supersportmtl (10-26-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 06:01 AM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Hell Cat
ok ok fine, you convinced me

Ordering a set of these

Old 11-12-2020, 10:48 AM

What are your ''winter'' plans? Obviously not all of you are fortunate enough to experience a winter lol. My plans are already in progress... Finspeed F50 wheels. 40AmH Antigravity Battery. This should help shed about 38lbs of rotating mass and another 35lbs of static from the battery!

Old 02-16-2021, 02:52 PM
Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Finally got the car to a reputable shop to install the downpipes, and it sounds absolutely ridiculous! Cannot say enough good things about VelocityAP products!

Old 02-16-2021, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Hell Cat
Finally got the car to a reputable shop to install the downpipes, and it sounds absolutely ridiculous! Cannot say enough good things about VelocityAP products!
They are beastly aren't they! I was a bit shocked at how loud they are...But I love it!

Enjoy...
DC

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Satter (02-19-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 06:52 AM

Just an update. New wheels on the car and the lithium battery went in a couple of months ago. I'm now waiting for cooler weather to hit the drag strip. I understand that this car isn't a drag strip type of car but I hopefully can make a 10.95 second pass... fingers crossed. The 640hp and the roughly 3720lb weight of this car should get me a 10 second pass if I can get a good 60ft time!
You can check out the lithium battery and wheel videos on my youtube channel.

The following 2 users liked this post by supersportmtl:
datriani (09-16-2021), u102768 (09-02-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 03:15 PM
The following 6 users liked this post by supersportmtl:
datriani (09-16-2021), Jamal302 (09-11-2021), RichardCranium (09-13-2021), Sparky H (09-12-2021), Turko (09-11-2021), u102768 (09-11-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-19-2021, 08:32 PM

Hey all,
just an update, car is at the dealer because I’ve got an oil leak under or around the oil pan possibly other than the oil plug that is leaking. It seems to be a small drip type leak but can’t source it other than plug with the car on jack stands. I’m hoping, fingers crossed it’s just air turbulence from under the car that spread the oil plug leak across the bottom of the oil pan but I doubt it. Maybe a gasket or line. We’ll see…
the front passenger half shaft seems to be on its way out. the boot is leaking some grease. Front diff is “sweating”. It has been roughly the same appearance wise since year 1 but it Might need a new gasket at this point. I will ask them to degrease all parts once the work is done so that I can easily keep an eye on everything and quickly spot new leaks or “sweating” of seals\gaskets
I guess my driving in 2021 truly tested the drivetrain lol
hopefully it’s not all that bad. Will keep you posted as I get news from my dealer!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! God bless all of you!

Last edited by supersportmtl; 12-19-2021 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
Hey all,
just an update, car is at the dealer because I’ve got an oil leak under or around the oil pan possibly other than the oil plug that is leaking. It seems to be a small drip type leak but can’t source it other than plug with the car on jack stands. I’m hoping, fingers crossed it’s just air turbulence from under the car that spread the oil plug leak across the bottom of the oil pan but I doubt it. Maybe a gasket or line. We’ll see…
the front passenger half shaft seems to be on its way out. the boot is leaking some grease. Front diff is “sweating”. It has been roughly the same appearance wise since year 1 but it Might need a new gasket at this point. I will ask them to degrease all parts once the work is done so that I can easily keep an eye on everything and quickly spot new leaks or “sweating” of seals\gaskets
I guess my driving in 2021 truly tested the drivetrain lol
hopefully it’s not all that bad. Will keep you posted as I get news from my dealer!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! God bless all of you!
Fingers crossed. Hope nothing too serious!

DC

supersportmtl (12-25-2021)
Old 12-25-2021, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Fingers crossed. Hope nothing too serious!

DC
Thank you for the kind words! I'll know by thursday next week. Jaguar service is working 3 days a week during the holidays and they only put their top guy on it. He's on holidays lol
Happy Holidays, Happy New Year! Wishing you the best!

Old 12-29-2021, 09:02 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Anyone here tune the 2021 or 22 R yet? I'm 2 seconds away from buying a 2022.

Old 12-30-2021, 11:00 AM
Received 154 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
I don’t know if they are members on here, but I did 12x 2021’s and 8x 2022’s last week..

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Dremorg (01-04-2022)
Old 12-30-2021, 05:39 PM
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP
I don’t know if they are members on here, but I did 12x 2021’s and 8x 2022’s last week..

Old 12-30-2021, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
Thank you for the kind words! I'll know by thursday next week. Jaguar service is working 3 days a week during the holidays and they only put their top guy on it. He's on holidays lol
Happy Holidays, Happy New Year! Wishing you the best!
Thanks! Same to you...And please let us know when you have an update.

