F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F type rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 08:41 PM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts
Default F type rear spoiler

I know I am likely to be in the small minority with my question, but I really don't care to see the rear spoiler popping up at 71 mph and then detracting at 50 mph. I'm simply a senior citizen who owns a '21 F type R and enjoys driving it on sunny days and putting about 3000 miles a year on the car. I don't track the car and rarely "race" this car, only just for kicks when the road conditions and safety allow for it. I just find the spoiler popping up, then down, when the speed dictates. Is there a relatively easy (or simple) way, like pulling a fuse, that would just leave the spoiler in the down position. Thanks!

Old 06-21-2023, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by tzoid9
I know I am likely to be in the small minority with my question, but I really don't care to see the rear spoiler popping up at 71 mph and then detracting at 50 mph. I'm simply a senior citizen who owns a '21 F type R and enjoys driving it on sunny days and putting about 3000 miles a year on the car. I don't track the car and rarely "race" this car, only just for kicks when the road conditions and safety allow for it. I just find the spoiler popping up, then down, when the speed dictates. Is there a relatively easy (or simple) way, like pulling a fuse, that would just leave the spoiler in the down position. Thanks!
Many posts on this subject, search for "disable spoiler".
Bottom line - there is no quick, simple and easy way to disable the spoiler such as pulling a fuse, but there is a way that involves a little wrenching, see this post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...2/#post1614196
Yes there is a fuse for the spoiler motor but the same fuse is also used for the Dynamic/Snow mode switch so pulling that fuse is a no go. You can also disable the spoiler by cutting the two rods which operate it but that was too drastic for my liking.
Like you I was not a fan of the auto up / auto down function at certain speeds so I searched for a way to permanently disable the spoiler and after a few months I finally worked it out as per the post linked above.
All relatively easy to do just a bit tedious/time consuming, and only one "special" tool needed - a TS27 "star security" 5 point bit/driver.
Only one downside - when you hit exactly 100 mph (162 km/h) you get a warning message on the dash, something like "spoiler inoperative" IIRC, and your top speed is limited to something like 125 mph. Then you have to stop the car and turn the ignition off to get rid of that message.

Old 06-26-2023, 10:06 PM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

waaay too complicated for me....I'll live with the spoiler, up at 70 MPH and down at 50 MPH. Thanks for the input!

Old 06-26-2023, 10:24 PM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I also belive there is a part that can be installed to over ride and not trigger malfunction lights. I have the OEM carbon fiber SVR spoiler but it is a entire different ballgame and you have a entirety different mechanism that doesn't deploy the spoiler.

Old 06-26-2023, 11:01 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tzoid9
Wow. You opened the conversation up, but when ozXFR came with quality; you threw him under the bus. Did I miss something?

Old 06-26-2023, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Pupilbone
Wow. You opened the conversation up, but when ozXFR came with quality; you threw him under the bus. Did I miss something?
No problem here, the way I see it tzoid9 simply decided that the method I used was a bit too complicated for him.