F-Type Wheels 2016

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 11:52 PM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

FullChat, check out HRE P107, RS205M, RS207M, S107, RS105, or 305M

Old 06-28-2017, 04:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

I think the 5 spoke that thin are probably not structurally viable. Maybe some manufacturer has them.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:07 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpowerr
IronMike, can you elaborate on the black lugs please. I've been searching for 12X1.5 mag seat black lug nuts with a 19mm head for a while now and haven't found any, they all seem to have a 21mm head. Even thought about ordering a custom titanium set.

Certainly. Gorilla Automotive makes a lug nut specifically designed for Jaguar Wheels (wheels which are quite unique as far as corresponding lug nuts go), and their Lug Nut matches the Jaguar specification, exactly as you defined, PERFECTLY!

This particular lug nut has been available in CHROME for quite some time, sets can be purchased from Amazon, Summit Racing, America's Tire, and elsewhere... however, the same item in BLACK has been non-existent until just last week.

I have been working closely with the National Sales Manager for Gorilla, who had placed an order for this item in BLACK from their supplier several months ago. He directed me to place a Back Order with Americas Tire to get an order in the cue, because the initial shipment would be small and disappear quickly. After several delays in shipping, the Sales Manager communicated to me last Monday that the BLACK version has arrived and was now in stock as of last Monday.

I am now waiting for the local America's Tire store to receive the product.

Gorilla Automotive Products

The following 3 users liked this post by IronMike:
Greggbhill (07-04-2017), Mbourne (06-29-2017), Mpowerr (07-05-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Appreciate the input on wheels, guys, but still haven't seen what I want. I may have to go to a 10 spoker, but would really just prefer five narrow highly polished spokes...

Old 06-29-2017, 05:33 AM
Veteran Member

I saw one 5 spoke narrow one by Asanti, would need to find it. Likely forged and expensive.

https://wheelwarehouse.com/pages/ico...%20Black%20Lip

Last edited by jaguny; 06-29-2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:36 AM
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2017, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by IronMike
Certainly. Gorilla Automotive makes a lug nut specifically designed for Jaguar Wheels (wheels which are quite unique as far as corresponding lug nuts go), and their Lug Nut matches the Jaguar specification, exactly as you defined, PERFECTLY!

This particular lug nut has been available in CHROME for quite some time, sets can be purchased from Amazon, Summit Racing, America's Tire, and elsewhere... however, the same item in BLACK has been non-existent until just last week.

I have been working closely with the National Sales Manager for Gorilla, who had placed an order for this item in BLACK from their supplier several months ago. He directed me to place a Back Order with Americas Tire to get an order in the cue, because the initial shipment would be small and disappear quickly. After several delays in shipping, the Sales Manager communicated to me last Monday that the BLACK version has arrived and was now in stock as of last Monday.

I am now waiting for the local America's Tire store to receive the product.

Thanks fro the info. I see them on the link you provided, had a look around and did not find them for sale just yet. Would you happen to know where I might be able to get a set? Alternatively, If you know where I could get my hands on a set as I see you are located in So cal and so am I (west LA).
I'll have a look on amazon a bit later again to see if they have popped up...

Old 07-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpowerr
Thanks fro the info. I see them on the link you provided, had a look around and did not find them for sale just yet. Would you happen to know where I might be able to get a set? Alternatively, If you know where I could get my hands on a set as I see you are located in So cal and so am I (west LA).
I'll have a look on amazon a bit later again to see if they have popped up...
Since these are a brand new item, probably be awhile before they appear on Amazon.

Call or walk-in to your nearest Americas Tire store. This is Americas Tire's internal part number for a 20 piece set. 78957
Buy them individually using Gorilla's part number and it's a lot more money.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Myironlung got me excited when he mentioned carbon wheels. I am still looking for a set of CF wheels that I don't need to have custom built.
Might these be what you are looking for?

