F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type rear license plate 'frame' update....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 06:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Smile F-Type rear license plate 'frame' update....

Hi, 2016 F-Type rear License mounting and frame..... well I finally got my new plate from my state... the dealer had the temporary plate in his Branded frame... and it was also made with Four screw holes... my car only has 2 predrilled mounting points, and the Frame from Jaguar has two... So I just installed the
Jaguare OEM frame from Parts, and it is supplied with Anti-Rattle insulator pads for the two screws and the back of the new metal license plate YEA ! Cool.
So now a nice clean install of new plate, less Dealers name... which is ok with me... just the clean Jaguar brand. YEA, again !!!

Old 09-10-2021, 02:07 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

I always tell dealers that if they want their branded plate frame or worse, those little decals on my vehicles, it's an extra $500 off the agreed price.

The following users liked this post:
Mbourne (09-12-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 04:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
I always tell dealers that if they want their branded plate frame or worse, those little decals on my vehicles, it's an extra $500 off the agreed price.
I’ve never had a dealer sticker of any kind on any of my cars in all these years. With this one exceptional exception:

Tasteful—one might even say elegant—and beautifully made.

Only potential issue is the dealer—or you—gets only one shot to make sure it’s absolutely positively straight when affixed to the car. Ask me how I know.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 09-10-2021 at 06:46 AM.
JacksonvilleJag (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 10:45 AM
Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
I’ve never had a dealer sticker of any kind on any of my cars in all these years. With this one exceptional exception:

Only potential issue is the dealer—or you—gets only one shot to make sure it’s absolutely positively straight when affixed to the car. Ask me how I know.
Now that's a work of art, a piece of jewelry for your car.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SVR 575
Now that's a work of art, a piece of jewelry for your car.
It truly is. Not sure how your dealer—assuming you go to a dealer—would feel BUT I have a couple of extra MY dealer provided me (for my events) which I would be happy to send you IF you’d like one? It complements the car beautifully.

Please send me a PM if interested.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hi, Yes, per this car's frames, I will return the Two frames to them with a smile.
thank you, they no longer can drill holes to screw in their logo's, per the early
Rust issues of holes....

Old 09-10-2021, 03:08 PM

It truly is. Not sure how your dealer—assuming you go to a dealer—would feel BUT I have a couple of extra MY dealer provided me (for my events) which I would be happy to send you IF you’d like one? It complements the car beautifully.

Please send me a PM if interested.
That's very kind offering to send me that badge and I am thankfully accepting!! I don't think my servicing dealer (Hinsdale Jaguar) will have any concerns, I actually found my car in Ft. Worth TX where it was originally sold and then traded in. The original owner had traded a 2014 XFRS for the SVR, and then went back to a four door when they traded the SVR for a Benz, I think it's neat having the paperwork history of the car.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member

That's very kind offering to send me that badge and I am thankfully accepting!! I don't think my servicing dealer (Hinsdale Jaguar) will have any concerns, I actually found my car in Ft. Worth TX where it was originally sold and then traded in. The original owner had traded a 2014 XFRS for the SVR, and then went back to a four door when they traded the SVR for a Benz, I think it's neat having the paperwork history of the car.
PM received. I will pop it in the mail tomorrow, Monday the latest. I had dinner with the General Sales Manager of Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough this evening, along with our wives, and told him I intend to mail one out and he was delighted. I actually have a few extra badges if anyone else would like one? Just PM me your name and address and I will see what I can do. As previously stated, they are beautifully made and would definitely enhance anyone’s car IMO. That one note of caution is, I strongly recommend affixing it being a two person job. One person to position it where you’d like—I think it would look best to the left center of the rear license plate—gently taking the peel off tape on the back and the other person gently “pushing” it forward onto the car. You will NOT be able to remove it and/or reposition it once it is on. You’d have to use a heat gun to do that. I repeat; ask me how I know.

SVR 575 (09-11-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 09:08 PM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
I have always been the same. I bought a new Dodge Daytona turbo back in the day from my girlfriends dad's dealership. Her brother was going over the car before I took delivery and I noticed they put the damn dealer sticker on the car. I said "I told you that you can't put a sticker on my car." Her brother said why? I said if I was going to advertise for you then I should get monthly checks for my advertising your dealership. Anyway I broke up with her and as I knew would happen she owns all the dealerships now and is essentially retired in her 50's.

Old 09-11-2021, 04:56 AM
Veteran Member

Voila!

