it eventually died off but seeing how BJ is behind it and it is Car Week,I'm sure it'll be well attended...strangely, BJ is the only auction house that doesn't do a Monterey event...maybe they're gauging interest.

If I'm available I'll cruise over in my '28 Roadster...or the '69 Z/28 if it doesn't sell.
Interesting...Yea, I was wondering if a Cars & Coffee would get lost in all the other activities, but when I saw that BJ was hosting it, figured it'd get a good turnout. If the turnout is small, can always just hop over to 17-Mile drive for scenic cruise.

Old 08-01-2014 | 12:47 PM
|

Saturday sounds good to me.

Old 08-01-2014 | 05:20 PM
Veteran Member

I can't make this....was just down the coast a couple weeks ago and the drive (once I was past Monterey) was unbelievable....no cars especially on the stretch past Big Sur. It's also remote enough that there were no cops either.

On a separate note, for the Bay Area folks, I'd like to get a dyno test done on my car....am curious about the actual vs. reported power.
Do you guys have any recommendations on shops who do a good job on this?

Old 08-11-2014 | 07:33 PM
|
Smile

SO. Who is up for this drive with Shift & I next Saturday (16th August) morning?

We will meet at 6am in SF, location to be decided, Shift?

We are going to drive the coast road down to Monterey so if you live along the way we can meet-up along the way but please post below so we can plan the route etc.

Old 08-11-2014 | 08:32 PM
Veteran Member

I'm still planning on heading down Saturday...but original plans got derailed. That Cars & Coffee event is apparently not happening. It disappeared from this event calendar: Monterey Car Week, Monterey, California, your only source for complete events schedules and local information. 

So I have nothing planned in the morning. I do have a Porsche Event Tradition, Future - Porsche Zentrum at noon.

But otherwise my morning is free. Maybe something like this:

Meetup in SF at 7am
Drive down to Carmel / Ocean Ave via Highway 1. Can meetup with others at Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz
Grab breakfast/coffee at one of the cafes on Ocean Ave

Open to suggestions.

Old 08-11-2014 | 08:42 PM
|

I'm still planning on heading down Saturday...but original plans got derailed. That Cars & Coffee event is apparently not happening. It disappeared from this event calendar: Monterey Car Week, Monterey, California, your only source for complete events schedules and local information.*

So I have nothing planned in the morning. I do have a Porsche Event Tradition, Future - Porsche Zentrum at noon.

But otherwise my morning is free. Maybe something like this:

Meetup in SF at 7am
Drive down to Carmel / Ocean Ave via Highway 1. Can meetup with others at Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz
Grab breakfast/coffee at one of the cafes on Ocean Ave

Open to suggestions.
Lets meet at Saint Frank Coffee (Polk St) at 7am. An espresso and a pastry before we get going and we can have brunch later on.

Saint Frank Coffee | San Francisco, California

Anyone else going to join us?

Old 08-11-2014 | 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

Alex, How about The Creamery on 4th Street instead at 7am? It's right next to the 280 freeway entrance, so easier. We can take 280 to the 1. I'm also open to doing 280 to 17 to 1.

280 to 1 get to go through Devil's Slide Tunnel and there's some pretty fast stretches between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz. But...17 has some really nice turns!

Old 08-12-2014 | 03:49 AM
|

Creamery is fine but St Frank serve the best espresso in SF! Us Europeans like Espresso!!

Old 08-12-2014 | 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

I still drink instant coffee!

Your other post reminded me of this email:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2ks66pf6n...2008.42.24.png

Base on that, we can caravan over to the Jaguar Ride and Drive at Quail Lodge. Check that out, then head over to Ocean Ave for brunch.

7 AM - Creamery SF (4th Street)
Take 280 to Highway 17 to Highway 1 to Monterey
9:30 AM - Arrive Quail Lodge for Jaguar Ride and Drive
10:30-11 AM - Arrive Ocean Ave Carmel for Brunch/Lunch

I'm out after brunch for a Porsche event, but after that, Laguna Seca looks promising now that I see they'll have the P7 on display!

Last edited by shift; 08-12-2014 at 10:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
alexg (08-12-2014)
Old 08-12-2014 | 01:23 PM
|
Smile

I still drink instant coffee!

Your other post reminded me of this email:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2ks66pf6n...2008.42.24.png

Base on that, we can caravan over to the Jaguar Ride and Drive at Quail Lodge. Check that out, then head over to Ocean Ave for brunch.

7 AM - Creamery SF (4th Street)
Take 280 to Highway 17 to Highway 1 to Monterey
9:30 AM - Arrive Quail Lodge for Jaguar Ride and Drive
10:30-11 AM - Arrive Ocean Ave Carmel for Brunch/Lunch

I'm out after brunch for a Porsche event, but after that, Laguna Seca looks promising now that I see they'll have the P7 on display!
Creamery it is. P7, yes. Want to see it! Itinerary looks good!

Old 08-12-2014 | 10:33 PM
Default I'll try

That is pretty early for me on a Saturday, I'm about an hour out. I'll be on the Bay Area Jag drive on the 28th next month though.

Old 08-12-2014 | 10:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by enderle
That is pretty early for me on a Saturday, I'm about an hour out. I'll be on the Bay Area Jag drive on the 28th next month though.
Early bird gets the worm! Just don't want to deal with any traffic.

Old 08-13-2014 | 12:05 PM
Default I hear you...

It just means I'll need to be up by 5 or 5:30 AM and deal with my wife shooting daggers out of her eyeballs for waking her up that early. Fortunately her aim is lousy and she moves very slowly early in the morning.

The following users liked this post:
alexg (08-13-2014)

Quick Reply: F-Type Owners - San Francisco