F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F Type R arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default F Type R arrived!

The sales guy sent me a picture of the car I ordered awhile back. It finally arrived. Pretty excited about picking it up this week.
F Type R
Stratus
jet with red stitching
black tornado wheels
panoramic roof
power tail gate
vision pack

Attached Thumbnails F Type R arrived!-jagftyper.jpg  
Old 05-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by billykmd
The sales guy sent me a picture of the car I ordered awhile back. It finally arrived. Pretty excited about picking it up this week.
F Type R
Stratus
jet with red stitching
black tornado wheels
panoramic roof
power tail gate
vision pack
VERY, very nice !!
The one I ordered is due in any day now... I like your colour too, however I went with the Italian racing red.. F type R
Camel / Jet seats
camel seatbelts
Leather pack
vision pack
illuminated tread plate
heated front windshield
Gyrodyne wheels

It will be fun to drive for sure.. problem around here though (province of Ontario, Canada) is we have a real 'nanny state' left wing government that holds very low speed limits compared to many of your states and Europe. Plus the police are everywhere with radar.
Anyway, still a great car !!
Lawrence.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Congrats! Just in time for the summer. Enjoy it...I know you will...& be safe with that beast! I've got a pretty long wait for mine.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Congrats! Just in time for the summer. Enjoy it...I know you will...& be safe with that beast! I've got a pretty long wait for mine.
Long wait for sure... I think I ordered it around the 20th of February..
Lawrence.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I feel like a little kid waiting on Christmas--I ordered my R on Feb. 4th, and I am told probably another 3-6 weeks. Congratulations on your wait being over!

Old 05-26-2014, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by gotwish
I feel like a little kid waiting on Christmas--I ordered my R on Feb. 4th, and I am told probably another 3-6 weeks. Congratulations on your wait being over!
Just got a call from the dealer and its supposed to arrive tomorrow. I plan to go down to the dealer on Wednesday to work with them on a magnet install for the front license plate (the law here). They are also going to install the Xpel Ultimate paint protection and as I may not be there at the time of the install, they say they will try and send me pictures of the process.
If they send pictures I'll try to figure out how to post them on this site.

I thought the U.S.A. cars where to be delivered first, or at least delivery's started a month before us, anyway, I do hope you do not have to wait too much longer.
Lawrence.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F Type R
Stratus
jet with red stitching
black tornado wheels
panoramic roof
power tail gate
vision pack
Nice!!

Old 05-27-2014, 12:18 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

F Type R
Stratus
jet with red stitching
black tornado wheels
panoramic roof
power tail gate
vision pack

hI billykmd?

Very nice,
i've ordered the same spec: stratus grey , jet/red,pno roof (i will have mine on september only), but with SILVER tornado.
Could you send US More picture of the car because i can change my order till mid june and IF BLACK Tornadi is better on stratus grey i will can change

Old 05-27-2014, 12:34 AM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm picking it up on Thursday and I'll try to post more pictures of it, especially with the Stratus grey with the black tornado wheels.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:56 AM
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats! Took delivery of mine a couple of weeks ago, you will love it!

Old 05-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Looks very mean, enjoy it.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:48 AM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

I notice that no one opted for the CCB. $12K is a bit much if you're only going to track it once or twice.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:06 PM

You guys will love this car. I got to drive it a few weeks ago in Austin at the COTA track for their "villain academy". The car is just awesome and looks fabulous too. I have the V8 S vert and love it, but having driven them both on the track the coupe is more "planted" and confidence inspiring. The vert is a wild ride which makes it fun, but it can be scary both on the street and on the track. I got to do a hot lap with Roberto Guerrero ( he drove in F1 and finished the Indy 500 in 2nd position 2x--also held the track record for 4 years--not too shabby). They had just gotten the cars on Tuesday and it was Friday. His comment after driving it on the track at speed was that he couldn't believe it was a street car--it is that good and that fast. I was torn between ordered the R couple and buying a vert off the lot, but I live in San Diego and just couldn't be without a top down car.
Enjoy

Old 05-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by martinm1
You guys will love this car. I got to drive it a few weeks ago in Austin at the COTA track for their "villain academy". The car is just awesome and looks fabulous too. I have the V8 S vert and love it, but having driven them both on the track the coupe is more "planted" and confidence inspiring. The vert is a wild ride which makes it fun, but it can be scary both on the street and on the track. I got to do a hot lap with Roberto Guerrero ( he drove in F1 and finished the Indy 500 in 2nd position 2x--also held the track record for 4 years--not too shabby). They had just gotten the cars on Tuesday and it was Friday. His comment after driving it on the track at speed was that he couldn't believe it was a street car--it is that good and that fast. I was torn between ordered the R couple and buying a vert off the lot, but I live in San Diego and just couldn't be without a top down car.
Enjoy
The wild ride of the V8S was exactly what sold me on the F Type. I needed more space, so the R Coupe was I thought a no-brainer. I certainly hope it will be as wild, depending on settings, and as LOUD, as the V8S. If not, I will be modifying this sucker.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:49 AM

I don't think you will be disappointed. This car is just amazing. You may have to put the windows down to get more of the sound, but I didn't notice any difference in the 2 from outside the car. When I say more planted, I don't mean less fun. It is stiffer and better suited for very aggressive driving. I suspect the coupe would easily outrun the vert on a track--both are a handful.

The following users liked this post:
gotwish (05-28-2014)