F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Famous YouTuber rolled over his F-Type multiple times and came out unscuffed

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire
However, hauling the car back to the apartment, throwing tantrums (kitchen floor resets), and hurling boulders did not help.
Exactly.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by xoai
This is debatable.. Error-checking and automation with machines has proven to be far superior to anything a human can do and we'd be stupid to not pursue it in the name of human evolution. You'd have to be hoping that we magically unlock a part of ourselves to match that ability. It's never going to happen.

As far as AI goes, it's only been a priority approximately within the last year, which begins to tread on Generation Z territory. Still though, it's the natural next step in software development.
My concern is that as we remove the need for "good judgement" over time, will the species evolve to have poor judgement? We evolved to where we are in part because you used to get eaten by a lion if you didn't have awareness, senses, judgement, etc. (survival of the fittest) I just think it is food for thought. I'm not claiming to be right or wrong. It's definitely debatable. I have no idea if survival of the fittest will be relevant in our future, but it was in the past.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 10-25-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by 15FTypeR
You're not-so-thinly veiled labeling of me as a trumpster...
You are reading too much into what I wrote.

However, your comments on millennials are tone-deaf. Reconsider your behavior, if for no other reason but to maintain civility.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member

I have no idea if survival of the fittest will be relevant in our future, but it was in the past.
Of course it will be relevant. However, you forgetting that in "survival of the fittest" , the fittest was and will continue to be a reference to reproductive fitness. It doesn't mean the best human survives. It means whoever makes more babies before croaking. If specific trait doesn't contribute to having more babies, it won't become spread through the population.

High intelligence never correlated with having more babies. If anything, extreme dumbness and extreme smartness are very detrimental to having kids. Very dumb people die from preventable stuff, very smart people die as heretics, inventors, or explorers.

From genetic point of view, the only way millennials could be dumb if previous generations that parented them were dumb. Save for near-extinction disasters, there is no way for evolution to act this fast. It just isn't possible to get from "smart" boomers to "dumb" millennials.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:58 PM

I'm going to step out of this conversation SinF is this is how it's going to be. It's getting too heated for my taste, and you've moved to condescension now, completely taking my discussion out of character. "Reconsider your behavior... to maintain civility" you say? Wow man. Look, I may have contributed to your reactions to me since I generalized about millennials, like most people do. it's a fairly popular opinion - fair or not. This is supposed to be banter, and I think you're still stuck on the millennial comment and no longer seeing me as a participant but rather as an adversary, and I do apologize for bringing that up. My final comments:

By the way, yes, evolution is actually about the best of the species surviving and thereby evolving the species forward. And if "dumb people" make more babies than "smart people" (I am using your oversimplification for this example), which is demonstrably the case, AND if there are no factors of darwinism in play anymore, you get a population that on the whole progresses toward dumber. There's a lot of the population who either can't figure out how birth control works, has some belief that it's sinful (there I go alienating the rest of the forum?) or thinks they can "wing it" with regards to parenting and as a result has more children that sadly aren't raised in the best circumstances nor have the opportunities that some whose parents prepared more might have. (longest sentence ever, I'm not going to fix it) So there is some definite *plausibility* in the argument that we could be getting dumber. Darwin is about statistics of a population. Note I said "plausible". Meaning I am not speaking in absolutes, its just possible it could work out that way.

So far according to you, I'm "tone deaf" and "not civil" and maybe you're not calling me a trumper, that remains to be seen, and a number of other things you might have in mind, and you're getting just a little too edgy for me. I'm sorry I made that impression on you.. We'd probably get along well in person and not as internet warriors lol. As far as changing my tone, I think you could as well. Just saying... You've taken offense to every time the word millennial comes up in this forum, and I can see that there's no going back on my faux pas here lol... I respect that that's something you find offensive. At the end of the day, this place is about cars for me, and I'm regretting participating in anything thought provoking or off topic at this point lol.

So... Peace? Sorry we can't (seem to) agree. At least we like the same car though, right? I sincerely apologize to anyone else whom I may or may not have offended. Just throwing some ideas and concepts out there, for discussion. Since "millennial" is so polarizing... I figured I'd move on to evolution, since that's *never* a hotbutton topic especially in the USA.

. So, peace, yes? (Sorry for additional edit a half hour later. I wanted to add more "peace")

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 10-25-2017 at 07:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 15FTypeR:
DuhCar (10-28-2017), ndabunka (10-26-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Soooo...how about them Dodgers?

The following 4 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Don1954 (11-01-2017), DPelletier (10-27-2017), DuhCar (10-28-2017), STMPY (07-09-2020)
Old 10-25-2017, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Soooo...how about them Dodgers?

I was looking at my private messages here, and found this from 2015:

hello my dear am dahabo sheikh, please i would want you to contact me on my email i have something very very important to tell you, you really need to hear about it at (da*****heikh@yahoo.com)

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 10-25-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:03 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My concern is that as we remove the need for "good judgement" over time, will the species evolve to have poor judgement? We evolved to where we are in part because you used to get eaten by a lion if you didn't have awareness, senses, judgement, etc. (survival of the fittest) I just think it is food for thought. I'm not claiming to be right or wrong. It's definitely debatable. I have no idea if survival of the fittest will be relevant in our future, but it was in the past.
I believe we'd just focus our attention on other things, such as surviving the inevitable robot apocalypse.

