F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F type R wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,217 Likes on 2,372 Posts

The front spats rolled up a couple of hours ago, piece of cake to install and look great!
No need to use 12 clips, only four each side needed, the top two spots have tabs blocking the clips and are secured with 3M tape instead.
It wouldn't be hard to cut the tabs off and use two more clips each side but I decided to keep the four extra clips as spares as the other clips didn't fit super tight and I suspect I might lose one or two over time.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
The front spats rolled up a couple of hours ago, piece of cake to install and look great!
No need to use 12 clips, only four each side needed, the top two spots have tabs blocking the clips and are secured with 3M tape instead.
It wouldn't be hard to cut the tabs off and use two more clips each side but I decided to keep the four extra clips as spares as the other clips didn't fit super tight and I suspect I might lose one or two over time.
Great to hear. I ordered mine from BritCar as well....but no show yet. If you get a chance, could you post a picture or two and any insights on install? Looking forward to getting them in and installing them! Thanks!

DC

Old 02-15-2020, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,217 Likes on 2,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
Great to hear. I ordered mine from BritCar as well....but no show yet. If you get a chance, could you post a picture or two and any insights on install? Looking forward to getting them in and installing them! Thanks!

DC
OK DC, here's some rough snaps:

You can see the metal clips, and in the bottom pic you can see the plastic tabs on the top two "clip spaces".
I figured out that I could bend those tabs right back and attach a metal clip to each one but there seemed little point as the spats come with 3M tape in that area anyway (and just that area) so I decided to keep the four extra clips as spares.
Maybe on the XK (that these spats are designed for) the tabs are needed to protect the paintwork on the inner edges of the guards, but they are not needed for protection on the F-Type. The inner edges of the clips go on the insides of the guards where there is no paint anyway and as you can see the outer edges go over the plastic/rubber of the spats.
No real fitting tips I can give other than fit the four clips first before you peel the backing off the 3M tape and press that last bit home.
Also it's difficult to tell which is the correct way up, I tried both ways (before clipping/sticking) and it just looked a little more "right" with the tabs at the top rather than the bottom. It could be that I have put them on "upside down" but I received zero instructions with the parts!
If I start having problems with the spats or the clips coming loose (the clips definitely do not fit real tight) I reckon I will stick some little pieces of packing, probably some thin double sided tape, in the slots where the clips go which should make them fit a lot tighter.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Thanks a bunch for posting. I ended up getting them done today as well. I trimmed the tabs at the top, and also put small notches where the clips go so they would go on further and seat better. I also ran additional 3M tape the entire length, which makes th thicker and hopefully adheres better. So far so good!

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 02-16-2020 at 08:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GeDaJew (11-27-2021)
Old 11-28-2023, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone notice any performance differences with spacers? good or bad?