Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type Project...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts
Default F-Type Project...

Ok everyone.

I've enlisted a local performance shop to help me get the new coupe customized. I've placed my order for some new shoes from HRE. The P104 in Satin Bronze (the color looks amazing in conjunction with the Stratus Grey), H and R Sport Springs to clean up the wheel gap and a bunch of carbon fiber accessories.

Looking for some feedback on tunes. The local shop is recommending a tune (pulley too) from RSC. What else is out there?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails F-Type Project...-321.jpg   F-Type Project...-321321123.jpg   F-Type Project...-321321321321.jpg  
Old 10-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SandmanTR
Ok everyone.

I've enlisted a local performance shop to help me get the new coupe customized. I've placed my order for some new shoes from HRE. The P104 in Satin Bronze (the color looks amazing in conjunction with the Stratus Grey), H and R Sport Springs to clean up the wheel gap and a bunch of carbon fiber accessories.

Looking for some feedback on tunes. The local shop is recommending a tune (pulley too) from RSC. What else is out there?

Thanks!
What size wheels did you get for the rear? And did they have to do any customization on the center bore?

Old 10-30-2014, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by phillyweb
What size wheels did you get for the rear? And did they have to do any customization on the center bore?
Since HRE hasn't made any wheels for the F-Type as of yet, they stopped by to measure the factory wheels. At this point this is what they are planning.

20x9.5 - Fronts
20x11 - Rear

We're also trying to see if we can get 305's on the rear.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds exciting! please keep us posted with your progress and photos.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

I thought Vic55 said the HR springs only work on the convertible? He got them, tried to install then, no go. He ended up going with the Velocity AP springs. But maybe HR now has springs for the Coupe R?

Nice wheels. I was about to pull the trigger on HRE. Some discount in return for promo photos...but somebody else already did it.

Anybody think about running 315 in the back and keep the front 295 or maybe 305?

Old 10-30-2014, 01:54 AM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Since HRE hasn't made any wheels for the F-Type as of yet, they stopped by to measure the factory wheels. At this point this is what they are planning.

20x9.5 - Fronts
20x11 - Rear

We're also trying to see if we can get 305's on the rear.
Cool, yeah keep us updated cause down the road I'd definitely like to go wider in the back.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
I thought Vic55 said the HR springs only work on the convertible? He got them, tried to install then, no go. He ended up going with the Velocity AP springs. But maybe HR now has springs for the Coupe R?

Nice wheels. I was about to pull the trigger on HRE. Some discount in return for promo photos...but somebody else already did it.

Anybody think about running 315 in the back and keep the front 295 or maybe 305?

I was just about to post... to the OP make sure that H&R has fixed their website and "actually" has F Type Coupe springs because my experience with them via TireRack was utter failure. H&R originally assumed that their springs would work both with the Vert and Coupe and they were wrong. We installed the fronts and rears correctly and the front was too high and the rear too low. So we thought the springs were mislabeled and flipped them to the same exact result. Ultimately we had a friend call H&R's higher up and found out that they assumed the vert and the coupe worked together which they do not. Immediately after both sites, TireRack and H&R, were updated showing no options for the F Type Coupe.

Good luck and the wheels will be awesome.

Edit: It appears they have updated their site and re-entered the springs. I hope these are correct and it appears by their price that it might be so. My price was lower so they must have fixed the fitment and the price. Oh 1.3 inches is a huge drop on this car and it will be super bouncy. Im on Velocity AP springs and this drop is 8/10ths of an inch and its more bouncy than stock.

2015 Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe Applications || H&R Special Springs, LP

Last edited by vic55; 10-30-2014 at 10:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DJP (11-03-2016)
Old 10-30-2014, 10:11 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

On the H&R website, the part # for the coupes is different from the convertibles, so I assume they have addressed the different fitment.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by vic55
I was just about to post... to the OP make sure that H&R has fixed their website and "actually" has F Type Coupe springs because my experience with them via TireRack was utter failure. H&R originally assumed that their springs would work both with the Vert and Coupe and they were wrong. We installed the fronts and rears correctly and the front was too high and the rear too low. So we thought the springs were mislabeled and flipped them to the same exact result. Ultimately we had a friend call H&R's higher up and found out that they assumed the vert and the coupe worked together which they do not. Immediately after both sites, TireRack and H&R, were updated showing no options for the F Type Coupe.

Good luck and the wheels will be awesome.