Two badges going out today to two F-Type forum members—who both thoughtfully offered to pay for shipping (thank you but it’s my pleasure). Anyone else?

Last edited by RickyJay52; 09-11-2021 at 05:00 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Mahjik (09-11-2021), McPhaul (04-26-2022), SVR 575 (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 06:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 257 Posts

The badge looks pretty sharp.
It reminds me of the RAC (Royal Automobile Club) badge that was often displayed by UK members on their front grills.
But, since I have chosen to go badgeless, I shall not be requesting one.
What I did want to share was that I made a brief visit to your Scarborough dealer a couple of weeks ago.
On our way back from Portland, we just happened to pass by, and stopped in with a couple of questions.
They were very friendly and helpful. Nice dealer to have local.
Unfortunately they are 130 miles from Scituate, MA!!!

Old 09-11-2021, 08:47 AM

Voila!

Two badges going out today to two F-Type forum members—who both thoughtfully offered to pay for shipping (thank you but it’s my pleasure). Anyone else?
You mentioned that mounting the badge square is a challenge, it looks like there is open space above the Union Jack, if that's the case one could use use a torpedo level and then pencil a thin line on the mounting spot.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

You mentioned that mounting the badge square is a challenge, it looks like there is open space above the Union Jack, if that's the case one could use use a torpedo level and then pencil a thin line on the mounting spot.
The best “level” I have and ever use is my eye. So no instruments are actually needed. The “challenge” is once it is affixed to the car it’s basically there. The “first” time I affixed it to my car—and I was at the dealer when I did—I discovered that it was ever-so-slightly off (most people probably would not have noticed). One of the fine mechanics there—and I always take care of, actually, everyone there—used a heat gun and gently pried it off without any damage. I was a bit more careful when I put it on the second time and have never looked back since. Except in my rear view mirror.

Headed to US Post Office now…

Last edited by RickyJay52; 09-11-2021 at 01:32 PM.
scm (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 10:54 AM
Received 98 Likes on 55 Posts

What if your car is not level? I agree with Ricky Jay, make sure to use your good eye.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CJSJAG
The badge looks pretty sharp.
It reminds me of the RAC (Royal Automobile Club) badge that was often displayed by UK members on their front grills.
But, since I have chosen to go badgeless, I shall not be requesting one.
What I did want to share was that I made a brief visit to your Scarborough dealer a couple of weeks ago.
On our way back from Portland, we just happened to pass by, and stopped in with a couple of questions.
They were very friendly and helpful. Nice dealer to have local.
Unfortunately they are 130 miles from Scituate, MA!!!
Let me be perfectly clear: I do not, and have never, work[ed] at Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough, ME—contrary to popular opinion. It’s just that in all my years of buying cars—mostly new and from dealers—it’s been my experience that they are the best in the business. A business not necessarily known for “after-sales”—or even “before sales”—satisfaction. And I bought my 2015 V6S almost 7 years ago and I’ve never altered my opinion. If anything, it’s been enhanced over the years.

And in the 6 years I’ve hosted 7 Jaguar F-Type events, Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough ME has always come through for me without blinking an eye. If you read my “With Thanks & Gratitude” over in the Jaguar 2021 Jaguar [F-Type] Magical Mystery Tour thread you’ll see how great they’ve been. I don’t really want to get into the details but within 24 hours of asking if they would foot the bill for 2 items I wanted each attendee to get, I was handed a check for $2,000. Who does that? A great dealership, that’s who.

Oh, by the way, there are several forum members who travel greater distances to get their car serviced there. The bonus—or penalty depending on how you look at things—is usually breakfast and/or lunch with me.

🙏

P.S. Total of 3 badges mailed today. I mentioned to the General Sales Manager that those were my last three and he said he would resupply me. Hey, you’ll be in good company. SUPERMOD GGG, in the U.K., even has one!

Last edited by RickyJay52; 09-11-2021 at 01:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
koolkat (10-10-2021), Mbourne (09-12-2021)
Old 04-25-2022, 11:22 AM
Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Now that's a decal I wouldn't mind showing off.

Old 04-25-2022, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

RickyJay blessed me with one of those glorious badges. Soon I will figure out how mount it on my P7 grille.

Old 04-26-2022, 06:53 PM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

I played with the same frustration regarding the available license plate frames and the fact the Jag F type only provides the top 2 holes on the plate holder bracket. I finally found exactly what I was looking for on Amazon. They are quality made and the fasteners and screw covers fit the car perfectly.

Amazon Amazon