DC

Old 12-30-2021, 10:06 PM
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
I don’t know where you are in NY DM me if you’d like, I’ll take you for a spin if you’re local

Old 01-04-2022, 03:33 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanx.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:58 AM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Chris, checking to see when the tune for my Jaguar F Type 2017 Vin: SAJWA6AT5H8K39917 will be done
I have not received a response in PM or by email.
I sent it over on Monday afternoon, 12/27. Hopefully the Best Christmas gift ever!
With thanks and best for a happy new year.

Tony

Old 01-12-2022, 01:26 PM

Hello all and happy new year!
Just an update for any of you who have been following this build and for those looking to buy a 2017-ON F-Type R:

The oil leaks are from the vaccum pump and the drain plug! No big deal! after 5 years of hard driving, many trips down the quarter mile etc. The total cost to repair Parts/Labour = $1200 canadian. Good news in my books! Could have been worst lol
I have done ZERO other than the perscribed maintenance and changed the oil myself twice a year or every 2500 miles.
While the car is at the dealership it will get the transfer case oil changed, brake fluid and engine coolant as well. I know its ''good for 10 years'' but I just feel better about changing it now after 5 years.
This car has been reliable and has had no infotainment, eletrical or any other problems so far.
Anybody who is questioning the reliability of the F-Type, so far my experience on my 2017 has been great. Beautiful car that really performs well with the VelocityAP Stage 2 package.

Cheers!

The following 2 users liked this post by supersportmtl:
skizot (01-12-2022), Therock88 (01-12-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 01:26 PM

*UPDATE COMING ON VIDEO/YOUTUBE CHANNEL
To summarize in the mean time (before I post) for you F-Type Owners on this forum :

Car went in for service for a vacuum pump leak/replacement.
I asked them to do the following while it was there and I'm not driving it during the winter months:
Transfer case fluid change
Brake fluid change
Oil Change
Coolant flush/change
Over all inspection of the vehicle.
The service rep called me to tell me that the transmission/transfer case brace that is bolted to the frame (tunnel of the car) one of the bolts cannot be removed as it is stripped in the frame...
I'm assuming the last time they did the transfer case fluid change they over torqued that bolt (35 ft lbs is the spec) and stripped it and said nothing. An aluminum welder had to be called in to weld material into the frame and rethread the hole to accept the factory bolt.
THEY CHARGED ME FOR THAT! $750 canadian, telling me there is no more warranty and I couldn't prove to them it was damaged by them last service...

I got the car back after a month as I told them to put their best mechanic on the job and take their time, I don't want any errors!

As I always do, when the car got back I put it up on jackstands to go over everything as I've had bad experiences in the past... some things may never change...

Firstly, the time the car was running to put it on the transport truck and then let it idle in my garage, the COOLANT OVERFLOWED all into my engine bay and floor from the reservoir. There was roughly 0.5 litres too much coolant once the car was at running temps.
The rear muffler exhaust clamps were completely loose and I could easily move my muffler section back and forth!
They didn't even attempt to clean any of the oil residue in the front of the engine and bottom that was slung around from air/fan etc.
The Front Right Caliper bleeder had a slight leak because it wasn't tightened enough! 11 Nm of torque not more or less needed in the front.
There might even be another oil leak/sweating coming from the front of the motor near top drivers side OR it might just be left over mess from filling the oil by the dealer in the first 3 years of ownership. I don't know and I don't think the technicien bothered to check with a light!
I did a FULL DEGREASE of every part of this engine, tranny, driveline to make sure that any further leaks will be easily noticeable!
I will drive the car a couple of times, taking it easy and will re assess/check for leaks again.

It is mind boggling that after spending $3600 canadian on this ''service'' that I get the car back in this condition.
I will certainly be meeting the service manager to discuss all this and let him know it is unacceptable in the time frame given and on such a meticulously well kept car that they treat it with such lousy work and disrespect!
I hope NONE OF YOU get this type of experience from your local dealer.

Removing all the under panels, wheel well liners and taking my time to inspect every single part also had me notice factory quality inspection deficiencies like a braket that holds the steel brake lines coming from the ABS system that wasnt bolted to the frame. I understand why.... the bolt hole on the bracket didn't line up with the frame. I had to drill a new hole and buy an M6 bolt and washer to bolt it up. You'll see what I mean in the video.
The air cooling channels/design to reach every radiator has a fundamental flaw. It literally vacuums up everything from the outside world and deposits it onto the radiator, bottom of the plastic cover for the auxilary radiator. I mean A TON OF LEAVES, BUGS, POLLEN blocking up the cooling fins of the Radiator...
I vacuumed it all up with a skinny long nozzle... please check and do the same on your cars. its a hassle to access and that little plastic panel requires a lot of patience to remove but it's worth it. Again a picture says a thousand words, I'll post the video this weekend.
Stay tuned...

Last edited by supersportmtl; 02-08-2022 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: F-Type R AWD VelocityAP Stage 2