F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type R Performance VAP and other Upgrades Coming!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
great timing As VelocityAP released thier data logger and should be shipped out in a couple of weeks! Great initiative! I’ll follow suit as I’m going to push my car as well! Currently adding half a can of Boostane to every 20 gallons of 93oct so might as well add meth into the mix as well ! 😅
Yeah. Awesome...Team project... I have a working copy of SDD and an OBDII cable so can do most things including data logging. I am still trying to find the best spot to inject and the best spot for a boost reference to trigger the meth/h20. I do NOT plan to ever tune for the meth as that is risky if the system fails...And I do not like BOOMS . I have found what I think is a good reference for the boost pressure. Posted below with pinouts. There are actually 2 manifold pressure sensors...one at the throttle body and one at the rear of the SC. The one at the rear also checks air temps, and I am thinking that one is the best for triggering the spray as it shows pressure between the SC ICs and the Intake Valves... The one at the TB measures intake pressure. Interested in your thoughts there? (See below to help if/when you do it). Need to see which kit can read that voltage and adjust accordingly. If you learn anything post it up!

Additionally, I am thinking of one spray nozzle in the center of the Intake Plenum to keep it simple but appears a huge ridge is there...So may have to go with two smaller nozzles (175 ML/MIN) ? I have to do more research to see how the air is flowing in that area as well. I have seen all kits posted on Jags (except maybe 1?) tap into that Y-pipe intake but was advised that is not a good idea by VAP...So not sure I will try that?

Well...My parts should be here Monday, so will start ripping it apart as time permits. Will take pictures and can document anything anyone is curious about as I tear the front end apart ...haha

More to come....Til she splodes!

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 09-13-2020 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Doesn't sound practical for a track. Much more suited for the strip like nitro.
Ko-Rect! I just do straight line and Airstrip racing. Not a track guy....more of an acceleration junkie !!

DC

Old 09-13-2020, 01:14 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
Hi....Yes I have read most threads.....including that one. I got excited at the first few posts, then it just fizzled and died like many others!

Forum ediquette....If you start something, you should always close the loop! Drives me crazy when people say...."Taking it to the shop tomorrow to see what the issue is"....Then nuthin'

Take care,
DC
I can’t speak for the others, but I have a thread almost titled that very thing. If anyone else is like me, there is nothing else to report. The dealers take your car and it’s a black hole for weeks. My car has been down since mid July.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Madscott
I can’t speak for the others, but I have a thread almost titled that very thing. If anyone else is like me, there is nothing else to report. The dealers take your car and it’s a black hole for weeks. My car has been down since mid July.
Wow...That is too bad... Good luck getting your car fixed and returned. Wish you the best. I do not go to the dealers much....But when I do, I hold them accountable and do my best to learn about everything they did and why. It helps for the next issue. Again, Good luck!

DC

Old 09-14-2020, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member

Tune and Pulley from Velocity AP delayed until Wednesday per DHL....So no installing until at least then! In case anyone was looking for an update ....

Also getting pretty close to getting the Meth Plan all figured out. Big thanks to Terrance39 on this forum who has answered a few questions over PM for me and been very helpful with info on how he has done his, and other things to consider...I am 95% ready to buy a kit!

Stay tuned!

DC

The following users liked this post:
Black15FTR (09-15-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Tune and Pulley from Velocity AP delayed until Wednesday per DHL....So no installing until at least then! In case anyone was looking for an update ....

Also getting pretty close to getting the Meth Plan all figured out. Big thanks to Terrance39 on this forum who has answered a few questions over PM for me and been very helpful with info on how he has done his, and other things to consider...I am 95% ready to buy a kit!

Stay tuned!

DC
No pun intended I hope!

Therock88 (09-14-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 06:22 AM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
No pun intended I hope!
I think DC is focused on the car - not becoming Heisenberg; however, if he trades the F-type for and old Winnebago........

Old 09-15-2020, 06:32 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by gg2684
I think DC is focused on the car - not becoming Heisenberg; however, if he trades the F-type for and old Winnebago........
I was referring to the tune not the meth!
Funny you should say that now though, I am right this minute re-watching Breaking Bad for the fourth time and currently up to Season 4 Episode 3.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:55 AM

I was referring to the tune not the meth!
Funny you should say that now though, I am right this minute re-watching Breaking Bad for the fourth time and currently up to Season 4 Episode 3.
we did our third time through last winter. wasn't impressed with the movie though.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member

Well....Look what showed up today! Also got my Heat range *8 Iridium NGK plugs and gapped them to .036. So once I get a break...I will start ripping it apart.