https://www.paramount-performance.co...Wheels-Y7.html

Jaguar Carbon Fibre Wheels Y7
The very finest in Jaguar wheel upgrades, carbon fibre super light weight, super strong carbon fibre wheels. Available for all Jaguar models. An all carbon fibre wheel drum, that is both stunning to look and at drive. These carbon fibre hybrid wheels have a number advantages over common alloy wheels and they look amazing too. Up to 40% lighter than most aluminium wheels, and up to 25% lighter than stock Jaguar alloy wheels.
If you seek the finest wheels money can buy, these carbon fibre wheels are for you. Available in a choice of colours and 2 different designs – mail us now for perfection
Worldwide mail order, tax free sales subject to location - price is per set of 4
Price: £10000.00

https://www.paramount-performance.co...re-Wheels.html

Jaguar F Type Carbon Fibre Wheels Boxstrom 7X
The very finest in wheels is now available for the first time for the Jaguar F Type. (and other Jaguar models) An all carbon fibre wheel of the very highest quality. These carbon hybrid wheels offer a variety of technical advantages, and look amazing as a bonus too. The Jaguar F Type Carbon Fibre Wheels are 40% lighter than typical standard cast aluminium wheels, and at least 25% lighter than the Jaguar aluminium wheels.
The Jaguar F Type Carbon Fibre Wheels are tested to the same OEM standards, and are also impact tested, to simulate side kerbing and driving over a kerb at speed, the flexibility and strength of these wheels passes all tests over and above the industry standards.
If you really want to stand out from the crowd, and fit the very best – these Jaguar F Type Carbon Fibre Wheels are for you. Available in a choice of colours and 2 different designs – mail us now for perfection
Worldwide mail order, tax free sales subject to location - price is per set of 4
Price: £10000.00

Last edited by hwa23; 07-10-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 07-11-2017, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,660 Likes on 3,365 Posts

Originally Posted by hwa23
Might these be what you are looking for?
Not quite good enough. They look nice but are still too heavy. At 25% lighter than OEM, they still weigh in at 26#. The ESE wheels weigh in at about 16# and even when custom built, are cheaper than the Paramounts. That said, the ESEs are butt ugly by comparison.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 366 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
And one of the stars of the show, who played the elder Einstein, is an Aussie - Geoffrey Rush. It gets spookier though - Geoffrey Rush was born in Toowoomba Queensland, and I bought my first Jag from a dealer in Toowoomba!
I used to travel to Toowoomba quite frequently on business in a former life. Often stayed at Vacy Hall.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Gorilla's website already shows the new Jaguar Black Chrome lugs with its factory product number. I would assume you could get in touch with any Gorilla retailer and ask for the item.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd

I believe this proof is adequate to demonstrate that anytime is appropriate for a couple of brews.
A university professor said the above is intuitively obvious and thus redundant.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 366 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire
A university professor said the above is intuitively obvious and thus redundant.
Even to the most casual observer

Old 07-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,660 Likes on 3,365 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire
We must have had the same university professor. Mine had a Baaaston accent: "This in intuitively awwwbvious."

Old 06-30-2019, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
If looking to purchase the "Storm" wheels, be certain you order the correct series of part numbers, as the Storm Wheel is available in at least two different finishes as OEM rims from Jaguar, and a number of other finishes in the aftermarket.

The descriptions from Jaguar can be very confusing.
The T2R10299 (front) and T2R10300 (rear) Storm Wheels are Satin Black with a machine polished Silver face and lip. These will run you close to $3500 for a set depending on source.
Then there are the T2R9909 (front) and T2R9910 (rear) Storm Wheels which I believe are a solid ammonite grey (Jaguar calls this silver) and this version will cost around $2200 for a set.
I have also seen lots of other aftermarket painted variants of the Storm Wheel in all Black, High Gloss Black with Silver Face, all Silver, and even an all White version. But after contacting many of these sources, I became convinced the online descriptions often did not accurately depict the wheel being sold... so beware.

I ended up buying from my local dealer, just for the peace of mind of knowing I would get what I was seeking... thus avoiding the adventure of having to ship back a set of wheels that were not as described.

Storm Wheels will fit any year and model F-Type. Brake package does not matter. Storm Wheel is specifically formed to work with the Carbon Ceramic brake package which requires more clearance, but this does not impact your car if it has one of the regular steel brake packages, other than you get more breathing room around the calipers.

Here is my set up... Will be changing to Black Lug Nuts once they arrive from Gorilla this week.

I had the carbon ceramics and they are completely shot after 10k miles. Obviously I'm not gonna spend $18k to put that junk on there again. You think I can put any after market non OEM brakes behind those wheels as long as they are the same size or smaller? Never seen the steel brakes with those wheels - looks super sharp

Old 06-30-2019, 06:42 PM

My Storm wheels may be for sale soon. With Michelin PS4S and sensors. If anyone is interested.

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (06-30-2019)