Sponsored by:

F-Type R on it's way to Hennessy

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

LOL, love this animated gif some guy made of the black cat shaking its ****

The following 3 users liked this post by shift:
01Silverstone (10-28-2014), FrickenJag (06-30-2015), phillyweb (10-31-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
LOL, love this animated gif some guy made of the black cat shaking its ****

Thanks, I couldn't figure out how to copy it with my phone. This needs it's own post lol

The following users liked this post:
DGL (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice! Your car is on one of my favorite websites!

Hennessey tunes the Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe to 623 bhp [video]

phillyweb (10-31-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Nice! Your car is on one of my favorite websites!

Hennessey tunes the Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe to 623 bhp [video]
Nice. Saw it on topgear.com today too.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/hennessey-623bhp-jaguar-f-type-r-2014-10-29

Old 10-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

So....how different does it feel? Big difference?

Old 10-29-2014, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member

OK, Philly, I just got back from Wed Night Drags at Sonoma Raceway...you got me beat I'll post a separate thread once the video finishes uploading to YouTube.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

Interesting, I notice they are saying 11.4 @ 126mph now! This is very believable given what I ran tonight completely stock.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
So....how different does it feel? Big difference?
It's still at hennessey. Let it stay a couple extra days so they could do some more press photos an stuff.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:20 AM

Interesting, I notice they are saying 11.4 @ 126mph now! This is very believable given what I ran tonight completely stock.
The intercooler wasn't installed yet when they made that 1st run in the video. They only made that first run to get the press release out. Being their first time in the car it was a pretty conservative and drama free launch. I talked to John on the phone about it, and about compensating me for being able to do the burnout, which he was more than generous with too.

That 11.7 is pretty damn good though. Unfortunately I'm stuck living at 4000' for the next 2-3 years so I'm kind of curious how it's going to affect it.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:26 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

To loan your new car to Hennessey to use to develop their tune product you must be either brave or careless; or, maybe you just don't care about your car. I certainly would not let them abuse my car like that. You have no idea under what extremes they tested your car under. I'm sure they're pushing it to the point of breaking on your dime. If Jaguar gets a heads up on the public video your warranty would definitely be voided. You have severely reduced the value of your car. I hope your not paying for this. I hope Hennessey is generously compensating you.

Last edited by DGL; 10-31-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 243 Likes on 169 Posts

While I won't go to the extreme of DGL, I would agree that I wouldn't let them have their fun with and beat up on my 100k F-type (and void my warranty). Let them buy their own car to do that with. Who knows what sort of shenanigans have gone on off-tape that they're not telling you about...

But hey it's your car and your money, not mine.

Regardless, hope you enjoy it!

Old 10-31-2014, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member

I would hardly say doing a 1/4 mile run is abuse. Performance cars are meant to be driven hard. The HPE tune is not all that crazy: ECU, pulley, intercooler. Pretty standard, vanilla stuff. Sure, once you go down the tuner/mod route warranty considerations go out the door (w/ regards to the engine, not unrelated things like a bad power window). But if you want to play, go gotta pay. Now, if you are saying behind the scenes some employees took it out for a joy ride, well, that's just whether you trust them (like you trust the valet guy or the car detailer).

The following 2 users liked this post by shift:
alexg (02-09-2015), phillyweb (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 08:30 AM
Banned
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
To loan your new car to Hennessey to use to develop their tune product you must be either brave or careless; or, maybe you just don't care about your car. I certainly would not let them abuse my car like that. You have no idea under what extremes they tested your car under. I'm sure they're pushing it to the point of breaking on your dime. If Jaguar gets a heads up on the public video your warranty would definitely be voided. You have severely reduced the value of your car. I hope your not paying for this. I hope Hennessey is generously compensating you.

Yeah like you don't dream of having one of your cars publicized on the world's top auto show website. Stop trying so hard to try and make phillyweb feel bad about going to Hennessey.

Last edited by lunagry; 10-31-2014 at 08:49 AM.
phillyweb (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 243 Likes on 169 Posts

I would hardly say doing a 1/4 mile run is abuse. Performance cars are meant to be driven hard. The HPE tune is not all that crazy: ECU, pulley, intercooler. Pretty standard, vanilla stuff. Sure, once you go down the tuner/mod route warranty considerations go out the door (w/ regards to the engine, not unrelated things like a bad power window). But if you want to play, go gotta pay. Now, if you are saying behind the scenes some employees took it out for a joy ride, well, that's just whether you trust them (like you trust the valet guy or the car detailer).
I would totally agree with you on most of your points. Nothing wrong with driving a car hard that's meant to be driven hard. And I also have no problem with what's being done to the car. I know phillyweb is aware of the risks. So maybe I should clarify my point.

My concern revolves more around entrusting a car like that to be out of my sight, with other people driving it hard, and people not caring about the car as if it were their own.

I'm sure many will disagree with me on this point, and even though my cars are nothing special compared to a new F Type, I don't let anyone else drive them, with the exception of one mechanic at my Indy, and I'm in the car with him. No valets, no auto detailers, no friends, nobody. I just don't trust people.

So, my point was more on handing the car over to them, and telling them to have fun with it for awhile. Because one would be naive to think that the only time it was driven hard was for that single burn out.

So, to reiterate and not upset certain other members, it's not my car nor my money.

I was simply stating my personal preferences when it comes to with whom I trust my cars, which is nobody. And this scenario especially presents lots of opportunities for abuse.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:36 PM

Yup. It's what the car was built for. I don't know why half these old boring idiots bought f-types in the first place. They're the same type of people that got the villian commercials taken off the air for glorifying "extreme and dangerous driving". Bunch of garage queens.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by lunagry
Yeah like you don't dream of having one of your cars publicized on the world's top auto show website. Stop trying so hard to try and make phillyweb feel bad about going to Hennessey.
It's cool, I think hennessey kicked that one guys dog or said his wife looked fat in a dress before or something. He's been crying about hennessey since day one.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by lunagry
I can definitively state that I've never had that dream and never will, but I do agree that part of the fun of car ownership is doing whatever makes you happy. Harshly criticizing what someone else has chosen to do serves no useful purpose on a car forum.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:27 PM

TST Podcast 24 with THE John Hennessey | The Smoking Tire

There are always going to be people that are just negative and hateful, especially on the internet. If you want to listen to a good honest interview with Hennessey from a couple years ago, click the mp3 link on the page link above. The whole thing is good, but if you just want to hear him address the problems he had over 10 years ago, skip to the 37 minute mark.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:49 PM
Banned
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I can definitively state that I've never had that dream and never will, but I do agree that part of the fun of car ownership is doing whatever makes you happy. Harshly criticizing what someone else has chosen to do serves no useful purpose on a car forum.

you wouldn't want your your car profiled on a famous automobile website?

Old 10-31-2014, 07:29 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

OK guys, this tit-for-tat is wearing thin, and the personal remarks aren't appreciated.

Let's get the discussion back to the performance gains on the car, or I may as well close the thread...

Quick Reply: F-Type R on it's way to Hennessy