Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type R Check Engine light - cannot scan

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
How often does anyone tamper with the fuel tanks in your area? I haven't heard anything about that for over a quarter century. I suspect most miscreants just assume all fuel tanks are locked.
A few years ago I had an 8 year old terrorist neighbor that used to sneak into my garage and cause mayhem. I once caught him putting cat litter in the gas tank of my FJ. Another time he found a box of paintballs and smashed them all over the garage floor. Parents didn't give a crap. The kid is still alive but he moved away.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by 355rockit

Coventry sells the locking gas cap which fits the F-Type.

I received a message from the eBay seller a little while ago (after he shipped) who said the cap didn't fit the F-Type even though the ad said it did.

I did find one at Reno Jaguar Land-Rover and ordered on-line. Hope this will work. See link below:

https://www.jaguarlandroverrenoparts...Y4LWdhcw%3D%3D

Cancel that order. I got suckered into buying that one as well. It's non-locking.

Last edited by Unhingd; 05-04-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Received 104 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Cancel that order. I got suckered into buying that one as well. It's non-locking.

I actually wanted an OEM non-locking one to test out against my current locking one to see if the CEL comes back. Reno Jag shipped out the non-locking one out already... very quick... shipped within a hour of my order.. My luck I will find my original OEM one in an obvious (hiding) place.