F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-type Repair manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 08:18 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default F-type Repair manual

I recently installed a VAP tune and crank pulley. The belt soon broke (8 miles total), thrashed around and broke the vacuum line fitting of of the brake vacuum pump and sort of made a mess of it. The entire process turned into more than I originally bargained for. If the car had brakes and there was no snow on the ground I would have already taken it to the dealer to have my mess sorted.

In short, I need a repair manual to de-scramble the mess and figure out where the other end of the hose goes. I have looked on line to try to find a repair manual. The sites appearing reputable do not offer the F-type manual. Other sites claim to have this manual, but appear rather scammy.

Has anyone had success finding an accurate repair manual for the F-type?

Old 01-03-2023, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Yes, get my copy of the F-Type Repair Manual from my Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d52ciochjn...anual.pdf?dl=0
It is specifically for my car, a MY2015 V6S coupe auto RHD, but 95% applies to all F-Types including the brake vacuum hose/pipe.
Be warned it is large and cumbersome (over 24,000 pages) with lots of duplication but easy enough to navigate using the Index.
Also I have seen your other posts about the broken vacuum line and I had a look in my car's engine bay and it seems easy enough to me to figure out where the other ends of that line go.
I am guessing your line was broken off somewhere at the front end which I can't see from just poking around the top of the engine bay so I'm assuming you are wanting to know about the other two ends towards the rear of the car. There is a T join beside the RHS cylinder head, then one side of that goes to the brake booster cylinder and the other side snakes around the rear of the supercharger and plugs into a nipple on the left side rear of the supercharger, that being where the brake booster gets it's vacuum from.

Last edited by OzXFR; 01-03-2023 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Yes, get my copy of the F-Type Repair Manual from my Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d52ciochjn...anual.pdf?dl=0
It is specifically for my car, a MY2015 V6S coupe auto RHD, but 95% applies to all F-Types including the brake vacuum hose/pipe.
Be warned it is large and cumbersome (over 24,000 pages) with lots of duplication but easy enough to navigate using the Index.
You sir are a legend. Thank you as always.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:33 AM
Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Also I have seen your other posts about the broken vacuum line and I had a look in my car's engine bay and it seems easy enough to me to figure out where the other ends of that line go.
I am guessing your line was broken off somewhere at the front end which I can't see from just poking around the top of the engine bay so I'm assuming you are wanting to know about the other two ends towards the rear of the car. There is a T join beside the RHS cylinder head, then one side of that goes to the brake booster cylinder and the other side snakes around the rear of the supercharger and plugs into a nipple on the left side rear of the supercharger, that being where the brake booster gets it's vacuum from.
Hey OzXFR, I've seen this link to you Dropbox here and other places on this and other forums. However, whenever I follow the link, I find that while entitled as an F-Type Repair Manual, the actual content is an Owner's Handbook.

Is this just me, or do others find the same? Thanks!

Old 01-05-2023, 11:18 AM

Keep scrolling down. It is a huge file with a lot of information.

Old 01-05-2023, 02:18 PM
Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Ahhhh,,, I see. Multiple manuals, one file.
You're right. Lots of good stuff!!

Thanks!!

Old 01-05-2023, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by theEIger
Ahhhh,,, I see. Multiple manuals, one file.
You're right. Lots of good stuff!!

Thanks!!
Yep, that has caught out a few young players before.
What works for me is to click on the "Bookmarks" link on the left edge of the page (for me the PDF opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader) which then opens a virtual Index, then you can scroll down the Index to find what you are after (then click the link to go to it) much quicker and easier than scrolling through the PDF itself.