F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally found the one

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 06:03 PM
Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Finally found the one

After about 8 months of searching, I drove up to Georgia the other day to pick up my new-to-me 2016 F-Type R Convertible in BRG over Camel/Black with Camel stitch. I'm in love. Drove through some rain, and it needs a wash, but it's still stunning.

The following 6 users liked this post by lpf4:
Burt Gummer (07-11-2020), Carbuff2 (07-11-2020), Mahjik (07-10-2020), Mbourne (07-10-2020), Phantomf4collector (07-12-2020), STMPY (07-13-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-10-2020, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 380 Likes on 257 Posts

Nice buggy.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:27 PM
Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

You have good taste. I've come close to picking up an MV Augusta several times, awesome bike.

BRG looks great on the F type too 😎

Old 07-10-2020, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

Never seen a BRG F4, but it's hard to go wrong with the classic "fire engine" red and silver. I've got that same stand

My F4S was monoposto, but my 312 is a biposto with a monoposto tail piece from a 1000R. I wanted to get a Mamba kit after seeing one in person, but they were expensive, and all gone. Oh well.

The F-Type in BRG is a looker, to be sure. Enjoy!

Old 07-11-2020, 04:25 AM
Received 274 Likes on 191 Posts

I've always loved MV and almost pulled the trigger on the Brutale a few times. The Dragsters are way cool too. But I love my Diavel so much, I just can't part with it.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:47 PM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Congrats, both look like fun. Guessing your neighbors will be well aware of which toy is coming out to play

Old 07-12-2020, 12:33 AM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Congrats! what an amazing spec, exactly how I would have mine! you can not go wrong with BRG over camel. my biggest regret is getting white over black (boring) instead of a cooler color. Enjoy it and post more pics! any mods or fun stuff planned? nice bike too.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:30 AM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by StormtrooperFtype
Congrats! what an amazing spec, exactly how I would have mine! you can not go wrong with BRG over camel. my biggest regret is getting white over black (boring) instead of a cooler color. Enjoy it and post more pics! any mods or fun stuff planned? nice bike too.
that’s funny, once I narrowed my search I was dead set on white with black - same as one of my other cars. Looks great and is always a desirable combination (I.e. easier to sell than a polarizing color). I actually liked BRG and camel, but I saw a photo of silver with extended red interior and I was done. I just thought it was such a great combination, but not for everyone. That said, no clue how I’ll keep it, but don’t think I would have an issue selling. If I were you, I wouldn’t fret over white. You don’t have to detail the crap out of it to make it look good and it doesn’t show dirt etc after a wash like the darker colors.

in a related story, saw you post about the accident - I hate it for you. I know all things are relative and there are bigger issues in the world, but we are all dealing with personal issues and the worry and stress with kids, jobs, and the world in her real, but stuff like that only adds to it. I’m super careful with my cars and if I hit a curb - I’ll own it , but negligence leading to inconvenience and having a car that’s been repaired is hard to swallow. Best of luck with the fix and I would recommend driving the rolls Royce in the background of your photo in the meantime. I use my rolls mainly as a grocery-getter, but it’s an okay daily driver.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:47 AM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

What with your recent unfortunate accident, maybe you should consider getting a wrap in a different color while your F-Type is out of commission.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

lpf,
Beautiful color combo (though, I may be biased). Though it's one of the best combos available, I would have liked the shade a bit lighter so the color would pop even on cloudy days. During my recent encounter with the local constabulary, the color was marked down as black. That hurt more than getting the warning. lol

Old 07-12-2020, 11:12 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,518 Likes on 1,144 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
During my recent encounter with the local constabulary, the color was marked down as black. That hurt more than getting the warning. lol
If it had been more than a warning you could have contested it because you weren't driving a black car, so couldn't have been you.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scm
If it had been more than a warning you could have contested it because you weren't driving a black car, so couldn't have been you.
Yeah, trying out that logic on the judge could have taken the situation from bad to worse real quickly.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,263 Likes on 2,408 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
Sort of worked for me in a similar situation!
I got a big nasty parking ticket some 8 months ago, I was walking up to the car just as the Brown Bomber was sticking the ticket under the wiper.
I argued the toss with him but in vain.
I was fuming all the way home, until I double checked the ticket and I spotted that he had recorded my rego wrong!
My rego is GD2BBAD but he had recorded it as GZ2BBAD.
So I let it slide and never paid the ticket, and I haven't heard a dicky bird since!

