F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Received 173 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks DJS! Duly noted and correction (to English) made...

Old 04-17-2016, 09:23 PM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Docmalone
there are NO discounts to be had on this model. I never believe that statement so if anyone has any discount information to share please do! I could always get 5% minimum off of a 911 order.
I was told same. I'm a believer that EVERYTHING is negotiable, but when trying to get in on the first SVR allocation for the year there's not a lot of leverage....

Old 04-17-2016, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by devlman
I was told same. I'm a believer that EVERYTHING is negotiable, but when trying to get in on the first SVR allocation for the year there's not a lot of leverage....
As with everything else, it all depends upon supply and demand. Only time will tell, but no way to know at this point.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just look at the Brochure, bummer looks like no change to the stereo system really would like the SVR but can't handle the blown speaker sound a 2nd time.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Default "Negotiating" the deal on an SVR (yes it can be done)

devlman you are 100% correct! EVERYTHING is negotiable. The key though is to work directly with the sales manager and "create" the leverage on your side.

The sales manager at my local JLR dealer initially gave me the usual "salesman BS" about the SVR being a "limited production" vehicle (which it is not). He also told me that they don't discount special ordered vehicles (dealer policy). I told him that I wanted at least a $5,000 discount and a free Jaguar car cover and that I was not going to pay full MSRP.

Here's what I did:

1. I refuted the "limited production" BS with a letter from JLR stating that the SVR is just another (non-limited) production car like the other F-Types.
2. Showed him on Edmunds that even the Project 7 (a truly limited 250 piece production vehicle) was discounted in my area.
3. I explained to the sales manager that "special orders" are in fact the most profitable for them because they are already "pre-sold" on delivery and there is no monthly inventory carrying charges involved - like the models that they have sitting on their lot.
4. I turned the table and let him know that this was a "great deal" for them as it was dropped in their lap via email (I never set foot in the dealership).
5. The sales manager artificially begrudgingly (you know the game) said that the best he could do was to offer me a $2,500 discount and a clear bra.
6. I politely said "no thanks" and if that was his final offer (no discount/no car cover), that I would run my request for a $5,000 discount and car cover past the other two JLR dealers in the area and if either of them accepted my offer they would get the sale and if not, I would come back to them for the sale.
7. It took the sales manager less than 2 minutes to email me a reply stating that they would accept my offer of a $5,000 discount and a Jaguar car cover.

It CAN be done! (by the way, this was all done via email)

Last edited by FeralSVR; 04-18-2016 at 10:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (04-19-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 10:52 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Well played.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:52 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

indeed. Well played. Nice Job!!

Old 04-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I will do my best to match your 5K discount. I have real doubts as I have traded early and through an internal miscommunication at the dealership I received full trade value on a car with a collision history (although I was upfront with full written email disclosure the used manager somehow missed the information).
So by him not doing his job I received about 15K more on trade than they (or any other dealer I shopped around to) wanted to offer. I have a feeling if I want the SVR I may have to pay sticker.
We shall see! Cannot wait for July. The Plano Texas dealership is getting an Ultra Blue British design edition the third week in May so at least I can see the color in the flesh before my July delivery.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:24 PM

Hi Doc,

From what I've read, you already traded in your vehicle and the dealer (through no fault of your own) didn't follow up on the collision history or properly communicate their findings. It also sounds like (in good faith) you documented the previous history of the vehicle and provided that information to the dealer - which as a result of their oversight ended up in a $15K windfall for you - CONGRATULATIONS! You are already $10K ahead of me!

You are probably right that the dealer now has the "leverage" to charge you full MSRP. But don't despair - celebrate the fact that net-net you ended up getting one hell of a great deal. A lot better then I got!

I'm looking forward to July and seeing some pics of your new SVR in Ultra Blue. Should be drop dead gorgeous! I'm tired of looking at the same Firesand coupe over and over that JLR is peddling around at the car shows.

I'm ordering mine for an April 2017 delivery for my birthday! So please share the love when you get yours...

Last edited by FeralSVR; 04-18-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Two things:

A) I am a nice guy. I played into the "it's highly desired and production levels aren't being met" thing. I still talked my way back into about $3000 off the F-Type, but it certainly is attitude.

B) I did also get the car cover added... so it looks like we're talking a consistent 3-5% plus a car cover for any and all negotiations. LOL

That car cover is absolutely amazing. It's light, water evaps immediately, and I can easily, not even fish story lying, get it on in 15-30 seconds. Sometimes it's a stretch to get it over the mirrors, but it's lovely and has the "JAGUAR" on the front of the bonnet so it's easy to figure which was it goes.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:27 PM

Thanks Uncle Fishbits!

I was wondering how good that Jaguar car cover would be. Sounds like it's pretty nice and actually protects the car.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by FeralSVR
devlman you are 100% correct! EVERYTHING is negotiable. The key though is to work directly with the sales manager and "create" the leverage on your side.

The sales manager at my local JLR dealer initially gave me the usual "salesman BS" about the SVR being a "limited production" vehicle (which it is not). He also told me that they don't discount special ordered vehicles (dealer policy). I told him that I wanted at least a $5,000 discount and a free Jaguar car cover and that I was not going to pay full MSRP.

