Wheels: 20" Storm Wheel - Black & Diamond Turned
Roof: Standard Roof
Brakes and Calipers: Jaguar Carbon Ceramic Braking System, Yellow Calipers
+ Black Pack
+ Carbon Ceramic Brake Pack - Forged Wheel

INTERIOR
Seat: "R" Performance seat
Trim: Jet with Ivory contrast stitch
Console Finisher: Center Console - Dark Technical Weave Aluminum with "R" Graphic
Headlining: Jet Leather
Carpets: Jet Carpet
Seatbelts: Jet Seatbelts
Pedals: Pedal covers - Stainless Steel

DYNAMICS
Sport Exhaust: Switchable Active Sport Exhaust
Steering Wheel: "R" Steering Wheel - Flat Bottomed Leather
Dynamic Mode: Configurable Dynamic Mode with 'Dynamic-i' information displays

ADDITIONAL FEATURES
Exterior: Heated windshield with timer
Interior: InControl Apps(tm)

[Late Edit: I forgot to mention that I got the vision pack too.]

Last edited by jas3; 08-03-2014 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Adding forgotten option
Old 08-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 581 Likes on 340 Posts

Congrats! Interesting, no pano roof? For styling? I originally didn't want a pano roof but actually really glad I ended up getting it.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I could *maybe* be convinced on the pano roof, but in general I don't think I would benefit from it, except at night. I would keep the manual sun blind shut almost all the time anyhow.

Plus, yeah, I do think the solid racing green roof is stunning. But for some reason, in white the black pano is aesthetically more pleasing... at least to me.

Also, I got the black pack, but am not convinced it's better than the carbon fiber pack and would welcome comments on that.

Finally, the two silly items I didn't order were the powered tailgate and illuminated treadplate.

Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Welcome and congrats...sounds like a stunning car!

My sales manager talked me out of the heated windshield (as he tells me he does with all of his customers), he said all the tiny wires embedded in it draw your eyes to the lines and after about a week or two, you'll end up hating it...just saying.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Range Rover Sport has the heated windshield and it's not even noticeable. I would imagine it's the same for the F-Type.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Welcome and congrats...sounds like a stunning car!

My sales manager talked me out of the heated windshield (as he tells me he does with all of his customers), he said all the tiny wires embedded in it draw your eyes to the lines and after about a week or two, you'll end up hating it...just saying.
He's right. I got it, I hate it. It is NOT completely transparent, and at night it causes starbursts around lightsources like headlights. I find it very annoying at best, and at night extremely distracting

Old 08-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

I would recommend you add the Vision pack and dump the InControl apps. I have InControl and its useless.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts

Congratulations. I really didn't want the Pano roof either but on the Stratus Grey you can't notice it. I think I like the painted roof better on everything other than white .

The only thing you might want to think about is the jet seat with ivory stitch. I think I would go with the Camel duo seat with camel stitch. With the British racing green and the yellow brakes I think it would look great and would lighten the interior a bit. Try it on the Jaguar configurator and see what you think.

I think I would stick with the Black pack, I've seen dark cars with the carbon fiber and unless you get really close you can't tell it's carbon fiber, plus it would be a better match to the black on the Storm wheels, and a lot cheaper.

Yes, Vision Pack is a must.

Last edited by jleuz1; 08-03-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by another_geek
I would recommend you add the Vision pack and dump the InControl apps. I have InControl and its useless.
I forgot to add the Vision Pack to my description above. I definitely got that!

I know InControl is useless. As far as I can tell there's no excuse for InControl sucking, except that Jaguar HQ is being super lazy.

InControl is the white label version of Bosch SoftTec's MySpin product.

As I have some (limited) experience with embedded systems, my intent is to r00t the InControl system and clone my iPhone to it so that I have 100% of my iPhone applications available. I particularly want WAZE.

MSpin is actually a pretty good product, and I can't see why Jaguar has been so slow in porting applications to it. As far as I can see it shouldn't take more than a day or two to remap any iPhone application to work on InControl.

I have emailed Bosch SoftTec and asked to join their developer program, and I may buy a second Jaguar touchscreen unit and attempt to r00t it at home first.

How hard can it really be?

