F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeling a bit uncomfortable with my new car ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogbreath!
It's either "what kind of car is that?" or "Nice car, man." Happens a couple of times a week. Better get used to it.
I get the same in my small town. I came from a Ferrari F430 to the F Type. I couldn't go anywhere in the F430 without someone hanging out of the window with a cell phone taking pics/video.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Why did Jaguar skimp on adding a simple mirror light.
Because F-type wasn't designed with ease of putting makeup on while in the car (and/or driving) in mind.

The following 2 users liked this post by SinF:
Burt Gummer (08-09-2016), Mbourne (08-10-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 05:18 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubad2
PS ... A side note, when my GF got inside the car, she immediately went for the sun visor to look at herself as we were going to enter in a restaurant for dinner. When she opened the mirror cover, her reaction was, what the hell.... No mirror light in a $110,000 dollar car. I thought it was funny. But she did have a valid point. Why did Jaguar skimp on adding a simple mirror light.
Because it's not very British to look at one's self in the mirror...j/k
My wife said the same thing when she first got in my car!

Old 08-08-2016, 05:53 AM
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I sort of see it the same way I do with the women I've had long term relationships (my ex wife and the women I have been with for the last 6 years), with. About 90% of men thought my ex was hot and made it pretty obvious. My current girlfriend is in my opinion far more appealing (unless you do not like tall athletic big busted blonds), and when we first started dating we pulled up to a restaurant valet in my Lamborghini. As we were walking in one valet said to the other something like what is that dude doing with a woman the looks like that(had my hearing aids on that night LOL). The other answered look at the car dude. I came up with this theory from watching people (even put in one of my books), that men are jealous of other men for what they have, and women are jealous of other women because of the way they look. I am no model trust me just an average looking guy, but for some reason as far as looks go I guess I keep getting lucky, though this time I found someone even more beautiful on the inside. Now you are either going to be comfortable with people staring (and yes they will at time take photos) at your very sharp looking and loud car or you are not. Personally I care what five people in world think, the rest of them can shove their opinions wherever they like. Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

i have found that most attention comes from poorer areas/towns for obvious reasons. The more wealthy areas i might get a random thumbs up or something once every few hundred cars. The real attention comes from when other people aren't driving , like pulling into a parking lot or an event where people are outside. You get used to it but still a bit annoying when you get guys asking the same questions over and over again.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Jethro Tull .... :)

Originally Posted by myironlung
i have found that most attention comes from poorer areas/towns for obvious reasons. The more wealthy areas i might get a random thumbs up or something once every few hundred cars. The real attention comes from when other people aren't driving , like pulling into a parking lot or an event where people are outside. You get used to it but still a bit annoying when you get guys asking the same questions over and over again.
Yes, the area of the Cross Bronx Expressway isn't all that nice. Crossing the George Washington. Bridge, you drive through some rough areas in NYC until you can get to Long Island NY.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Received 334 Likes on 201 Posts

I am more concerned that you are doing that long miserable drive to Long Island from NJ and beating up your car in the process [the roads are horrendous]. Either have her move to NJ or you get a new GF.

Last edited by michaelodonnell123; 08-09-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

I notice that when I drive my truck, I usually pass everyone on street, slow pokes, maybe I just drive too fast or I am always in a hurry. But when I drive my Aston at first I thought all jerks are wanting to race because they either tail gate or speed up to get ahead of me. I realized that they just want to see car.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by carnut1
I sort of see it the same way I do with the women I've had long term relationships (my ex wife and the women I have been with for the last 6 years), with. About 90% of men thought my ex was hot and made it pretty obvious. My current girlfriend is in my opinion far more appealing (unless you do not like tall athletic big busted blonds), and when we first started dating we pulled up to a restaurant valet in my Lamborghini. As we were walking in one valet said to the other something like what is that dude doing with a woman the looks like that(had my hearing aids on that night LOL). The other answered look at the car dude. I came up with this theory from watching people (even put in one of my books), that men are jealous of other men for what they have, and women are jealous of other women because of the way they look. I am no model trust me just an average looking guy, but for some reason as far as looks go I guess I keep getting lucky, though this time I found someone even more beautiful on the inside. Now you are either going to be comfortable with people staring (and yes they will at time take photos) at your very sharp looking and loud car or you are not. Personally I care what five people in world think, the rest of them can shove their opinions wherever they like. Good luck!
You might not be "getting lucky" per se, Your toys attract women. You need to face the fact that if you drove a Subaru, lived in an apartment and worked for the post office, you misses would be someone else misses. Woman have an inherent desire to seek stability. Make mo bones about it.

