Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type Sale are up in the US

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts
Default F-Type Sale are up in the US

Boxter and Cayman are down. GTR is up...

Interesting figures for the US market.

March 2015 YTD U.S. Passenger Car Sales Rankings - Top 152 Best-Selling Cars In America - Every Car Ranked - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

The following users liked this post:
shift (04-25-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

interesting indeed. I dont think any of the 2016s have been delivered, so all these must be 2015s.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
interesting indeed. I dont think any of the 2016s have been delivered, so all these must be 2015s.
Yeah, I don't know if they specify model year or not. I can't find details. Might just be "sold as new" ?

I'd love for them to break out Coups and Convertibles, or even Base, S, and R... (along with other manufactures as well.)

Old 04-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

The worrisome thing is that XJ and XF sales are abysmal. Wonder why?

Old 04-25-2015, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by XFactoR
They are both rather long in the tooth at this point and overdue for a new generation.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

The XK sales are even worse. I realize it is an orphan but still, after the F-Type it is the sweetest Jag. No accounting for the fickle market.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Nookieman
The XK sales are even worse. I realize it is an orphan but still, after the F-Type it is the sweetest Jag. No accounting for the fickle market.
The fact that the XKs are out of production may have something to do with this.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member

My dealer (JLR of Annapolis) hasn't had a new XK in stock for more than a year.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by XFactoR
XJ sales are not bad in broader context. The S Class owns this segment because it is by far the best. The 7 series is a close second. These 2 by far less in terms of tech in a segment which is oriented to that. The XJ sells very close in volume to the A8 which is what I would expect. The Lexus outsells both because it has built a loyal base due to competitive pricing and leading reliability. Jag could exceed 7 series volumes if they had a more Bentley like XJ. But right now it isn't compelling enough.

XF is simply too out of date. I think you would have to be an idiot to buy an XF at this point. Everything else is much better, especially the 5 series. The new XF should redress the balance but quite frankly I think that too is too little too late. It will be a nice car, but I would switch my M5 to the E63 in the next generation, not the XFR. The Jaguar is not luxurious enough - they have gone from best to below average in interior finish in the past 7-8 years. Mercedes is knocking it out of the park. The C Class has a nicer interior than my F-Type which costs double.

The following users liked this post:
Foosh (04-26-2015)
Old 04-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
XJ sales are not bad in broader context. The S Class owns this segment because it is by far the best. The 7 series is a close second. These 2 by far less in terms of tech in a segment which is oriented to that. The XJ sells very close in volume to the A8 which is what I would expect. The Lexus outsells both because it has built a loyal base due to competitive pricing and leading reliability. Jag could exceed 7 series volumes if they had a more Bentley like XJ. But right now it isn't compelling enough.

XF is simply too out of date. I think you would have to be an idiot to buy an XF at this point. Everything else is much better, especially the 5 series. The new XF should redress the balance but quite frankly I think that too is too little too late. It will be a nice car, but I would switch my M5 to the E63 in the next generation, not the XFR. The Jaguar is not luxurious enough - they have gone from best to below average in interior finish in the past 7-8 years. Mercedes is knocking it out of the park. The C Class has a nicer interior than my F-Type which costs double.
I completely agree with your analysis.

My wife recently purchased a new-gen C-Class, and it puts the interior in my F-Type to shame. It also makes comparable class, contemporary Audis and BMWs look a bit cheap. This is coming from a person who has never cared for MBs, but they have raised the bar on interior design and surpassed their competition for the first time in many years.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Remember the Chris Harris review of the F-Type...how can they offer the R for $100K when it's so wonderfully designed? The interior! They saved on the interior. MB/BMW/etc. offer much better interior quality/design at 1/2 of the price.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

I'm actually looking at the S Class/7 Series/XJ right now and agree with the consensus that the S Class is in another league compared to its competitors. The XJ is a good car to drive, it's very light for the class, but the tech isn't anywhere near the level of the Germans and, most surprisingly of all, the ride just isn't great. It's just too harsh and fidgety, something that's just not class-appropriate. Cars in this class don't need to be sporty, although a properly-equipped 7 can be, but the XJ has a poorer primary and secondary ride than all of the German cars based on my test drives. The big thing, though, is that the XJ isn't particularly good value for money.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

HAHA. I think the interior of current jags is downright mouthwatering... a new XJ just lights my soul on fire. Beats the hell out of my nissan's

Old 04-26-2015, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by shift
Remember the Chris Harris review of the F-Type...how can they offer the R for $100K when it's so wonderfully designed? The interior! They saved on the interior. MB/BMW/etc. offer much better interior quality/design at 1/2 of the price.
I'm not convinced. I sat in an S550 yesterday which had a lowed MSRP than my F Coupe. If Mercedes can build that huge and finely finished for a lower price than our F-Type then I'm sure Jag could have done a better job with the interior without breaking the bank.

It's not bad, but it could be much better.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
I'm actually looking at the S Class/7 Series/XJ right now and agree with the consensus that the S Class is in another league compared to its competitors. The XJ is a good car to drive, it's very light for the class, but the tech isn't anywhere near the level of the Germans and, most surprisingly of all, the ride just isn't great. It's just too harsh and fidgety, something that's just not class-appropriate. Cars in this class don't need to be sporty, although a properly-equipped 7 can be, but the XJ has a poorer primary and secondary ride than all of the German cars based on my test drives. The big thing, though, is that the XJ isn't particularly good value for money.
I had 2012 XJ SuperCharged and it was the best car I ever had. My wife made to swap it for GL450 as we have twins plus occasional guests hence we needed a 7 seater.

I agree that S class beats in tech but I still think XJ exterior looks far more expensive than S Class. Valet guys in NYC would park XJ in the front, while S and 7 series would be in the back.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by f1champ
I had 2012 XJ SuperCharged and it was the best car I ever had. My wife made to swap it for GL450 as we have twins plus occasional guests hence we needed a 7 seater.

I agree that S class beats in tech but I still think XJ exterior looks far more expensive than S Class. Valet guys in NYC would park XJ in the front, while S and 7 series would be in the back.
Agree on the exterior, the XJ is a beauty. As for the ride complaints in my earlier post, I just drove an AWD XJ and it actually rode appreciably better than the RWD XJ I drove the other day.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Each generation, now Merc, gets a jump until competition makes next jump. Audi is next with all the models getting new everything. Merc prices are up except on older E class. BMW is in starting process of new models. Jag will probably be last. I like the interior on my F as much as my '12 SLK55 if not more, and I had a $2400 carbon pkg. on it.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by bjg625
Each generation, now Merc, gets a jump until competition makes next jump. Audi is next with all the models getting new everything. Merc prices are up except on older E class. BMW is in starting process of new models. Jag will probably be last. I like the interior on my F as much as my '12 SLK55 if not more, and I had a $2400 carbon pkg. on it.
Well that last point is hardly an endorsement. The 12 SLK55 is both an older car, and a more entry level car (the SLK model I mean).