Here's what I did:

1. I refuted the "limited production" BS with a letter from JLR stating that the SVR is just another (non-limited) production car like the other F-Types.
2. Showed him on Edmunds that even the Project 7 (a truly limited 250 piece production vehicle) was discounted in my area.
3. I explained to the sales manager that "special orders" are in fact the most profitable for them because they are already "pre-sold" on delivery and there is no monthly inventory carrying charges involved - like the models that they have sitting on their lot.
4. I turned the table and let him know that this was a "great deal" for them as it was dropped in their lap via email (I never set foot in the dealership).
5. The sales manager artificially begrudgingly (you know the game) said that the best he could do was to offer me a $2,500 discount and a clear bra.
6. I politely said "no thanks" and if that was his final offer (no discount/no car cover), that I would run my request for a $5,000 discount and car cover past the other two JLR dealers in the area and if either of them accepted my offer they would get the sale and if not, I would come back to them for the sale.
7. It took the sales manager less than 2 minutes to email me a reply stating that they would accept my offer of a $5,000 discount and a Jaguar car cover.

It CAN be done! (by the way, this was all done via email)

Yep, when you introduce some competition the pressure is on! Did you get a good delivery date on it though? My thing was trying to get it ASAP for this year, as Chicago has a pretty narrow summer driving window. A couple percent off the sale price is nice, but I'd pay that easily to not take delivery in the fall . If you got a first runner with that deal, my hat is off to you!

Old 04-23-2016, 09:14 AM

Hey Devlman,

I am working directly with the SVO folks for a delivery in April of 2017 - for two reasons. One is for the same reason that you mentioned. Living in Colorado, I don't want to take delivery in the fall or winter. And second, I wanted to pick it up on my birthday, hence the April 2017 timeframe.

When are you scheduled for delivery and were you able to take advantage of the JCNA $2,500 rebate? I'm using the $5,000 discount and the $2,500 rebate to pay for my full body Xpel and window tint.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:31 AM

Hey Devlman,

I am working directly with the SVO folks for a delivery in April of 2017 - for two reasons. One is for the same reason that you mentioned. Living in Colorado, I don't want to take delivery in the fall or winter. And second, I wanted to pick it up on my birthday, hence the April 2017 timeframe.

When are you scheduled for delivery and were you able to take advantage of the JCNA $2,500 rebate? I'm using the $5,000 discount and the $2,500 rebate to pay for my full body Xpel and window tint.

That'll be an excellent birthday present! Mine has a build date of May 6 and delivery date of late June but dealer said it might be here sooner, so I'm getting excited with April almost over. I didn't know about the rebate through JCNA, will look into it unless it's too late....

Last edited by devlman; 04-23-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

That'll be an excellent birthday present! Mine has a build date of May 6 and delivery date of late June but dealer said it might be here sooner, so I'm getting excited with April almost over. I didn't know about the rebate through JCNA, will look into it unless it's to late....
It is too late. You must be a member of JCNA for at least 6 months prior to delivery in order to qualify for their membership rebate.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
It is too late. You must be a member of JCNA for at least 6 months prior to delivery in order to qualify for their membership rebate.
Makes sense, thanks.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:58 AM

Foosh is correct, you need to be a member for at least 6 months before you can apply for the rebate. I haven't joined JCNA myself yet because I'm waiting for confirmation that the rebate will still be in effect when I take delivery in April 2017.

Since I didn't get the car on this year's birthday, since I'm planning to do a lot of roadtrips, I purchased a set of the 5 piece Jaguar luggage. It sells for as much as $550 - I was able to get a set for a big discounted price - so at least I have something to look forward to this year.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:04 AM

Foosh is correct, you need to be a member for at least 6 months before you can apply for the rebate. I haven't joined JCNA myself yet because I'm waiting for confirmation that the rebate will still be in effect when I take delivery in April 2017.

Since I didn't get the car on this year's birthday, since I'm planning to do a lot of roadtrips, I purchased a set of the 5 piece Jaguar luggage. It sells for as much as $550 - I was able to get a set for a big discounted price - so at least I have something to look forward to this year.

Nice, how much will fit in the trunk ?

Old 04-23-2016, 10:06 AM

From what I understand, all 5 pieces will fit in the coupe. Not sure about the vert though...

Old 04-23-2016, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Yep, when you introduce some competition the pressure is on! Did you get a good delivery date on it though? My thing was trying to get it ASAP for this year, as Chicago has a pretty narrow summer driving window. A couple percent off the sale price is nice, but I'd pay that easily to not take delivery in the fall . If you got a first runner with that deal, my hat is off to you!
I was speaking to a car guy on Twitter that had reviewed the F-type favorably, and noting that Jaguar was doing a good job. When I asked him about it, he said that the problem is that F-Type sales are abysmal, because you absolutely cannot come close to beating Porsche.

I know that is anecdotal, and for a company like Jaguar, I think they've done an absolutely unbelievable job of reinventing their brand. But if sales are slow, because Jaguar F-Type is still relatively new (is that the reason?), mentioning the fact will only help your case.

Again, I plead ignorance on actual sales. I couldn't get any info about MT sales from my dealer, so doubt I can get overall.

Quick Reply: F-Type SVR Discussion Thread