F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Received 173 Likes on 79 Posts

You obviously have exquisite taste in automobiles...

Old 03-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcar2Jag
I started a thread about which trim level to buy, but I recently found a SVR that I'm in love with. I think I'm now leaning towards the SVR. It's a 2018 and has low miles. First mod is the tune! Just kidding. I actually want to enjoy the car as is and get used to it before I do anything serious. I love the SVR's looks and wouldn't really change anything about it.
I just decided to purchase a 2018 SVR myself. There aren't many out there. What color combo are you thinking of purchasing? I likely came across it in my search 👍

Old 03-08-2020, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by FeralSVR
BTW Welcome to the Forum! You will find us to be helpful and knowledgeable with a great deal of good natured humor. If there is anything that you are curious about feel free to ask...
Thank you! I've never actually purchased a used vehicle, nor have I ever owned a Jag, so I feel I'm taking a bit of a risk. I am trading a really nice Audi, and have my fingers crossed that there won't be any issues with the SVR. Any advice for me? Anything that I should be on the lookout for?

Old 03-08-2020, 06:51 PM
Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by camstang6907
I just decided to purchase a 2018 SVR myself. There aren't many out there. What color combo are you thinking of purchasing? I likely came across it in my search 👍
I am very attracted to the UBM and the IRR. The blue is so appealing to me. I used the USAA used car search and found it. It's not listed anywhere else. Has blue stitching and accents as well as alcantara dash and CF center console. And I stand corrected, it's a 2017.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:58 PM

I am very attracted to the UBM and the IRR. The blue is so appealing to me. I used the USAA used car search and found it. It's not listed anywhere else. Has blue stitching and accents as well as alcantara dash and CF center console. And I stand corrected, it's a 2017.
Ultra Blue Metallic, right? That's the same color I'm getting. It's phenomenal! What does IRR mean? (Sorry; I'm a newb!)

Old 03-08-2020, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by camstang6907
Ultra Blue Metallic, right? That's the same color I'm getting. It's phenomenal! What does IRR mean? (Sorry; I'm a newb!)
Yes, Ultra Blue. <3

IRR is Italian Racing Red. There's an R Coupe in that color. I'm tempted.

The following users liked this post:
camstang6907 (03-08-2020)
Old 03-09-2020, 10:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, Ultra Blue. <3

IRR is Italian Racing Red. There's an R Coupe in that color. I'm tempted.
I hope you’re not talking about the Ultra Blue with carbon ceramic brakes that I just purchased in MA

Old 03-09-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by LoudInSeattle
I hope you’re not talking about the Ultra Blue with carbon ceramic brakes that I just purchased in MA
Congratulations! I believe you're talking about the one at Kia. I came across it when I was searching for mine.

Old 03-10-2020, 02:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I am selling my 2017 SVR (for sale in the marketplace section of this forum). I am consolidating some toys.

Old 03-10-2020, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by jackals
I am selling my 2017 SVR (for sale in the marketplace section of this forum). I am consolidating some toys.
Your car is beautiful! I actually came across it on eBay when I was searching for one. I live outside of Philadelphia, so it would have been nice to go local. I wanted a coupe though. Best of luck to you with your sale!

jackals (03-10-2020)
Old 03-10-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by LoudInSeattle
That's not the one.

The UB I'm looking at is still for sale in Georgia.

Old 03-24-2020, 12:08 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

That's not the one.

The UB I'm looking at is still for sale in Georgia.
Did you get it or still thinking about it? I would not mind eyeballing it for you if it is one of the ones here in ATL, just to give you a in person perspective.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Black15FTR
Did you get it or still thinking about it? I would not mind eyeballing it for you if it is one of the ones here in ATL, just to give you a in person perspective.
Unfortunately, they sold it quickly. It's no longer available. I really loved how that car looked inside and out. My other UB was outside of Philly. Because of their less than stellar customer service and attitude, they didn't get lucky with me. They even raised the price by $4k during this economic crisis! I'm sure some sucker bought it, though.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:55 PM

Unfortunately, they sold it quickly. It's no longer available. I really loved how that car looked inside and out. My other UB was outside of Philly. Because of their less than stellar customer service and attitude, they didn't get lucky with me. They even raised the price by $4k during this economic crisis! I'm sure some sucker bought it, though.
I bet that's the R at Sky in West Chester. I live nearby, and went to see it in person. It's definitely pristine, and has PPF on the front bumper and doors, which is nice.

I was looking into that one myself. Had hoped to buy local, but they pulled the same with me. I told them it was between two cars and I wanted to make a decision soon so I needed to know their best price. They didn't answer my question, and instead provided me with finance rates!

They seem to toy with their prices all day long, but will "honor their lowest advertised price." I don't play those games, so I ended up getting a 2018 SVR in UB for less than where they had the R at one point! They won't be selling the car for a while now. Our state is shut down, so although they may be taking calls, no one can go on the premises. All deals will have to be wrapped up when this is all over!

If you're still interested, the lowest I saw it was at $69,980.
​​​​

Old 03-24-2020, 08:17 PM

Haha! Yep, that's the one! So they lowered it again! That's idiotic. The up and down games they play are tiring. They also wouldn't actually talk to me about anything except their price. Everything is somehow negotiable, but they didn't want to budge. So off I went looking for something else, because I believe in options. I'm definitely not interested in anything they have to sell.

I'm happy you found a better car than theirs.

camstang6907 (03-24-2020)
Old 04-10-2020, 10:07 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello All,

I have an issue with the leather on the seats of a new 2020 F-Type R I am considering leasing. It seems that the leather is peeling out from under the metal trim piece in the middle of the seats, do you think this is reason enough for dropping the sale, or should I ask for a discount per the damage? Any advice about what this means long term (i.e. if you can say that this will be indicative of more things likely going wrong in the future) would be very helpful!

Old 04-10-2020, 10:28 AM
Received 173 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to the Forum! I think you'll find us to be a knowledgeable friendly lot.

Make complete repair of the seat leather a condition of lease...

Old 04-10-2020, 10:31 AM

I was planning on not purchasing the vehicle until after it has been repaired to factory spec and I can inspect the repair to make sure it is satisfactory. I should note they tried to sell me the car without mentioning the seat issue at all.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FeralSVR
Welcome to the Forum! I think you'll find us to be a knowledgeable friendly lot.

Make complete repair of the seat leather a condition of lease...

Yup, for a lease you should make sure nothing is wrong that they will gig you on in the future..
That is not a big deal, an upholstery shop could fix easy, but seeing at a dealer they should fix it for the sale.

Good luck on the car, you will love it once you get it.

Old 04-10-2020, 03:22 PM

Hey All, I just had another question. It turns out this SVR is famous! it was a press car and appeared in many articles. Heres the forbes article written about it:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshmax.../#1610267e1755

Does anyone have any stories about press cars, e.g. that they are driven extra hard and are likely to break down? Should I stay away from this car? The more I learn about it the more I'm thinking this lease could end poorly for me.

Any advice anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: F-Type SVR Discussion Thread