Unfortunately, my oldest daughter just tested positive for COVID, so we are keeping our 7-month-old granddaughter at our house for a few days....may delay my progress...But at least she is sweet and cute!

DC

supersportmtl (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 09:13 PM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Well....Look what showed up today! Also got my Heat range *8 Iridium NGK plugs and gapped them to .036. So once I get a break...I will start ripping it apart.

Unfortunately, my oldest daughter just tested positive for COVID, so we are keeping our 7-month-old granddaughter at our house for a few days....may delay my progress...But at least she is sweet and cute!

DC
Best of luck to your daughter, she may be in for a tuff time. So weird how some are affected terribly and some not. Hopefully she is the latter.
On the plus side your granddaughter has the perfect sized hands for doing the plug changeout, never too early to get them wrenching

Old 09-15-2020, 09:49 PM

+2 - never too early to start working - Ive hustled my whole life and my kid acts like jobs are for suckers who aren’t good at video games.

and best wishes to your daughter. My mother and aunt both had it - both around 60 so definitely some concern but they recovered well.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

+2 - never too early to start working - Ive hustled my whole life and my kid acts like jobs are for suckers who aren’t good at video games.

and best wishes to your daughter. My mother and aunt both had it - both around 60 so definitely some concern but they recovered well.
+3. You can hold her upside down over the engine while she wrenches out the plugs.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by madmax1911
Best of luck to your daughter, she may be in for a tuff time. So weird how some are affected terribly and some not. Hopefully she is the latter.
On the plus side your granddaughter has the perfect sized hands for doing the plug changeout, never too early to get them wrenching

Originally Posted by Unhingd
+3. You can hold her upside down over the engine while she wrenches out the plugs.
Thanks a bunch, guys! And agree...Them tiny hands could come in handy! Mainly for scratching my face with those kitten sharp nails right now! But soon enough...more productive use

This AM, I was able to use the VAP VTech Tool (Which is a Powergate3+ BTW) to read my OEM ECU file and upload it to VAP! I will start ripping into it later today if I have time, to begin the Pulley install. The pulley looks very high quality and is very light, which also helps!

Cannot drive it after pulley install until my tune comes back anyway (1-2 days per VAP site). I will take pics and document well. Conner on the SKRRT Channel has done a really nice video on youtube as well! Kudos to him (He is on this forum too I believe).

DC

Old 09-16-2020, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Stolen did a pretty good write up with photos and tools a long while back:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...pulley-179588/

The biggest pointer IMHO was to clean out/off the pulley bolt holes/bolts of old thread locker and in later posts by others on how to keep the V6 engine from turning when removing the pulley bolts.

Last edited by RGPV6S; 09-16-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:55 PM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

@Therock88 Hey buddy if you could film the meth installation and share the final results on youtube that would be much appreciated! It will certainly help and stage2 Jag owner who lives in hot climates and enjoys the occasional highway pulls!

Old 09-16-2020, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member

DC, you can drive it after the pulley install but before the tune install, I drove mine back from the shop that way through 60 km of suburban traffic with zero problems and many others have done the same. Just go gentle, don't give it any WOT and try not to exceed 4,000 rpm and you will be good to go.

Last edited by OzXFR; 09-16-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

DC, you can drive it after the pulley install but before the tune install, I drove mine back from the shop that way through 60 km of suburban traffic with zero problems and many others have done the same. Just go gentle, don't give it any WOT and try not to exceed 4,000 rpm and you will be good to go.
+1. Mine wouldn’t throw a code until I exceeded 5000 rpm. At that point you are exceeding 18 pounds of boost and the ECU is saying to itself: “WTF do I do now? Those parameters are off my charts.” The code thrown is “unexpected value encountered”. I’ll say!

Old 09-17-2020, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
Stolen did a pretty good write up with photos and tools a long while back:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...pulley-179588/

The biggest pointer IMHO was to clean out/off the pulley bolt holes/bolts of old thread locker and in later posts by others on how to keep the V6 engine from turning when removing the pulley bolts.
Yes...That is very well done! I may see if I can use a few of his images (I took some as well) to use in a Downloadable PDF DIY....If not, I will just use mine and edit with Photoshop. Thanks or sharing.
DC

Old 09-17-2020, 07:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
@Therock88 Hey buddy if you could film the meth installation and share the final results on youtube that would be much appreciated! It will certainly help and stage2 Jag owner who lives in hot climates and enjoys the occasional highway pulls!
I sure will! I plan to fully document and produce a DIY with photos for sure. I will see about doing a video perhaps as well. I have a general plan now, just trying to decide which company to get which pieces from. Also, need a kit to see if my placement plan will work.
​​​​​​​DC

Quick Reply: F-Type R Performance VAP and other Upgrades Coming!