Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 02:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

https://www.brit-car.co.uk
good pricing and reasonable delivery charges

Old 04-02-2020, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by TM1238
Does anyone know of a good source for the OEM Meridian Signature speakers that Cambo gave a list of? SPecifically I am looking for the C2D24865, LR033292, LR033293 and LR047119. I know I can get them from a dealership, but are there any other sources for used ones? I've searched eBay and I'm not coming up with much. Thanks.
https://www.brit-car.co.uk
good prices, and reasonable delivery charges

Old 04-02-2020, 05:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

https://www.jaguarpartsunlimited.com/

Best place to buy Jaguar parts. Exeter Jaguar is a small Jaguar dealer in southern New Hampshire. They sell everything @ 20% over cost. Phil has been a Jaguar parts manager for 40 years & probably one of the most knowledgeable.

If you follow Cambo's post & also dynamat the door panels as well as the carpets behind the seats you will be amazed at the difference.

Old 04-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you ahmad.336 and JgaXkr, I'll look at both sources.

JgaXkr, have you done speaker upgrades in the F-Types? If you have I'm interested in knowing what route you went with the speakers themselves, upgraded OEM type or aftermarket?

Old 04-02-2020, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TM1238
Thank you ahmad.336 and JgaXkr, I'll look at both sources.

JgaXkr, have you done speaker upgrades in the F-Types? If you have I'm interested in knowing what route you went with the speakers themselves, upgraded OEM type or aftermarket?
I purchased all of the Jaguar speakers, as per Cambo's recommendation. The only ones that are original are the rear subs. Make sure you dynamat the door panels & rear speaker carpets. I probably added 10lbs to the car but no vibration. You also need to make sure you have the updated software in the infotainment system.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:43 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
I purchased all of the Jaguar speakers, as per Cambo's recommendation. The only ones that are original are the rear subs. Make sure you dynamat the door panels & rear speaker carpets. I probably added 10lbs to the car but no vibration. You also need to make sure you have the updated software in the infotainment system.
Yep the dynamat makes a big difference. This is the last one I did.

The following 3 users liked this post by Cambo:
DJS (04-03-2020), JgaXkr (04-02-2020), NJ68 (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 07:17 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Cambo, can you let me know what version of SDD you use, or should I just opt for the latest available? Also, any recommendations on Mongoose cable clones for an F-type? There are a lot out there but I also read a thread here where someone cooked their modules on the high speed canbus by utilizing a bad or low quality clone.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:26 AM
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
Yep the dynamat makes a big difference. This is the last one I did.

That's awesome. I hear that the installation of dynomat alone makes a huge difference as it blocks out a lot of road noise as well.

From an old previous thread, if I understood correctly, you attempted to retrofit a super premium amplifier (AUD-24) into lower spec audio vehicle. Did you ever successfully accomplish it, and unlock the super premium amplifier's 3D surround sound settings?

I just purchased a super premium amp that was taken from a 2014 Range Rover L405 and looking to install it in a 2013 XJ that currently has the 825W (AUD-16) system. Additionally, I purchased super premium speakers (all kevlar) as well. I understand the speaker wiring of the additional connector on the super premium amp. I'm not 100% sure on the programming of the new amp though. Just from installation or plug and play, will the existing and new speakers still play without any programming of the new amp? Or must the amp be programmed to the vehicle to produce any enhanced audio from the speakers? In my mind, this audio upgrade seems pretty simple and straight forward. I hope I'm not overlooking anything. I just want to get your experience or thoughts on this retrofit. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by ABrice; 04-03-2020 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:37 AM

Sorry if this was mentioned here and I missed it skimming. 9 pages is a lot to go through. Was there any mention of an aftermarket head unit in this? I got some speakers ( 2 nanoboxes behind the seats) but I REALLY want to replace the god awful Jaguar head unit. I had a F-Pace loaner while getting an evaporator unit replaced and that head unit was quite nice so I would be open to getting a head unit from a 2020 if that's feasible. Anyone know if that can be done or what aftermarket options there are? Aside from Alibaba. I'm not messing with them

Old 04-12-2020, 05:45 AM
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default MERRYWAY 10.25'' Replacement Head unit for JAGUAR F TYPE BOSCH 2012-2016

Here is the link to where this unit can be purchased:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300...19fe1695hZVZnq

Here is the install video link:

Here is the operation video link:

