F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type Track Event (Northeast)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Received 253 Likes on 171 Posts
Default F-Type Track Event (Northeast)

Our club was already planning a track event for the end of September 2018 at either Monticello or Limerock for those with experience (insurance requirement). The event is limited to tuned cars ONLY and will be divided in 4 classes, V6 RWD, V6AWD, V8 RWD and V8AWD - all classes are unlimited modified. Entry fee will be $350.00 and track insurance is strongly encouraged.

Tuned cars ONLY is because there are several track prepared cars and stock cars will certainly NOT be competitive.

So far 13 cars are in, equally distributed between V6 and V8. Each session is 30 laps (around 30 minutes at Limerock).

If interested reply below.

- Snell 2015 helmet required!!!!
- Proof of on-track training required (if you don't have one yet, but are local and would like to participate, please let me know and I can see if there is any open spot at any of the schools I teach at)

Trophies will be awarded

To receive an email invite you may also send me a PM
-

Old 08-02-2018, 08:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by FType17
Tuned cars ONLY is because there are several track prepared cars and stock cars will certainly NOT be competitive.
This is such nonsense that it borderlines on offensive. First, tuned car doesn't mean it is track prepared. Second, competitiveness is mostly about driver's skill. There are people out there that will beat your best lap time driving Miata.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
This is such nonsense that it borderlines on offensive. First, tuned car doesn't mean it is track prepared. Second, competitiveness is mostly about driver's skill. There are people out there that will beat your best lap time driving Miata.
Why not let everyone decide that for themselves? If you are offended that you can’t attend, I am certain a pm to him could resolve the matter.

We’ve had a lot of confrontational threads on here lately. Please, let’s turn down the heat.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:44 AM

As unhinged suggested, and very rightfully so, everyone can decide. There is no point showing up with a stock car as we only have 4 classes and many of the cars are track prepped. The goal is to have fun. Getting lapped isn't fun and the last time this happened people that ended near the end were rather upset and disappointed. Likewise, since the speeds are high unlike an autocross event, hoping to reduce the chances of an accident, it is best to be an experienced track driver.

Where's the faster Miata, please bring it on. If it beats my best lap time I will cover the fee myself

Old 08-02-2018, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

As unhinged suggested, and very rightfully so, everyone can decide. There is no point showing up with a stock car as we only have 4 classes and many of the cars are track prepped. The goal is to have fun.

So you are or arent letting stock cars in? I’m sure there are plenty of people who can have fun without being competitive, since that is the point. You’ve made it quite clear they won’t win, so they shouldn’t be disappointed or upset.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Stohlen

So you are or arent letting stock cars in? I’m sure there are plenty of people who can have fun without being competitive, since that is the point. You’ve made it quite clear they won’t win, so they shouldn’t be disappointed or upset.

Personally I am fine with that as long as they have track instruction and know when to get out of the way, besides it helps offset the costs even more. There are 5 people voting on decisions and that's how it went down.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:11 AM

Date has been set. September 8th, 2018, two more tracks put in a bid so we are going to pick one today or tomorrow. All tracks are in the NY/CT/MA area

Old 08-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
I saw that comment and immediately thought the same thing. Why let in the V6s at all then, they “certainly won’t be competitive” against SVRs. And then why let in SVRs on street tires, they won’t be competive against R Comps. And giving out trophies? Wow. This type of event is where accidents occur. Less HPDE and more stupidity.

Last edited by IlMostro796; 08-03-2018 at 11:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SinF (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

"Competitive" and "Track Day" used together is a bit of a red flag for me, but I'm hoping your event goes well. Organization is key, as is a willingness to send someone home for being stupid. I'm interested to see what track you end up with, even though the chance of my attending is exactly zero.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by lizzardo
"Competitive" and "Track Day" used together is a bit of a red flag for me, but I'm hoping your event goes well. Organization is key, as is a willingness to send someone home for being stupid. I'm interested to see what track you end up with, even though the chance of my attending is exactly zero.
Lizzardo, you pointed out the single biggest issue. We have zero issue kicking out unsafe drivers from a Rally and the track is even more of a concern with high speed and more confined spaces. Nobody wants to buy those extremely overpriced Jaguar F-Type body panels or worse.

Thank you for understanding.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Lizzardo, you pointed out the single biggest issue. We have zero issue kicking out unsafe drivers from a Rally and the track is even more of a concern with high speed and more confined spaces. Nobody wants to buy those extremely overpriced Jaguar F-Type body panels or worse.

Thank you for understanding.
I understand. I think it's ill-considered to offer trophies at a track day, but that's your choice for your event. I haven't seen how you run an event, but I've been spoiled by years of motorcycle racing with a group that runs a particularly tight ship. On the bikes, bodywork is a minor concern, and I've seen people that'd put you into the dirt for 30th place. They don't last. They crash themselves out or get fined until they wise up. This doesn't always happen soon enough.

Good luck with the event, and I hope it's an unqualified success.