Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Production numbers and more

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2024 | 02:25 PM

Thank you!

Old 09-26-2024 | 10:37 PM
Default Well, I did it!

Hey everyone,

After six years of longing for an F-Type, spending countless hours watching videos, lurking on forums like this one, and drooling over the rare moments I’d spot one on the road, the stars have finally aligned for me. I’ve just purchased a 2017 F-Type SVR!

I haven’t received it yet—it’s currently being shipped, and I’m expecting it within the next couple of days. I can’t wait to finally get my hands on it.

I was wondering if you have my SVR in the registry? I did a search but couldn’t find the VIN listed on here, it is SAJWJ6J85HMK44683. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the great work you’re doing on this forum—it’s truly awesome, and I’m excited to be a part of it!

The following users liked this post:
bcbruno (09-29-2024)
Old 09-26-2024 | 10:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Wildething70

Step 1: Remove the SVR badge that the previous owner put on the fender for some unknown reason.

Golfnutjtl (09-27-2024)
Old 09-26-2024 | 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Step 1: Remove the SVR badge that the previous owner put on the fender for some unknown reason.
Yes, not sure why you would do that.

Old 09-27-2024 | 04:05 AM

Congratulations!! Beautiful car.... if you are looking for any unsolicited suggestions of improvement, might I suggest you ditch those skanky P-Zeros and install a set a Michelin PS4S tires to truly unlock the potential of this beast. It will absolutely transform the ride and was the single most noticeable update I made on my FTR. There may be a few other bransds of tires to consider, too. Enjoy

The SVR badges located on the front fender did not come from the factory, thus the suggestion from EEEEK to remove them

Last edited by Dillweed; 09-27-2024 at 04:08 AM.
Golfnutjtl (09-27-2024)
Old 09-27-2024 | 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dillweed
Congratulations!! Beautiful car.... if you are looking for any unsolicited suggestions of improvement, might I suggest you ditch those skanky P-Zeros and install a set a Michelin PS4S tires to truly unlock the potential of this beast. It will absolutely transform the ride and was the single most noticeable update I made on my FTR. There may be a few other bransds of tires to consider, too. Enjoy

The SVR badges located on the front fender did not come from the factory, thus the suggestion from EEEEK to remove them
In your mind they really make that much of a difference, eh?

Have heard this a lot on here, but then some others have said they didn’t think the stock tires were that problematic. I don’t see a problem, but perhaps it’s because I haven’t been able to drive all that hard due to the break-in period. Not sure. Not to mention, I don’t have much to compare them too.

When you say transform the ride, what exactly do you mean? Less harsh? Less road noise? More grip?

I find the car quite comfortable when the suspension is in comfort mode, but in the stiffer setting things are definitely harsher by a large margin. Car definitely handles way better, which makes complete sense, but you pay a comfort penalty no doubt.

So are you saying the ride is decent even in the stiffer suspension setting with the Michelins?

Old 09-27-2024 | 11:49 PM

Thank you, very excited to actually get it in my possession.

In my case the P-zeros are brand new, just replaced by the dealer so that is what I will be using for the short term. When it comes time to replace them, I may try the Michelins. Since this is my first time in the F-type, I will be easing into the potential. So it may take a set of tires before I really feel comfortable unleashing what’s there.

‘Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 09-28-2024 | 05:34 AM
|
Wildething70 (09-28-2024)
Old 09-28-2024 | 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=DMeister;2789193When you say transform the ride, what exactly do you mean? Less harsh? Less road noise? More grip?

So are you saying the ride is decent even in the stiffer suspension setting with the Michelins?[/QUOTE]

I am saying all of the above. My immediate observation was that smaller bumps in the road were gone after my switch to Michelins -- the ride was much smoother and, well "plush" comes to mind. At the same time, I had a LOT more grip. I also noticed the shape of the sidewall was a bit different on the Michelins and seemed to fill the wheelwell up more - a welcome bonus as the P-Zeros left more unsightly space in the wheelwell that had me considering lowering the car a bit to overcome - a task I wasn't thrilled about doing. The comparison was significant - a search on this forum will disclose many disussions about this issue. Enjoy the new SVR!

Old 09-28-2024 | 10:56 AM

I am saying all of the above. My immediate observation was that smaller bumps in the road were gone after my switch to Michelins -- the ride was much smoother and, well "plush" comes to mind. At the same time, I had a LOT more grip. I also noticed the shape of the sidewall was a bit different on the Michelins and seemed to fill the wheelwell up more - a welcome bonus as the P-Zeros left more unsightly space in the wheelwell that had me considering lowering the car a bit to overcome - a task I wasn't thrilled about doing. The comparison was significant - a search on this forum will disclose many disussions about this issue. Enjoy the new SVR!
Thanks for clarifying man...Good to know...When I'm in the stiffer suspension mode I'm super impressed with how good the handling is despite things being a bit on the harsher side. Would you say the Michelins deliver same or better handling in the stiffer suspension mode compared to the p zeros while delivering that lower harshness? As long as they do, and they don't bring handling compromises, I think they sound like the way to go for sure then. I'd put up with a bit of harshness and keep the P zeros if not, because after all, the ride is absolutely fine in comfort mode with the p zeros when I want comfort.

Old 09-28-2024 | 12:12 PM

IMO, I'd say that the Michelin PS4S tires offered MUCH better handling when using Dynamic mode (stiffer suspension). The car not only felt more stable with a smoother ride, but the steering was sharper - with much better traction.

Old 09-28-2024 | 04:34 PM

IMO, I'd say that the Michelin PS4S tires offered MUCH better handling when using Dynamic mode (stiffer suspension). The car not only felt more stable with a smoother ride, but the steering was sharper - with much better traction.
A buddy of mine swears by the Continentals he puts on his Vantage. Probably will be down to the Michelins or those.

Old 10-17-2024 | 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ftyperegistry
Definitely a cool color. And yes I have this one. SAJDA5AE1KCK61081.
Thanks for the link.
Do you have any more details or history of this car in your database or related searches?
thanks!

Old 10-18-2024 | 09:29 AM
|

First record I have of it was that it was listed for sale at Matford Jaguar back in 2020.
There are only 5 Madagascar Orange SVRs in the UK. 3 coupes 2 convertibles

Old 10-18-2024 | 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks - appreciate it!