Old 08-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

I love the power tailgate. It's VERY handy when you have your hands full. Since you got the carbon ceramic brakes, your budget can surely squeeze in $750 :-)

Old 08-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by jas3
EXTERIOR
Exterior Color: British Racing Green Metallic
+ Black Pack

INTERIOR
Console Finisher: Center Console - Dark Technical Weave Aluminum with "R" Graphic

DYNAMICS

ADDITIONAL FEATURES
Looks like a great choice.. I have yet to see an F in British Racing Green 'in the flesh' and would love to.
Like you, I did not get the pano roof as I wanted the (colour) Italian Racing Red on the top as well and really glad I went that way as I really can't get over how beautiful the lines of the car weave across the roof line and find the interior more than bright enough without the glass roof.
I have the heated windshield, its somewhat of a necessity around here and I don't have any visual issues with it yet... I had it on my last XKR as well and it was good. Perhaps the F type windscreen is more 'raked' and this causes the elements to be more noticeable, .. I'll give it a better look next time we are out in the car at night. I guess if someone really hated the heated windscreen, they could have a standard window put in.
Just got back from a drive up north on some really windy two lane roads and the car is a blast... you are going to have a great time.
Lawrence

Old 08-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Brg with storm wheels should be a phenomenal combination.
Dunno about the yellow ceramics with the green and black that might look a little weird. But it's cheap to repaint.
I'm with you on pano roof. The lines look better on BRG without it imo.

Have been dying to see a coupe in BRG!

Another +1 on vision pack....

Last edited by schraderade; 08-03-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by shift
I love the power tailgate. It's VERY handy when you have your hands full. Since you got the carbon ceramic brakes, your budget can surely squeeze in $750 :-)
MSRP came to $116,675 without the power tailgate.

I negotiated for a while and got it for $4,323 less than that. And I expect (or hope) that the $2,500 JCNA discount will be renewed for the 4th Q, which should drop my price to $109,852.

Honestly, for $110K, nothing else compares. It's by far the most beautiful car on the road, and performs more like a $160K vehicle. Kinda funny to note that $110K is value for the money... for a car, esp. since it's replacing a 12 year old WRX...

Old 08-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member

I negotiated for a while and got it for $4,323 less than that. And I expect (or hope) that the $2,500 JCNA discount will be renewed for the 4th Q, which should drop my price to $109,852.

Honestly, for $110K, nothing else compares. It's by far the most beautiful car on the road, and performs more like a $160K vehicle. Kinda funny to note that $110K is value for the money... for a car, esp. since it's replacing a 12 year old WRX...
Nice! Honestly, I thought the Coupe R was selling pretty much at MSRP. Almost 4% discount right now seems like a good deal. You mind sharing your location?

Old 08-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by another_geek
+550 I agree. They need to come out with some more useful apps.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

EXTERIOR
Exterior Color: British Racing Green Metallic
+ Black Pack

INTERIOR

DYNAMICS

ADDITIONAL FEATURES
Nice! You are I think the first to opt for the CCBS.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Thumbs up

$2500 JCNA '15 F-Type Coupe discount has been confirmed to run through March 31st 2015 so you're good there...

Old 08-03-2014, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by shift
Nice! Honestly, I thought the Coupe R was selling pretty much at MSRP. Almost 4% discount right now seems like a good deal. You mind sharing your location?
You are correct that the Coupe R is selling for MSRP most places as of late July. But I'm an equities trader, so I can't settle for the current price at most places. I have to get the BEST price.

And I was willing to trade some time and effort to get that price.

I started on TrueCar, and talked to a dealer in greater NYC who agreed to give me that discount. But the fellow I worked with was EXTREMELY slow to get me information and was very unhelpful in some rather specific questions I had.

So I called the dealership nearest to me in suburban Philadelphia, and they matched the price after a little back and forth.

Seems sorta silly to negotiate a $4k discount when my brake change is going to cost like $10k per axle, but I've been trading for almost 10 years, so I have to get the best price. Period.

Probably somebody got a better deal on the F-Type than I did, but I haven't read about it on here yet.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by schraderade
Brg with storm wheels should be a phenomenal combination.
Dunno about the yellow ceramics with the green and black that might look a little weird. But it's cheap to repaint.
I'm with you on pano roof. The lines look better on BRG without it imo.

Have been dying to see a coupe in BRG!

Another +1 on vision pack....
Looks like the attached.

Attached Thumbnails F-Type R Coupe - Ordered & Deposit Placed-screen-shot-2014-08-03-5.47.04-pm.png  
Old 08-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Nice! You are I think the first to opt for the CCBS.
The rest of us are too cheap ......

Quick Reply: F-Type R Coupe - Ordered & Deposit Placed