F-type R dyno before intake installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Old 01-30-2018, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by sgvkirbster
So..... I arrived at KT Motoring at approximately 10:15. The car was ....

I drew the following conclusions....
1. Eventuri padded their horsepower claims. 7.1 WHP increase is equivalent to about 9 BHP. (9 x 0.8 = 7.2) This is nowhere near the 30-38 BHP claim they so boldly stated.

...The owner/dyno operator commented that the car needs a tune to maximize the added power of the CAI. He said the ecu appears to be confused as to what to do with the extra air. I'll definitely be getting a tune in the near future.
Right in the range I saw on my prior efforts with different cars but it should be interesting to see the results of a tune applied that may be able to take advantage of the additional airflow

Last edited by ndabunka; 01-30-2018 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:37 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You will hardly see any gain from an intake system on a supercharged engine but out of pure curiosity we ran the same test as well as another intake system. The gain was nothing at all. We did the testing over days allowing for the car to cool down and mimic the same controlled environment. Day one we did 10 stock pulls Day two, 10 pulls using intake 1, day three we did 10 pulls using intake 2.
The sessions were as follows:
3 pulls after the engine reached operating temperature driving around
4 pulls after we allowed it to cool with the hood open for 1 hours
3 pulls at the end of the day as soon as t reached operating temperature

Of course we see differences when using custom intakes on turbo engines (some positive some negative) but on superchargers, the F-Type stock setup is just fine, if you are after more supercharger noise, you can replace the intake restrictors/silencers with a curved aluminum pipe. Other than that, any money wasted on the intake system is better invested in an ECU remap with actual measurable gains.

The following 3 users liked this post by STP_Tuning:
DPelletier (01-30-2018), ndabunka (01-30-2018), sts-v (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 06:44 PM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by STP_Tuning
You will hardly see any gain from an intake system on a supercharged engine but out of pure curiosity we ran the same test as well as another intake system. The gain was nothing at all. We did the testing over days allowing for the car to cool down and mimic the same controlled environment. Day one we did 10 stock pulls Day two, 10 pulls using intake 1, day three we did 10 pulls using intake 2.
The sessions were as follows:
3 pulls after the engine reached operating temperature driving around
4 pulls after we allowed it to cool with the hood open for 1 hours
3 pulls at the end of the day as soon as t reached operating temperature

Of course we see differences when using custom intakes on turbo engines (some positive some negative) but on superchargers, the F-Type stock setup is just fine, if you are after more supercharger noise, you can replace the intake restrictors/silencers with a curved aluminum pipe. Other than that, any money wasted on the intake system is better invested in an ECU remap with actual measurable gains.
I wish we could find a set up for just aluminum pipe to increase SC whine out of the box.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:23 PM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by sts-v
I wish we could find a set up for just aluminum pipe to increase SC whine out of the box.
We can weld aluminum

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 01-30-2018, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,208 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Mina Gallery have been "promising" one for ages now but don't seem to have made any progress.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:54 PM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

yep cbb waiting for mina

fyi TAG have these on sale atm, reduced to 16xx so thinking about giving it a go

https://tagmotorsports.com/eventuri-...-f-type-intake

i've been very impressed with the eventuri on my f80 m3, installation was a breeze and all piping is oe quality, even down to the pipes being flanged for perfect fitment

Old 01-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Search the Facebook Jaguar F-Type owners group and you will find a person that did it and left full details and pictures on how to do it. Look for Timothy Ruppel

Old 01-31-2018, 01:54 AM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
We can weld aluminum
Are you going to be making these Stuart?!

Old 01-31-2018, 11:35 AM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Are you going to be making these Stuart?!
If it's something people would like we absolutely will. You guys are essentially looking for an airbox delete, or replace the piping from airbox to intake with aluminum?

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 01-31-2018, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

If it's something people would like we absolutely will. You guys are essentially looking for an airbox delete, or replace the piping from airbox to intake with aluminum?
Stuart, I would personally prefer to just replace parts 5-9 on the drawing with aluminum tubing. The stock airbox flows aplenty.

Since 5 & 6 look like they house the MAF sensors, those might have to remain OEM

The following users liked this post:
Gibbo205 (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 01:35 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Stuart, I would personally prefer to just replace parts 5-9 on the drawing with aluminum tubing. The stock airbox flows aplenty.

Since 5 & 6 look like they house the MAF sensors, those might have to remain OEM

Same here. I would definitely be interested in getting the small replacement pieces for #7 and #8 if it meant more blower noise at a resonable cost. I might start reaching out to local race shops now that I think about it..

Old 01-31-2018, 03:35 PM
SVR
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Very interested as well regarding an intake and/or piping improvements, Stuart. Happy to commit money to have some skin in the game for development if necessary.

Several things are keeping me on the fence with the Eventuri intake, although I know the quality of their products are among the best out there. First and foremost is the installation, which is well beyond the average level of involvement for just an intake. I'm not a fan of unecessary disassembly/reassembly on my street-cars and the overall build quality of this car makes me shy away even more (risk of breaking any clips, retainers, other surrounding misc. parts not fitting back properly, etc.). That would be mitigated if the juice was worth the squeeze, but that has yet to be proven for this car. A huge draw for Eventuri intakes is also how beautiful they are which is a shame since they would be so hidden from view.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:44 PM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

Yes now we’re talking - don’t forget the wrinkle black finish option