F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type Underglow

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 03:32 AM
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

On my G35 I had in college I installed blue footwell lighting as well. I eventually swapped it out for white as I got tired of the retina searing blue.

No disrespect at all. I personally believe one should mod their own car in whatever way brings them satisfaction.

Old 02-02-2023, 05:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed it on mine as well, it looks pretty stellar with the right shade. Glad you got yours to work. Installing on the rear was a right PITA, since it was tough to figure out placement between the bumper and exhaust, but I fabbed a couple brackets and it looks perfect.

Old 02-03-2023, 02:29 PM
Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Bslack
Anybody here have experience putting underglow or any LED lights on their F-Type? I want to connect them to the battery because the pack I bought has a box that shuts off the power to the LEDs when the car is turned off.
Only problem here is that the F-Type battery has additions made specifically for jumper cables, areas made for clamps. The lights I got have circular attachments.. so I'm not sure what to do here without screwing them on or doing a makeshift and likely unreliable job with electrical tape.
Any suggestions?
On the driver side foot well wall there's a bunch of wires going to a panel. in that panel there's a terminal (looks like a male spade connector) sticking out. i placed a female spade connector on my power wire and stuck it right on with ease. be sure to test the prong with a meter to be sure. This source goes off about 30 secs after the car is off (and i think when doors are closed).