Last edited by jeff_the_chef; 04-12-2020 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Added links
The following users liked this post:
FType4Me (04-12-2020)
Old 04-12-2020, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by jeff_the_chef
Here is the link to where this unit can be purchased:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300...19fe1695hZVZnq

Here is the install video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfWDUxHKYQM

Here is the operation video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE6s...=emb_rel_pause

Aliexpress and alibaba are essentially the same thing. After hearing @Toddiesel experience, plus what I heard about multiple customers from 2 different stereo shops, I'm not willing to risk it, especially on a $1200 head unit. You can get quite nice Pioneeer, Kenwood, JVC, etc headunits for $300 that do android auto. Plus, there's NO WAY it costs them even half that amount to make that head unit, given their labor costs. It's like a $100 cost to them and they're charging $1200. Ridiculous. I'm probably just going to get a Pioneer or something. I will lose the ability to change whether the upper or lower vents blow on the climate control, and I won't be able to adjust the ambient lighting or the settings for sport mode, but I've already got that set how I want it, so that's not too big a deal. I appreciate the info, but I'm just not willing to put chinese junk in my Indian car! That's a whole country over!

EDIT: I thought the video you linked was just like an ad from the manufacturer, but I just watched it and saw it's your review. I didn't realize these things were just android tablets. Doesn't look like you can do android auto, which is WAY simpler than what you were going through, and you're right, it doesn't look like the fastest tablet. I'm surprised you said that's totally acceptable for you. If I'm going to pay 4x what a headunit should cost, it better be buttery smooth and lightning fast. It just seems very cumbersome and janky. Having to enable wifi hotspot on my phone and connect that way seems kinda ghetto. You also didn't mention anything about climate control or ambient lighting or other vehicle specific settings, so it kinda sounds like you lose that anyway, so I might as well just get a Kenwood or something reputable. Definitely not bashing your review and certainly appreciate you putting it out there. Just that head unit, even in full working order, sounds like a pretty poor choice.

Last edited by Kona; 04-12-2020 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:11 AM
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Kona,

I was just placing these links on the forums for myself and others The review is not mine but I know a lot of owners find the Jaguar infotainment system lacking. This install and review was also from a couple of years ago, so it's possible they have upgraded the software. I like the fact that fits nicely in the dash and looks factory. I also like the fact that you don't have to cut any of the factory wires, they all just plug into this new unit. I think you would end up cutting wires to fit a generic unit and as you said would likely lose functionality. As more and more F-Types hit the second hand market, it's likely there will be others who will make proprietary replacement head units. Maybe even the one in the 2021 F-Type may be able to be retrofitted to earlier cars?

Old 04-12-2020, 11:40 AM

Kona,

I was just placing these links on the forums for myself and others The review is not mine but I know a lot of owners find the Jaguar infotainment system lacking. This install and review was also from a couple of years ago, so it's possible they have upgraded the software. I like the fact that fits nicely in the dash and looks factory. I also like the fact that you don't have to cut any of the factory wires, they all just plug into this new unit. I think you would end up cutting wires to fit a generic unit and as you said would likely lose functionality. As more and more F-Types hit the second hand market, it's likely there will be others who will make proprietary replacement head units. Maybe even the one in the 2021 F-Type may be able to be retrofitted to earlier cars?
I'm really hoping I can grab a head unit for a 2020-2021 and install that at this point. I'm just waiting on the quarantine to be over so I can get a hold of the Jag dealer and find out.

Old 04-12-2020, 04:41 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Maybe even the one in the 2021 F-Type may be able to be retrofitted to earlier cars?
Originally Posted by Kona
I'm really hoping I can grab a head unit for a 2020-2021 and install that at this point. I'm just waiting on the quarantine to be over so I can get a hold of the Jag dealer and find out.
Not a chance. The infotainment systems are totally different, you would have to change a lot of parts;

Screen
Screen surround & fascia
Audio amplifier
"Head unit" (replace IAM2.1 with IMC)
Input panel
Add standalone camera module
DVD drive which is separate
Plus a myriad of small parts like antennas, probably the climate control panel & switchpack around the shifter
Change ALL the wiring (I mean pull a complete cabin harness from a donor car)

Then there would be some very complex programming required to hopefully make it work, a dealer won't be able to help you with that either.

If all you want is Android Auto (or Apple CarPlay) there are kits for that which work with the original infotainment system via the Nav menu, they work pretty well, and cost a fraction of what a factory retrofit would.

