F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 06:48 AM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ultra Blue

Saw these pics online of what I assume is the Ultra Blue in an SVR spotting in Europe. Lots of the images I had been seeing lately of the car made the color look a little darker than I expected, but this is exactly what I was hoping for--more French Racing Blue-ish.

Attached Thumbnails F-Type SVR Discussion Thread-jaguar-f-type-svr-coupe-c603420042016173808_8.jpg   F-Type SVR Discussion Thread-jaguar-f-type-svr-coupe-c603420042016173808_4.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
tai4de2 (05-22-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by devlman
Saw these pics online of what I assume is the Ultra Blue in an SVR spotting in Europe. Lots of the images I had been seeing lately of the car made the color look a little darker than I expected, but this is exactly what I was hoping for--more French Racing Blue-ish.
That's the same car that parked next to us in the Dorint Hotel garage when we visited Nurburgring a short while back (see pics earlier in this thread).

It's a Jaguar test car, but I would think it's the right colour.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Arne
That's the same car that parked next to us in the Dorint Hotel garage when we visited Nurburgring a short while back (see pics earlier in this thread).

It's a Jaguar test car, but I would think it's the right colour.
Oh, cool. Yeah, it looks so dark out of the sunlight...Thanks for the feedback.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Oracle
The readout was from the display, I believe it could be 4mph out at that speed. The car was stable, however after 200mph it started to feel lighter yet still stable remember I have the V8s so I need to add a splitter and spoiler to the car to improve stability after 200mph.
Regarding speedo - the error is 8% so you would have been going 191mph in terms of real speed/gps speed.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 728 Likes on 501 Posts

I love that color!

Old 05-20-2016, 10:04 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
I love that color!
+2 I love that smurf blue =)... When I was buying my car they had an HK RS in the show room in that color and was gorgeous, but was already sold.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:47 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

According to the dealer today there is "talk" of some additional interior changes for the SVR (which IMO are badly needed) such as CF on the doors around the handles. I really hope so.
Wonder if they'll put the new company satnav in too when they do the refresh (headlights, etc)?
Would also be nice if they made the bit under the glovebox leather...

Old 05-21-2016, 08:28 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Dylan Bigg
According to the dealer today there is "talk" of some additional interior changes for the SVR (which IMO are badly needed) such as CF on the doors around the handles. I really hope so.
Wonder if they'll put the new company satnav in too when they do the refresh (headlights, etc)?
Would also be nice if they made the bit under the glovebox leather...
I would imagine they will make some significant upgrades when they do the refresh. Wide screen nav, possible HUD, maybe some nicer trim. I do share your perspective of the leather coverage making no sense. There is a lot of plastic lower down, whereas they have leather headliner. Quite frankly I'd much rather have "full leather" with an alcantara headliner, than "partial leather" with a leather headliner.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
I would imagine they will make some significant upgrades when they do the refresh. Wide screen nav, possible HUD, maybe some nicer trim. I do share your perspective of the leather coverage making no sense. There is a lot of plastic lower down, whereas they have leather headliner. Quite frankly I'd much rather have "full leather" with an alcantara headliner, than "partial leather" with a leather headliner.
Yeah, the interior finish is a big part of what has kept me out of the F until the SVR. The materials and tech really aren't up to snuff for the price point. Looks like the refresh might address that.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
I'd rather have the plastic down low where my shoes scuff the surface when I'm getting in and out of the car in a tight garage. Wipes right off of the hard plastic, but would damage the leather every time.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:26 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

THANK YOU for posting those. I have an SVR in that color on order, scheduled for delivery on 8 July, and have not been 100% sure about the color. But those photos reveal a STUNNING vehicle!

Old 05-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

tai4de2 I went and saw ultra blue in person yesterday on a newly arrived British design edition. It is jaw dropping gorgeous. Better than the pics. Everyone on the lot that day was asking about it. I also have an SVR arriving in July and it will be SO worth the wait.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:18 PM

Use CF My Audi has a big gloss piece low down on the driver's door - wipes right off!

Old 05-26-2016, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by tai4de2
THANK YOU for posting those. I have an SVR in that color on order, scheduled for delivery on 8 July, and have not been 100% sure about the color. But those photos reveal a STUNNING vehicle!
Did the dealer give you that date recently? Sounds like that might be the first run, as mine was supposed to be May 6 and now I'm hearing June 10 build, which would be about an early-mid July delivery I guess.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:21 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

As off yesterday, I have been told car finished being done built week ending July 1st, delivery August 19th.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:56 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Personally thought that the SVR comes with Carbon Ceramics ?

Wow... just checked and it doesn't... (in the uk)

Crikey

Old 05-27-2016, 10:19 AM

It's an option everywhere as far as I'm aware. Properly optioned they come to about 160K USD I think.

Last edited by Dylan Bigg; 05-27-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:51 AM

Did the dealer give you that date recently? Sounds like that might be the first run, as mine was supposed to be May 6 and now I'm hearing June 10 build, which would be about an early-mid July delivery I guess.
As of a few days ago, the status on my vehicle shows in Jaguar's systems as "Built" on 5/18/2016.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Docmalone
tai4de2 I went and saw ultra blue in person yesterday on a newly arrived British design edition. It is jaw dropping gorgeous. Better than the pics. Everyone on the lot that day was asking about it. I also have an SVR arriving in July and it will be SO worth the wait.
There is a British Racing Edition in that color at my dealer too now. I am going to look at it tomorrow.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

You guys are making me change my mind on the blue. I picked up dealer a order that was in blue but I asked them to call and have it changed to black even though the last change date was 5/25... I may just go with the blue. It just didn't look very good on an S in the showroom under indoor lighting.

Quick Reply: F-Type SVR Discussion Thread