Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I couldn't possibly be happier with mine.
Expanding a bit on Foosh's comment, I couldn't possibly be happier with any other brand/model currently available, but I could certainly be happier with the F-Type I have. There are a number of short comings that could be improved on each of the F-Type variants that could be addressed by taking bits and pieces from one and incorporating into another (or even making improvements independently). All of these expressions of dissatisfaction with one aspect or another of any of the variants is merely a matter of personal preference (with the possible exception of the clutch or sound system). With some pruning, the car could shed some weight and taking bits from the P7 and SVR the car could be customized the way I would like. Yes, I have a lot of criticisms about the car, but I love it.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
You're new here, and you're also dead wrong about the part in bold. The majority in this thread is overwhelmingly enthusiastic about the F-Type, but doesn't like the direction the SVR represents. I couldn't possibly be happier with mine.
I really think that group is really limited to a handful or less of people. Most people don't care, while a few others have unrealistic desires. That being said... it's very possible jaguar isn't try to attract the attention of the kind of people who are on this forum. Why would they? We already own one. It would make sense if they made a less sophisticated, more numbers oriented vehicle for the kind of person who cares less about driving the vehicle, and more about bragging about it. There aren't many of those people on this forum.

Old 03-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
Photos are project 7 not SVR.
+1 those picks are the project 7 car. First white one I've seen. Seen the BRG in person and pictures of a blue one, but I do like that white! Of course I'm a tad biased.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:05 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess I'm in the minority, I love it. But it takes all kinds to make the world go round

The following users liked this post:
FeralSVR (03-14-2016)
Old 03-13-2016, 09:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Great . . . I would love nothing more than to be wrong in this case. I am pulling for JLR to become very successful.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:18 PM

I agree, I hope JLR does well with it, but in Canada I've been told they are alotted 45, so sales needless to say will be limited.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Yes, I have a lot of criticisms about the car, but I love it.
This car is the single greatest purchase I've ever made as a consumer. Period. But the clutch is factually sort of wonky. Would I drive another car or an automatic? Nope. There's other minor things in the design... the storage is incredibly awkward to use. But that's because this is a sports car meant for the love of driving, and not a place to functionally store bonbons or suntan lotion LOL

It's sort of like your country... you can love it, and the better you get to know it, the more you can appreciate what's not perfect, and have a discussion about how things might be fixed in the future. It's lovely to see when we mature past the simplistic "love it or leave it" mentality.

As for SVR:

I would say the F-Type forum temperature has been taken, but it might not be a fair sampling as we already own our F-Type, and might not be considering an SVR. One might suppose that a person considering an SVR aren't in an F-Type forum as they don't necessarily own a Jag, yet.

For me, there's a certain point where this car is just going to kill me, and I am entirely lukewarm on the SVR for that reason. lol But seriously, my take on the SVR is that it's mildly confusing when there are about 15 variants of the F-Type (no, really.. how many?), you can tailor make a perfect custom F-Type for less, and if you really want something *Really* special, spend a few more dollars for that Project 7. I love that car. I mean... more HP and torque on a car that is 30-ish pounds lighter than the R doesn't hit me right. The pricing and positioning of the whole car just sort of feels off.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

In a year or two I definitely will buy an SVR for mid 80s as i have done with my XKRS and F-Type. The car will be a good value to me then ....

Old 03-15-2016, 06:27 AM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default DIY

Why not just make your own SVR?

Every V8 F has the basics - just chip your engine up and 'Bob's your Uncle'.

Blink and you'd miss the rest.

Would cost $2k tops.

I'm not sure why this debate is even being held. JLR are just hoping we don't use our laptops to prize open the power reserves they've kept from the AJ133's repertoire.

Show 'em how wrong they are. AUD$100k for an ECU tune, a crappy looking wing and quilted upholstery?

Get stuffed.

Aus V8S

Old 03-15-2016, 08:45 AM
Veteran Member

mmmmh, ya ... all my cars are tuned and pulley .... check .... in a year or two it will be time to replace the XKRS ...

Old 03-15-2016, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
mmmmh, ya ... all my cars are tuned and pulley .... check .... in a year or two it will be time to replace the XKRS ...
Sell it to me...for cheap!

Old 03-15-2016, 04:22 PM

I'm attempting to get one, irrational, probably, call it mid life crisis, but I actually like it. I see all your points, but I think I'll enjoy it none the less.

The following 2 users liked this post by themeatbaron:
FeralSVR (03-15-2016), Schwabe (03-16-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by themeatbaron
I'm attempting to get one, irrational, probably, call it mid life crisis, but I actually like it. I see all your points, but I think I'll enjoy it none the less.
As you should! We all like what we like, we want what we want. There are some things about the SVR I like (interior) and their are some I don't (i.e.: the bar still in the nose) otherwise its just another option that can put a few more Ftypes on the street for people to marvel. Bottom line is that would be a good thing overall.

FeralSVR (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Congrats and have fun with it; we all have opinions on what we'd like to see on various F type models but they are ALL very nice cars.

Cheers,
Dave

FeralSVR (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 08:07 PM

Thanks, just waiting as they can't order it as of yet, but production is supposed to start March sometime, so it should be soon for them to confirm what I want to order. Waiting game at the moment. I'm sure I'll notice a performance difference from my base V6. Exciting, but will be more exciting when I know everything is ordered and on the way.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Received 173 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks, just waiting as they can't order it as of yet, but production is supposed to start March sometime, so it should be soon for them to confirm what I want to order. Waiting game at the moment. I'm sure I'll notice a performance difference from my base V6. Exciting, but will be more exciting when I know everything is ordered and on the way.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've got to wait until April of next year to get mine...

Old 03-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts
Default SVR Exhaust Note in Tunnel

SVR exhaust through a tunnel in New York for the NY Autoshow!

Here's What the Jaguar F-Type SVR Sounds Like Blasting Through a Tunnel

Doesn't sound that much different than an R but the is background music that can be covering that.

Last edited by WhiteTardis; 03-23-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

sounds the same to me. You won't do that with the Capristo exhaust, I can assure you that ...

Old 03-24-2016, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member

I can't wait to take my V8S through the back to back Tuscarora and the Kittatinny tunnels on the PA Turnpike some evening. Wonder if I can get the PSP to shut it down for me some night.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
I can't wait to take my V8S through the back to back Tuscarora and the Kittatinny tunnels on the PA Turnpike some evening. Wonder if I can get the PSP to shut it down for me some night.
To dream the impossible dream!

Quick Reply: F-Type SVR Discussion Thread