Old 08-09-2016, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
You need to face the fact that if you drove a Subaru, lived in an apartment and worked for the post office, you misses would be someone else misses.
I wonder how older and wealthier gentlemen here deal with this dilemma. I'd be asking myself "is she there for me, or for things I provide" all the time.

Old 08-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
I wonder how older and wealthier gentlemen here deal with this dilemma. I'd be asking myself "is she there for me, or for things I provide" all the time.
Lets not be stupid now.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

You might not be "getting lucky" per se, Your toys attract women. You need to face the fact that if you drove a Subaru, lived in an apartment and worked for the post office, you misses would be someone else misses. Woman have an inherent desire to seek stability. Make mo bones about it.
That's a bit messed up. Sounds like you've been watching too many PUA videos. You don't really know anything about him or his situation. I have 0 doubt my current GF would still be with me even if I was flat broke.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,290 Likes on 889 Posts

Getting a little off track, but having practised as a lawyer for way too long, been through several boom/bust cycles in our local economy, what it seems to me is that when times are really good, it is the guys who are more likely to give the missus the flick. I think that is because they figure that they can pay the freight and also trade up. But when the bust hits, the guys get all needy and it is more often the girls who flick the guys. I figure that is because they put up with guys because they are good providers, and when they are no longer that, why put up with their crap?

I figure that the worst thing a guy can ever say to his missus is "at least we still have each other...".

But those are generalisations from "people watching". I've seen a number of instances where I've expected love to go out the window when poverty has knocked at the door, even with trophy wives, and the couple has stuck together.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

That might be so in some reality, but I am a guy that has more issues than you could ever imagine an 8th grade education and though in most peoples minds I would be considered wealthy, she is worth about 8 times what I am. This one just happens to be amazing. I could drive a Schwinn, she would not care and stable, I am far from that LOL!

Old 08-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Well.. mine was attracted to me when I was driving around in a crappy rusted out Mustang II. Believe me: had nothing to do with the car. (no clue what it did have to do with)

The following users liked this post:
SinF (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I was driving around ... Mustang II.
Others might not be as acceptable of a deviant and depraved behavior like that, so I suggest you don't admit to this in public. I am not a lawyer, but I also believe that in some states this could land you on a car offenders list for indecent exposure. Then you won't be able to live within 50 miles of any race track.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts
Default The very definition of - LOVE:

When you actually get snatched up driving a Mustang II.

And no, I don't know anyone here, but all I can say is speaking for myself, my social life improved when my bottom line did.
Whether we admit it or not, what we have is a part of who we are and all that gets evaluated by the opposite sex.

If your situation is otherwise, more power to you.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 08-10-2016 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

Others might not be as acceptable of a deviant and depraved behavior like that, so I suggest you don't admit to this in public. I am not a lawyer, but I also believe that in some states this could land you on a car offenders list for indecent exposure. Then you won't be able to live within 50 miles of any race track.
Well, back then you couldn't accuse me of any particular wisdom or brilliance. I even ran it in Showroom Stock B for a season. I swear it covered more distance on the track going backwards than going forwards. I did much better campaigning HP Bugeyes and an ITC 510.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member

When you actually get snatched up driving a Mustang II.

And no, I don't know anyone here, but all I can say is speaking for myself, my social life improved when my bottom line did.
Whether we admit it or not, what we have is a part of who we are and all that gets evaluated by the opposite sex.

If your situation is otherwise, more power to you.
That certainly seems to be the norm.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:06 AM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

Two different thumbs up and a "what kind of car is that honey?" this morning.

Quick Reply: Feeling a bit uncomfortable with my new car ....