F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New here and wanted to say hello since I've been lurking on here for a while... definitely plan on getting a F-type and initially it was going to be an R. Then then with the release of the SVR I'm really sold on it minus just a couple things.

It's horrible that you can not get the flat steering wheel... is there any reason for this? Makes zero sense to me. Can one purchases the flat steering wheel then replace the round on the SVR? I assume that it should just swap over since that really hasn't changed as far as buttons/functions on the steering wheel, no?

Is there any way to get the seats/interior trim without the silly blue piping? It looks OK, but I can't stand blue and having that inside alone makes me not like it.

I really like how the front end looks a little more aggressive with the SVR, but the R honestly seems more configurable in terms of color for interior and steering wheel.

It makes me want to wait to see if some options from the SVR will eventually trickle down to the lower models such as the rear spoiler and an updated more aggressive front end/diffuser...etc.

I still don't understand Jaguar's packages and options as it seems silly that you can get the better seats in a two tone leather or this or that. Seems like they are missing the ball there compared to other manufactures that enable you to pick and choose options and combos at will... Sorry but for $120k+ car I expect to be able to pick certain things out, that's not chump change to me at all.

-Nigel

Old 09-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
It's horrible that you can not get the flat steering wheel... is there any reason for this? Makes zero sense to me.
On a GT (racecar definition) car, the steering wheel turning ratio is too great to make anything but a perfectly round steering wheel practical. Though I really like my flat bottomed wheel, I find it very bothersome when trying to navigate through a tight slalom. Given the more performance oriented focus of the SVR, the designers probably shied away from the gimmickry of a non-round wheel. Non-circular wheels are best left to those applications where the steering mechanism is less than .5 turns lock-to-lock (e.g. formula cars).

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (09-04-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Picked up my SVR last Saturday, loving the car

The following 3 users liked this post by themeatbaron:
Adz3000 (10-12-2016), Burt Gummer (09-09-2016), MaximA (09-06-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts

Starting to love that color!

Old 09-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

is this blue a metallic paint? I like it as well. Not sure if I would trade my italian racing red for it, however.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

It's metallic but not overpowering metallic, I like it more and more. The Italian Racing red is gorgeous and would look great on this car.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
Burt Gummer (09-10-2016), MaximA (09-11-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

That Blue is amazing. I love 'toy' colors like that + Salsa, etc.

I believe that blue if it was Ford would be Lighting Blue with just a touch of Grabber.

That blue and the silver F-types seem to absorb the lines of the side Sils much better than most colors. The rear spoiler - I know a lot of people dislike it, but it is SO much better than the ugly s/r spoiler (which should always be disabled IMO).

Here is a like-new SVR that could probably be had for $115k - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-F-Typ...m=351832614166

I am not affiliated with the seller in any way. Just a rare Ebay listing.

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 09-09-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member

I usually hate bright, look at me colors, but the blue is gorgeous. It just fits the car and the lines of the car. I wanted to change the order, to black as my XKR but missed the cutoff by one day. Personally I'm very glad that I did.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximA
I usually hate bright, look at me colors, but the blue is gorgeous. It just fits the car and the lines of the car. I wanted to change the order, to black as my XKR but missed the cutoff by one day. Personally I'm very glad that I did.
I think the more understated design helps keep it from being an annoying look-at-me kind of presentation in the blue (compared to, say, this new Corvette I saw the other day in yellow and black that just looks garish and cheap in an attempt to garner attention. But, hey, it's a Corvette and that's what they're about). Plus this year there are a ton of cars being made in somewhat similar (but not quite as cool) colors, so it's not quite as much of a stand-out. I've found I've been able to blend in pretty well on the road, and it's more when the car is parked or stopped at a light that you get people doing longer stares. In my area, there are virtually no F-Types on the road at all, and 80% of the people I've talked to have to ask me what it is. I've gotten everything from "is that a Ferrari?" to "what is that, a Camaro?" (Grrrr...). Almost nobody guesses Jaguar unless they are car buffs.

