F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Received 173 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Soon To Be SVR Owners

It sounds like there are quite a few of you who have already placed your orders and received delivery dates on new SVR's. I'm curious as to what colors and other options were chosen. I'm ordering mine in December for an April delivery...

Thanks,

Old 06-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tai4de2
As of a few days ago, the status on my vehicle shows in Jaguar's systems as "Built" on 5/18/2016.
Did you get this from the dealer? Just wondering if this means actually off the line and going to get the SVR treatment, or totally done? I was told mine was just finished with the "first phase...."

Old 06-08-2016, 05:23 AM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I just drove an SVR!!!

Well almost - I had the SVR tune installed into my V8S on Monday!

Thoughts are below:

- pops 'n crackles are still there - but less than the R tune and overall exhaust volume is lower which is a surprise. Perhaps it relies on the titanium exhaust to ultimately boost the grrrrowwlllll. But from where I'm sitting - it's more politically correct than the provocateur we're used to which is a shock
- low to mid range torque is noticeably up on the R - but above 5000rpm it seems to run out of puff and drops out of that 'rocket ship' feel
- almost feels like it's designed for the US market where punching out of low-medium speed corners is more important than outright speed
- it's not undriveable at all in a 2wd car and it makes me wonder why all SVR's are 4wd. Should be optional. It's smooth, progressive, immediate, subtly adjustable, and linear. Not hard to get used to at all
- from the seat of the pants it seems slightly surprising that Jag claims 3.5s 0-60mph as it doesn't feel as fast as that (V8S is even lighter than an SVR despite traction disadvantage)
- more pronounced difference between Normal vs Dynamic mode than with V8S or V8R tunes
- in various rev ranges literally charges forward but in others seems somehow almost restrained
- has more immediacy of response of my R tune + Racechip (the intercept box imputes a boost-related delay) but lacks its pace and outright *****

Overall - I'm considering its future in my car. After getting used to the outrageous grunt from the R tune + Racechip its hard to live with less power. If you'd never experienced that you'd be happy with the SVR tune if you were a V8R owner and over the moon as a V8S owner!

If you've already got an R it might be cheaper just to pony up maybe a grand for a Racechip - and V8S owners try and get the SVR tune installed or just flash the R tune and add a Racechip on top for the full-cream experience.

New SVR owners won't know any different and will fall in love as its a beautiful tune that's beautifully progressive and easy to get the best out of and plenty fast enough for all but the most hardened petrolhead.

Just my 2c worth.

Aus V8S

The following 3 users liked this post by Aus V8S:
Panthro (06-18-2016), schraderade (07-13-2016), Smoke Em (06-08-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Don't see how an R owner would even notice a SVR tune ... how much did the "racechip add? A proper tune can add over 100hp to these cars, doubt a piggy bag racechcip can do that.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
Don't see how an R owner would even notice a SVR tune ... how much did the "racechip add? A proper tune can add over 100hp to these cars, doubt a piggy bag racechcip can do that.
By the seat of the pants as much as the R tune did over the S.

I'll be doing a dyno with/without in a few weeks and will post that.

And I've never seen a 'tune' that added 100hp to this engine - unless you mean a tune and a pulley?

Aus V8S

Old 06-13-2016, 12:27 AM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by devlman
Did you get this from the dealer? Just wondering if this means actually off the line and going to get the SVR treatment, or totally done? I was told mine was just finished with the "first phase...."
I'm told my vehicle has now entered the "UK Distribution" status -- it's the status immediately after "built" and immediately before "on ship" in JLR's internal system.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:46 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok I have a VIN!! very excited. I also secured a 5% discount off the order (very long almost unbelievable story behind this..). I am so lucky this year I need to start buying lottery tickets.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Docmalone
Ok I have a VIN!! very excited. I also secured a 5% discount off the order (very long almost unbelievable story behind this..). I am so lucky this year I need to start buying lottery tickets.
Nicely done Doc. If you win the lottery I am eligible for adoption!

Old 06-14-2016, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Nicely done Doc. If you win the lottery I am eligible for adoption!
Nooo...me first! Congrats, Doc...it won't be long now (maybe mid-July).

Old 06-15-2016, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Nooo...me first! Congrats, Doc...it won't be long now (maybe mid-July).
VIN and engine number become available at the start of the 'built' phase, which lasts several weeks... And then once the vehicle is shipped it's 3-4 weeks on the boat (maybe a little shorter than that to the east coast vs. west) and then another few days or a week to your dealer. I went through this same thing recently with my Range Rover Sport SVR.

So you may still be 6 weeks out unfortunately... I hope I'm wrong somehow. Have you seen the internal order tracking? It will have a complete timeline, including expected delivery date to your dealer. Mine is 7/29, vehicle is currently in "UK Distribution" status as of a week or so ago.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My dealer tells me an arrival of 7/28.
For those of you who have been waiting impatiently for all the real first test drive reviews to show up, they have hit the internet in the last 24 hours and are good. Just a few little gripes but overall quite positive.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts
The following users liked this post:
FeralSVR (06-18-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 07:02 PM
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 06-15-2016, 07:57 PM

Looking this over I am starting to get worried about the infotainment system on the SVR convertible I ordered. When using the configurator on Jaguar USA, *every single other configuration* in both coupe and convertible, for all trim levels, specifically lists the Meridian 770W system as a standard feature. The SVR convertible -- and only the SVR convertible -- does not have any mention of that system.

There was no option to order any kind of upgraded system... Does that mean this particular variant will come with the base (380W) system? Does that system even have a sub?

Uh oh.

UPDATE: my dealer got back to me quickly and pointed out the line item on my actual build sheet which shows "Meridian Premium Audio". Guess I was overthinking this. The waiting is warping my mind :-).

Last edited by tai4de2; 06-15-2016 at 08:51 PM. Reason: New info from dealer
Old 06-15-2016, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

LOL . . . you might have been better off w/ the 380w system. There were a lot fewer people complaining about those.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jimbobble
That titanium exhaust really sounds nice. (even better that the V6 )

Old 06-16-2016, 04:22 AM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

i can't hear any difference tbh, maybe in person it'll be different

if they put the new 10" screen in the svr, that might convince me

i can understand the awd for the numbers, but i still think rwd suits the muscle car character of this car/engine best

Old 06-16-2016, 05:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

After reading the reviews posted, it's clear you SVR, soon-to-be Owners are getting a refined version of our cars and it sounds like the value is there for the xtra $ you're paying. Exciting to say the least. It's also apparent that Jaguar can and likely will continue to develop this car. I expect future iterations of the R and others could get some trickle down of the changes. Looking forward to your photos and impressions. Waiting is the hardest part......

Old 06-16-2016, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by domino_z
i can't hear any difference tbh, maybe in person it'll be different
It sounds deeper,less raspy and more resonant to me than the R.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
LOL . . . you might have been better off w/ the 380w system. There were a lot fewer people complaining about those.
I haven't really had any particular problems with the premium system in my V8S. However it's what I'd consider a minimum acceptable bar, and I would not be happy with any less power.

I wanted this car to be an upgrade in every single aspect. Looks like that will be the case, with the only thing even remotely an issue is the lack of a flat bottom steering wheel. And that's not much of an issue.

Quick Reply: F-Type SVR Discussion Thread