Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally an Audio Solution !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Finally an Audio Solution !!!

Folks, I went to describe to all of you my fix for the F-Type!

1. - I want to thank Madison Jaguar, for making me feel like a customer, and working with me in a stellar manner to solve the rattles in my car from the lower end system.
2. - These folks from the sale of the car, to the ultimate fix of the audio system and a few other "minor" things, made me like the Jaguar experience
3. - Going to the dealer is the key, and any service organization that doesn't work on this problem isn't worth their weight in salt.
4. - I went in with Rattles, and was not happy about this, and voiced my concerns in a major way (not yelling, but professionally working with these guys).
5. - They took my car, and analyzed the scenario. What they came up with was a complete diagnosis of the problem, which was:
a) - Rattles in the door warranted "dynomat", which dampened the noise
in the doors.
b) - The dealer rightfully showed that the handles, although nice looking,
when openned creates the major rattle in the doors
c) - The other rattles in the door went away with the dynomat, period
end of story, without question
d) - The grilles in the back of the seats were rattling due to the crack
in both grilles. Now fixed, however calling these "subs" is a
frigging Joke still, and we all laughed at this.
6. - I checked into the speaker enclosure in the dashboard. It does pop from the top without taking the complete dash out. However, dropping a speaker into this enclosure is a dead issue. the connector that is in this enclosure is not live for some reason. It shows "zero" response to the meter, which tells me that it is not connected to the Amp, and therefore doesn't work.
7. - I would have loved to drop a 3" or 3.5 inch speaker into this, but i was told that this is not live, by another jaguar dealer, and therefore don't do it, in that it could void the warranty or create misery.

Unfortunate on the dash speaker, I am not messing with anything else......signed "happy in NJ, after working very closely with Madison Jaguar, Madison NJ. They are an excellent dealer, and people that I trust doing my work with.

Hope this helps and I am bringing closure to this scenario.

The stereo highs are not bad, it is the "bottom"/"base" that is the issue, and I could live with this, as it is my sportscar/toy. BTW my XJL is excellent with the same system. So I will live with this, and when I hear a bad song with poor production, I either change it, or I turn it off and listen to the Pipes roar.

Have a great weekend all, and am now content with my solution and will move on.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Thanks for posting!

There isn't a center speaker on the 380w system, it's used for the Meridian and Dolby/DTS modes in the upgrade stereo. It looks like there should be, but it's clear in the Jaguar materials that the 380w system doesn't feature a speaker in the rising air vent box.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by swajames
Thanks for posting!

There isn't a center speaker on the 380w system, it's used for the Meridian and Dolby/DTS modes in the upgrade stereo. It looks like there should be, but it's clear in the Jaguar materials that the 380w system doesn't feature a speaker in the rising air vent box.
I agree, but there is an opening and a connector there as if one was intended for the 770W. I was just trying to retrofit it. It has the slot, there is the connector, but if you got a speaker and plugged it in, it would not work (no juice). I agree with you it was meant for the 770W, but I tried!!!!!

Oh well,

Old 04-17-2015, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

It simplifies the manufacturing process to use one wiring harness for all variants. However, depending upon the options, portions of that harness won't be used, as is the case for the center speaker lead on 380w cars.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:47 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
It simplifies the manufacturing process to use one wiring harness for all variants. However, depending upon the options, portions of that harness won't be used, as is the case for the center speaker lead on 380w cars.
This is absolutely correct.
And the base model Meridian tuner/amplifier most likely does not have a port or outlet for that additional speaker... meaning there is no place to plug the other end of that speaker wire back at the source.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:02 AM
Received 102 Likes on 66 Posts

My center speaker rattles. My Jag dealer (BMCD) said they took it out and put it back and couldn't hear it rattle. I got int he car at the dealership and it rattled straight away. They shrugged shoulders and looked at me blankly.

It still rattles and distorts and is irritating so much so I rarely use the sound system now....

Solutions?

Compensation?

Old 04-21-2015, 03:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by alexg
My center speaker rattles. My Jag dealer (BMCD) said they took it out and put it back and couldn't hear it rattle. I got int he car at the dealership and it rattled straight away. They shrugged shoulders and looked at me blankly.

It still rattles and distorts and is irritating so much so I rarely use the sound system now....

Solutions?

Compensation?
This is so painful to even read. Having to go through what we have to and in your case and others not get satisfaction is pathetic at best. I would ask them what they did, and who worked on it. Did they dynomat it, and if so where did they miss, to create the rattle. I popped the center grille (assume you have the 770Watt due to the center speaker). This is a very simple fix in that the area is very shallow, a small speaker with a very narrow enclosure. It has to be the speaker, as it just sits there, and not sure if the "dynomat" solution is workable in this enclosure. I tried to put a center speaker into the slot, but realized that the wire there was "dead", and not connected on the other end to anything. So scratched "for the time being" this idea.

Last edited by slojotaa; 04-21-2015 at 04:00 AM.