Old 04-12-2020, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cambo
Not a chance. The infotainment systems are totally different, you would have to change a lot of parts;

Screen
Screen surround & fascia
Audio amplifier
"Head unit" (replace IAM2.1 with IMC)
Input panel
Add standalone camera module
DVD drive which is separate
Plus a myriad of small parts like antennas, probably the climate control panel & switchpack around the shifter
Change ALL the wiring (I mean pull a complete cabin harness from a donor car)

Then there would be some very complex programming required to hopefully make it work, a dealer won't be able to help you with that either.

If all you want is Android Auto (or Apple CarPlay) there are kits for that which work with the original infotainment system via the Nav menu, they work pretty well, and cost a fraction of what a factory retrofit would.
Yes, the screen and head unit are definitely things I'd be changing. Not sure why I'd have to change the antenna. An antenna is an antenna and they have all had the same connection for the last like 20 years (at least all the ones I've seen). I don't know what all would have to change but everything you mentioned seems a bit hyperbolic. Maybe that's what it will take, I don't know. That's why I'm waiting till the quarantine is over so I can call the Jag dealership and find out. You may very well be right, but I'm not just going to take your word for it. Nothing personal. Android Auto is the biggest driving force, but it's a very aesthetically unpleasing head unit, so if I had to get in there and tinker anyway, might as well just get a nice head unit with some pre amp outputs so the woofers I have don't sound so muddy with the mids and highs that aren't being filtered out properly.

Old 04-12-2020, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, the screen and head unit are definitely things I'd be changing. Not sure why I'd have to change the antenna. An antenna is an antenna and they have all had the same connection for the last like 20 years (at least all the ones I've seen). I don't know what all would have to change but everything you mentioned seems a bit hyperbolic. Maybe that's what it will take, I don't know. That's why I'm waiting till the quarantine is over so I can call the Jag dealership and find out. You may very well be right, but I'm not just going to take your word for it. Nothing personal. Android Auto is the biggest driving force, but it's a very aesthetically unpleasing head unit, so if I had to get in there and tinker anyway, might as well just get a nice head unit with some pre amp outputs so the woofers I have don't sound so muddy with the mids and highs that aren't being filtered out properly.
I see you are a junior member, so I assume fairly new to this forum. If you do some research you will find Cambo is one of the most knowledgeable & highly respected people on this forum. He has helped many of us with his research & knowledge. He has helped quite a few of us with upgrading our stereos. If he is telling you what would be involved with updating you audio you can take his word for it.

Simonusa0 (08-15-2023)
Old 04-13-2020, 12:29 AM
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I completely agree with JgaXkr’s comments above. The depth of research and technical knowledge that Cambo contributes to this forum is unmatched by any dealer. It’s almost laughable. He’s helped many Jaguar and Range Rover enthusiasts all over the world. A dealer won’t even be able to articulate with technical specificity why that project is so difficult; they are just not going to do it. Furthermore, an independent dealer won’t even touch a project like that. It’s too much time, research, and risk for a dealer. I’ve been able to do some gut wrenching projects with Cambo’s assistance. Kona you seemed determined to make that project happen. If it works out, let us know how you achieved the results. After all, that’s what this forum is about. Bottom line, if Cambo provides you with advice, it would be wise to listen.

JgaXkr (04-13-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 07:12 AM

And that's totally fair. I'm sure he's quite knowledgeable. I'm not questioning his experience or know how. As we say in my field, trust by verify. If it was going to be an all day affair for me to do so, then sure, I'd probably take his word. Since it's a 2 minute phone call to the dealership, I think I'm still gonna make that call :-)

Old 04-13-2020, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

And that's totally fair. I'm sure he's quite knowledgeable. I'm not questioning his experience or know how. As we say in my field, trust by verify. If it was going to be an all day affair for me to do so, then sure, I'd probably take his word. Since it's a 2 minute phone call to the dealership, I think I'm still gonna make that call :-)
Please let us all know what the dealer has to say.

Old 04-14-2020, 12:19 PM

I ended up ordering https://unique-ad.co.uk/product-cate...-carplay-kits/ after recommendation from @skizot in a different, but similar thread. https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-stereo-228684 Looking at the display that puts out, it looks MUCH better than factory and apparently has an equalizer in it as well. Little pricey for an adapter, but looks like it is way better than a standard adapter

Quick Reply: F-Type Stereo System Upgrade Planning