Old 07-12-2020, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
So I let it slide and never paid the ticket, and I haven't heard a dicky bird since!
I haven't heard a dicky bird ever. I take it that's a good thing?

Old 07-12-2020, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I haven't heard a dicky bird ever. I take it that's a good thing?
Cockney / Oz rhyming slang for "word".
Most Oz rhyming slang is copied from the Cockney, but one unique to Oz I can think of off the top of my head is "Joe Blake" (= snake), coz there are zero poisonous snakes in Blighty and hundreds of 'em in Oz.

Old 07-13-2020, 03:47 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,518 Likes on 1,144 Posts

... "Joe Blake" (= snake), coz there are zero poisonous snakes in Blighty and hundreds of 'em in Oz.
On a pedantic point, you mean venomous, and we do have one, the adder.
Poisonous snakes are only deadly if you eat 'em!

Old 07-13-2020, 04:12 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scm
On a pedantic point, you mean venomous, and we do have one, the adder.
Poisonous snakes are only deadly if you eat 'em!
OK, I'll give you that point.
In fact two points - poisonous vs venomous and the single venomous snake in Blighty.
But of course it's perfectly OK to eat a venomous snake as long as you don't eat the bits where the venom glands are, our indigenous people have been doing it for 10's of thousands of years!
Disclaimer - I have never eaten snake.

The following users liked this post:
scm (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member

OK, I'll give you that point.
In fact two points - poisonous vs venomous and the single venomous snake in Blighty.
But of course it's perfectly OK to eat a venomous snake as long as you don't eat the bits where the venom glands are, our indigenous people have been doing it for 10's of thousands of years!
Disclaimer - I have never eaten snake.
Rattlesnake is pretty good.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great combo, and looks like a pretty loaded spec!

Old 07-13-2020, 07:29 AM
Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
My F4S was monoposto, but my 312 is a biposto with a monoposto tail piece from a 1000R. I wanted to get a Mamba kit after seeing one in person, but they were expensive, and all gone. Oh well.

The F-Type in BRG is a looker, to be sure. Enjoy!
Thanks! I don't think I'm going to mess with either of these visually...I've added some Corse carbon to the MV, just things like chain covers and a hugger and heel plate and stuff, but I want to keep it as original as possible. Not for resale really, don't plan on selling it until it's in my estate sale, I just prefer it that way.
Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
I've always loved MV and almost pulled the trigger on the Brutale a few times. The Dragsters are way cool too. But I love my Diavel so much, I just can't part with it.
I'm a huge fan of Ducati also. Had a 916 before I picked up the F4. I've been considering getting a Diavel too. Florida is too hot and straight to really use the F4, and I feel like I'd ride a lot more than I do if I had a bike more suited to long straight rides, but that can still take a corner now and then.
Originally Posted by madmax1911
Congrats, both look like fun. Guessing your neighbors will be well aware of which toy is coming out to play
For sure. The Jag is actually a little louder than the bike. With the radial valves it sounds like a mini Ferrari, and it's decently loud for a stock exhaust, but it'd be nice a little louder. Almost picked up the MV Agusta RG3 racing exhaust kit a couple weeks ago but the seller stood me up after I drove several hours to meet up with him.
Thanks! My requirements list was pretty specific, which is why it took so long to find. Definitely worth the wait. As for mods...I was going to do a crank pully and tune, but this thing is insane as-is. It's the only car I've driven that reminds me of riding the bike. Won't do anything like wheels/suspension, as I like the look of the stock ride height best. Might do carbon side vents and grille surround, but that's probably it. At least until I get used to the power and want more.

lpf,
Beautiful color combo (though, I may be biased). Though it's one of the best combos available, I would have liked the shade a bit lighter so the color would pop even on cloudy days. During my recent encounter with the local constabulary, the color was marked down as black. That hurt more than getting the warning. lol
Understandable. When the sun does hit it though, it's spectacular. I'm think OK with it. lol

Rattlesnake is pretty good.
I found rattlesnake to be a bit tough and gamey, kinda like gator. Could have been how it was prepared, though, it was rattlesnake nachos.

Quick Reply: Finally found the one