Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type R Driven : British Elegeance and Brutal Power

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 06:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 385 Likes on 310 Posts
Default F-Type R Driven : British Elegance and Brutal Power

A really good review by an Italian.......

Last edited by Busa; 03-16-2017 at 06:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (03-24-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 06:14 AM
Veteran Member

I am really excited atm because for my partners birthday I've got her a track session at Mallory Park in Leicestershire, England.
Mallory as some of you may know is a legendary motor racing circuit which gave rise to many legendary car and bike racing champions.

Getting to the point the cars she will drive are a Jaguar F-type R and an Aston Martin DB9 V8 or possibly the V12 Vantage followed by the 600 bhp 4 wheel drive Nissan GT-R.

After three laps each of those, then she gets taken round for a fast blast by a professional driver in a GM VXR V8 which are 600+ bhp and rear wheel drive.
I've seen the fast laps before and its drifted all the way round at well into 3 figure speeds. Have you ever heard tyres and a gearbox really abused? Yeah she'll love it !!!!

Last edited by Busa; 03-16-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

ZR1100 in the sig? Shouldn't that be a GSXR1300?

Nice review. I've noticed that the ftype reviews seem to get more laughter from testers than other cars. It's always fun to watch.

When I first started my search, I was convinced that an AC Cobra would be in the garage. The ftype is a modern Cobra for me.

Your gf should have fun. Sounds like a keeper if that's her idea of a good day!

Old 03-16-2017, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DirtyAir

Nice review. I've noticed that the ftype reviews seem to get more laughter from testers than other cars. It's always fun to watch.

When I first started my search, I was convinced that an AC Cobra would be in the garage. The ftype is a modern Cobra for me.

I'm slowing down nowadays, after fitting a Rotrex blower to my previous Busa it had 240 bhp and my gf had kittens when I went out on it and she hated the pillion on that.
She's a rider and not really a pillion.
But maybe I would have a slow ZZR1100 again.

We had a day with new XK8s and XKRs around Millbrook proving ground in the UK including top speed on the 6 lane speed oval. We were shown how to override the jaguar speed limiters. But on the Alpine test circuit we were told to keep it below 55mph but we didn't. She was driving hard and after a downhill straight at 70mph there was almost a 90 degree right hand bend at the bottom. I thought we weren't going to make it and I didn't know her that well at the time. She laughed and said trust me. She didn't slow down and took the bend without a problem. She's good.
She has natural talent. I'm not slow far from it, but credit where credit is due and I love strong women and just strong people generally.

The F type is right up our Street !!!! Beauty and power !

Old 03-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DirtyAir

The AC Cobra I guess is pretty basic? But still a great car.
In 2008 before TVR went bust, we went and tried out some of their rapid cars. She took out the Sagaris in purple which she loved but it broke down. I took out the Cerebra V8 lightweight sport and it was insanely fast. Almost superbike fast but very basic equipment and most certainly not a daily driver.

Does the F type pull much attention?

Last edited by Busa; 03-16-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Ya.. the cobras are raw and unrefined. With carbs, no airbags, no crumple zones, no AC, no stability control and manual tops (and that's just off the top of my head)... Pretty brutal ride as well... so, not a DD. The f-type was the only car I found that made me feel like I was in a cobra.. without all the minuses a Cobra has.

If you read the stories thread, you'll see a lot of great stories about the attention the ftype gets. Mine is a total sausage magnet for some reason. Although I've been told I get hit on in bars and never notice it. I like to think that's what's happening in the f-type too. LoL!

Old 03-17-2017, 02:54 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks, I picked up on that thread yesterday. Makes great reading.

As long as you are happy with the car that's what matters. I've never been a jealous type and always say if you can afford it and it's legal, do it !!!
You are supposed to enjoy life, it gives you motivation between the bad times which seem to happen anyway although hopefully never or not too often.

I've never had a 2 seater and preferred large fast sedans in the past. But the F typeR I can make an exception for its looks and sounds. I always fit a decent set of pipes on my bikes and I've just fitted a set of Vance & Hines pipes to the ZR1100. The very last of the air cooled big Zeds. To the blower Busa I fitted a £1300 Yoshimura race only exhaust with a tri-oval end can. Not the most expensive option, but the sound!!!! It's nice to play music with your petrol toys.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:13 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Dang, for the first time I'm thinking I shoulda driven an R...

Old 03-24-2017, 06:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Misujerr
Dang, for the first time I'm thinking I shoulda driven an R...
Just get a pulley/tune. Unless you spend all your time at the dragstrip, you'll never pine for an R.

The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (03-24-2017)