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy

Is there any way to get the seats/interior trim without the silly blue piping? It looks OK, but I can't stand blue and having that inside alone makes me not like it.

-Nigel

Options are blue red and white on the SVR. I got white for mine because I thought the blue was a little much, too, but it's so minimal that I think they all look good.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:14 AM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

UK based question here, has anyone bought or ordered an SVR at less than list? i'm looking to change my V8s I can get a pre registered R less than 6 months old for 80k but the dealers i've spoken to are barely giving anything off a new SVR despite having sold none or 1-2 max, I read US customers getting a decent discount but not heard anyone this side of the pond, I guess its still very new but just wondered if anyone had managed to twist an arm of a dealer anywhere, i could just about make it work but the R deals are very tempting

Old 09-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2016, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Have any of you guys driven around in VMax mode? The suspension feels amazing, and the dampers are have much tighter rebound.

I got the rear out and nicely balanced in this mode, and didn't feel any torque vectoring where I normally would have.

I can't find any data if it turns off any of the DSC components. I wasn't trying for 200 just wanted to feel the effects on the suspension and steering.

Old 09-28-2016, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MaximA
Have any of you guys driven around in VMax mode? The suspension feels amazing, and the dampers are have much tighter rebound.

I got the rear out and nicely balanced in this mode, and didn't feel any torque vectoring where I normally would have.

I can't find any data if it turns off any of the DSC components. I wasn't trying for 200 just wanted to feel the effects on the suspension and steering.
Please explain VMax mode for the rest of us mere mortals with standard F-Types.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

The vMax mode is in initiated by being in Dynamic and holding down the button for rear spoiler for 3 seconds. It's the mode you have to be in to hit 200MPH, as it does not raise the rear wing and obviously does other things that I can't find data on.

I can tell rebound is slower, the steering a bit heavier and I don't notice the torque vectoring as the rear steps out than in Dynamic. I don't care about hitting 200 but the car felt good from a handling perspective, but the tranny is extremely aggressive.

Personally I just like the extra rebound stiffness, and was was hoping there was a way to keep the stiffness without the additional changes.

Just wondering if anyone had anymore information on it
Thanks -Max

Here's aquote out of a Jaguar dpf

Reaching 200mph in the F-TYPE SVR Coupé (195mph in the
Convertible) is a special experience, in which you engage V-MAX
mode using a sequence of button presses while under 60mph.
“V-MAX puts every system on the car – engine, aerodynamics
and suspension – to its maximum performance setting,” says Mark
Stanton, Director of Special Vehicle Operations. “We wanted drivers
to consciously prepare the car – and themselves – for a 200mph
experience, ensuring that the car is set up to achieve this speed and,
from a safety perspective, the driver is conscious of their actions.”

http://jaguartoronto.com/images/deal..._SVR_V-Max.pdf

The following 2 users liked this post by MaximA:
Inspector-G (09-28-2016), Unhingd (09-28-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member

At this weekend's Cars and Coffee, I met the guy who bought the Grey / red interior SVR from our Marin dealer. I saw it when it came in, and new there was a very happy person around. He had it at the event, and chatted with him a bit. Seemed like a very nice guy. I hadn't seen the exhaust tips, so I thought I would plaster my C&C pics here.... most of the SVR shots are half way through:
https://goo.gl/photos/em1EdUjdJ6eXvsgy6

Actually... google photos is so easy to work with...

The above link is a bunch of cars at C&C.

The below link is just the SVR. Pardon if they aren't expert shots:
https://goo.gl/photos/9a3zMRTprWHjzjY9A

Old 10-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member
The following 4 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
Adz3000 (10-12-2016), Arne (10-05-2016), enderle (10-05-2016), MaximA (10-04-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe someone with a svr can chime in on this one

on the picture in the configurator i noticed there is a extra button on the steering wheel which is a bit to blurry to make out properly, either way this is not on my current R and only seems to change if its the svr spec?

Almost looks like a speech/voice activation symbol?

Confused!

Old 10-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member

Its the 007 cluster: combined passenger ejection, smoke screen and oil slick spreader.

Quick Reply: F-Type SVR Discussion Thread