Edit: It appears they have updated their site and re-entered the springs. I hope these are correct and it appears by their price that it might be so. My price was lower so they must have fixed the fitment and the price. Oh 1.3 inches is a huge drop on this car and it will be super bouncy. Im on Velocity AP springs and this drop is 8/10ths of an inch and its more bouncy than stock.

2015 Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe Applications || H&R Special Springs, LP
Thanks Vic! I have the Velocity Springs enroute too. Just incase the H&R are indeed too bouncy for my liking.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Good choice of wheel colour: won't show brake dust, but will still look good when it is visible.

SandmanTR (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by another_geek
On the H&R website, the part # for the coupes is different from the convertibles, so I assume they have addressed the different fitment.

Ron did you drop yours yet??

Old 10-30-2014, 06:05 PM

Thanks Vic! I have the Velocity Springs enroute too. Just incase the H&R are indeed too bouncy for my liking.

I have used H&R on many of past cars with some having good results and others .... not so much. Where I noticed good results was on lighter drops (< one inch) and the drops over 1 inch created a rather bouncy feel with the oem dampeners. The H&R sport springs are basically non progressive and two stage so they compress at an equal rate and rebound back at an equal rate. VAP springs are progressive so the compression rate adjusts as the spring comes down as well as when it comes up so the bounce down and back isn't so intense.

On my 2013 M6 (1.3 inches or so), the drop with H&R was way too bouncy and it was overly intense while the less drop on my 2013 M5 (1 inch up front and .6 in the rear) was far more endurable. But like I said Ive used them often for different cars and some of their springs are more stiff (race springs). I also dropped these cars with H&R over the years:

2002 M5
2003 M3
2010 E63 (front only)
and the 2013 M's (M5 and M6) as well.

The best spring only drop Ive done is with my GTR (2009) with Swift springs, great feel but I fear it was also due to the excellent dampeners with the car. I have dropped all my Porsche Turbos too (4 of them) with great results but none with H&R and most of my AMG's are via the link set up since the suspension is air in nature or KW sleeves which Ive used on the RS7 too. Please let us know know via this thread how the H&R's perform for you. Post pics LOL

SandmanTR (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by vic55
Ron did you drop yours yet??
No, I haven't. The springs are still sitting in my garage. As I mentioned the other day, I have been having issues with the car and I'm now on my 3rd computer for the car. I just got it back last week so I'm going to wait a little bit to see if any other problems pop up before I invest any more time into this car.

As much as it pains me to say it, if any other problems occur, it's time to cut my losses and get rid of the car. I've already talked to my salesperson at Fletcher to put a deposit on the new AMG GT, so we'll see if I stick with the F-type or move on.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:54 AM
DJP
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Vic!
You ended up using AP velocity springs correct?
How do you like them?
I want to put 17mm spacers as well as lowering springs on my car and want to see if you have had any rubbing issues with yours?
Thanks for your input!

Old 11-03-2016, 08:26 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Did you notice this thread is several years old? Vic sold his car and moved on.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

VAP springs and 17mm spacers will not even come close to rubbing.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
VAP springs and 17mm spacers will not even come close to rubbing.
What about 20mm spacers on the rear and 15mm spacers on the front with the H&R springs?
I have 15mm spacers on the rear at the moment and I've been looking for 10mm spacers for the front, but the only ones I can find are very expensive.
So I'm thinking of getting a set of 20mm spacers for the rear at half the cost and moving the 15mm spacers to the front.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

The front and rear wheels are equidistant from their respective fenders (OEM). I would think you'd want to maintain identically sized spacers front and rear. I couldn't say for certain whether the H&R + 20mm setup would work.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
The front and rear wheels are equidistant from their respective fenders (OEM). I would think you'd want to maintain identically sized spacers front and rear. I couldn't say for certain whether the H&R + 20mm setup would work.
Thanks Lance.
I reckon I will try the H&R springs first (once I have sold the XFR), with the 15mm spacers on the rear and none on the front, and see how it goes.
If no clearance problems then I will look at getting another set of the AliExpress 15mm spacers for the front, they are good quality, half the price of the "brand" spacers and 1/4 of the postage cost.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:11 AM
DJP
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How did it work with the H&R? Did you rub at all with the spacers?
I had mine on H&R and swapped the springs for the Velocity AP ones.
Mine rubbed with the 17mm in the rear but no rubbing in the front.
Now I have 17mm spacers in front and rear with no issues.

Last edited by DJP; 11-12-2016 at 01:46 AM. Reason: the car actually does rub in the rear.

Quick Reply: F-Type Project...