Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 07:37 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default F-Type SVR Modifications

Hey All,

There are quite a few threads on mods for V8's on the forum but none that I can see that speaks to SVR's?

Has anyone here had any success (or not) modding an SVR?

Specifically I am looking to do the following:
VAP Crank pulley
VAP tune
Cold Air intake
Water & Methanol injection
20mm suspension drop
Spacers / offset aftermarket wheels

Anyone with experience? @Stuart@VelocityAP , have you guys done any?
The big worry is that there are loads of mods listed for V8 F-Types or R's but nothing lists SVR compatibility.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:18 AM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Biofreak
Hey All,

There are quite a few threads on mods for V8's on the forum but none that I can see that speaks to SVR's?

Has anyone here had any success (or not) modding an SVR?

Specifically I am looking to do the following:
VAP Crank pulley
VAP tune
Cold Air intake
Water & Methanol injection
20mm suspension drop
Spacers / offset aftermarket wheels

Anyone with experience? @Stuart@VelocityAP , have you guys done any?
The big worry is that there are loads of mods listed for V8 F-Types or R's but nothing lists SVR compatibility.
Our Crank Pulley, ECU Tuning, and Lowering Springs are all compatible with the SVR. Springs are the same as the AWD R. From our point of view the tuning & pulley is essentially the same regardless of whether it's a 510BHP Range Rover Sport, XJ, SVR etc. 5.0 Supercharged platform is the same. The SVR engine is the same as the regular 'R' just with software turned up a little more.

All the items you listed there (subject to exact wheel & tire fitment) will fit the SVR, if they are for an F-Type R.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
Biofreak (12-23-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Our Crank Pulley, ECU Tuning, and Lowering Springs are all compatible with the SVR. Springs are the same as the AWD R. From our point of view the tuning & pulley is essentially the same regardless of whether it's a 510BHP Range Rover Sport, XJ, SVR etc. 5.0 Supercharged platform is the same. The SVR engine is the same as the regular 'R' just with software turned up a little more.

All the items you listed there (subject to exact wheel & tire fitment) will fit the SVR, if they are for an F-Type R.
Thanks Stuart!

In terms of water and meth injection - Have you guys seen any cars running with this? Considering the reliance on octane, this might give the car more consistent power in the real world?

Old 12-24-2019, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 368 Likes on 250 Posts

Thanks Stuart!

In terms of water and meth injection - Have you guys seen any cars running with this? Considering the reliance on octane, this might give the car more consistent power in the real world?
Search for Terrance39. He has a three nozzle setup on his R. In one thread he gives details/photos. In the same or separate thread he gives performance results too.

Last edited by RGPV6S; 12-24-2019 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:21 AM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Thanks Stuart!

Yes, we have done many tunes for cars with Meth. I have yet to see any data I would take to the bank, regarding power gains. I'm not disparaging Meth, just saying that we haven't seen any really good before & after stuff.

That said, we know heat soak is an issue on these engines & cooling charge temps is going to help keep that down.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 12-25-2019, 08:24 AM
Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts

The blower produces alot of heat. I've seen my intake temps in the high 200s after back to back pulls. You can feel the car lose power and fall on its face. After water/meth, I can do as many pulls as I want and my temp never goes above 130, and drops back down after the pull. And now the car just pulls consistently and strong with no power falling off. I am also dual pulley.

Last edited by Terrance39; 12-25-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:27 AM
Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Yes, we have done many tunes for cars with Meth. I have yet to see any data I would take to the bank, regarding power gains. I'm not disparaging Meth, just saying that we haven't seen any really good before & after stuff.

That said, we know heat soak is an issue on these engines & cooling charge temps is going to help keep that down.

Stuart, how much larger is your crank pulley to eurotoys? I was thinking of making the switch if it offered a little more power.

Old 12-25-2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Terrance39
The blower produces alot of heat. I've seen my intake temps in the high 200s after back to back pulls. You can feel the car lose power and fall on its face. After water/meth, I can do as many pulls as I want and my temp never goes above 130, and drops back down after the pull. And now the car just pulls consistently and strong with no power falling off. I am also dual pulley.
Awesome, just the feedback I am looking for. Your nozzle is plumbed in pre-charger correct?