The following users liked this post:
15FTypeR (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Holy F type
guys you have to remember these are skits, they're normal people and actors. it's like saying will ferrel is an idiot because he's stupid in the movie elf. Also what's wrong with millenials? I've met lots of successful young people in the exotic car group i'm in that worked hard for their own money

So you are calling the making of this video work?

That is not work to me. That is an effin waste of time. do people really enjoy watching that crap?

Old 10-26-2017, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Don1954
So you are calling the making of this video work?

That is not work to me. That is an effin waste of time. do people really enjoy watching that crap?
Yeah...I don't know about youngsters these days...totally worthless. I used to walk to school 7 miles uphill both ways in driving snowstorms while the sun beat down at 110 degrees in the shade, and there warn't no shade. Now they get mommy to drive them . Damn, where'd I leave my teeth? lol

Old 10-26-2017, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Famous and Youtuber really don/t belong in the same sentence. The Universe has been cranking idiots out for a lot longer than Generation or Millenial labels ;-)

Old 10-27-2017, 01:49 AM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Uhhhh, don't be too harsh. They might be taking care of us in nursing homes.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Veteran Member

So I found this video of a bunch of famous entertainers from the boomer era:

I am sure one of them at some point rolled over a car. Lets start making unjustifiable generalizations how the entire generation is just like them. Oh, and they are now also on Youtube.

xoai (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 10:20 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Post of the day

Old 10-27-2017, 01:26 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,126 Likes on 1,421 Posts

This was shot on the Lobster Run - me, Jay and Marko. I'll leave it to you to guess who's who.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHVVXAcNYM

This was shot on the Lobster Run - me, Jay and Marko. I'll leave it to you to guess who's who.
Shemp couldn't make it to the Lobster Run this year because of a wedding.

Last edited by Unhingd; 10-27-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
I wouldn't give out prizes quite yet.

What generation run the highest deficit despite benefiting from historical stock boom during 80s and 90s?
What generation had the most failed or disestablishing foreign wars?
What generation trained and armed Taliban and ISIS (back when they used to be called mujaheddin)?
What generation created hostile Iran by supporting a despotic shah?
What generation created hostile North Korea by losing Korean war?
What generation shipped billions of dollars and nearly all manufacturing to China?
What generation created hostile Cuba and then nearly went to hot nuclear war over it?
What generation mismanaged NASA, to the point that Russians with less than a fraction of budget are the only people that can still put astronauts into orbit? Never mind getting to Mars orbit, we are only talking earth orbit.
What generation started disgraceful and dehumanizing airport security theater?
What generation still waging pointless war on drugs?

Take your time answering these.
...oh...don't forget...what generation is trying their best to restart the cold war and take us back to the Good 'Ol Days of nuclear brinkmanship and finding enemies at every turn??

Fearmongering worked for so long, why not try it again.

LobsterClaws (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

One of the clearest things on display here is the intolerance of the older generations towards forms of entertainment they don't understand. They have absolutely no idea about the depth and breadth of content available on youtube and so they insult those who like it. It's really a shame to see such close mindedness.

Jagged Wire (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
One of the clearest things on display here is the intolerance of the older generations towards forms of entertainment they don't understand. They have absolutely no idea about the depth and breadth of content available on youtube and so they insult those who like it. It's really a shame to see such close mindedness.
Ok...don't go over generalizing. Plenty of us sexygenarians enjoy all the new forms of entertainment and technology. (Can't quite get my arms around beatboxing, but hey...)

LobsterClaws (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 01:00 AM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Ok...don't go over generalizing. Plenty of us sexygenarians enjoy all the new forms of entertainment and technology. (Can't quite get my arms around beatboxing, but hey...)
Yes, I'm 61 and enjoy things from all age groups. I've enjoyed some episodes from Sugar Pine 7 as a result of this thread. It sparked my curiosity. I do hope he replaces his Jag soon, but it doesn't seem likely nor has there been any mention. The producer and owner of the Jag, Steve Suptic, mentioned he is not taking money from his parents to sponsor his content because he felt he would be beholden to them.

I think I'm a cool old guy. My nephews seem to think so.

From the youthful set, I do like Jacksepticeye, Nickatnyte because I play a mobile game app before going to bed, Joey Ahern (because I love his Husky dog), Cib (comedian/singer-songwriter), Steamroom Stories, Marcus Butler, 2 Cellos, and SciShow among others. There are also some very good modern dance videos done by teenagers or 20 somethings. My body wants to dance but my legs and ankles dont.

I've also watched orca eating seals, lions eating elephants, frogs eating bugs, Cassie Jaye, Appalacian flat foot clogging (I did that a couple decades ago), bluegrass music, classical pieces (gawd some folks are raising the bar), science shows, doggies, no cats except my car, watched every FType video made. I also enjoy Car Throttle and other British car channels. Watched every S197 Mustang video and every Fiesta ST video. I'm happy to share my channel name so folks can see my playlist. Its all over the place and wherever YT takes me.

Last edited by Jagged Wire; 10-30-2017 at 01:26 AM. Reason: added content
The following 2 users liked this post by Jagged Wire:
LobsterClaws (10-30-2017), SinF (10-30-2017)