Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally ordered

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally ordered

Hi all,

you might remember (or not) a few months ago I was here asking about if I fit in the car.
Considering all your answers you convinced me I would, so I drove 200 miles (one way) to see if I fit in the car, and I do!
Since then I spent most of my time lurking on this forum and convincing my father (who will be the 2nd driver of this car) that the Jag is better than the 911.
And today after so much research we finally ordered it!
It's a base coupe, BRG, Panoramic roof, performance seats, 19'' centrifuge black, sport steering wheel, switchable active exhaust, seat pack 2 and what not.
Expected delivery between the 1st and 5th of December.
Now I only need to find out if sto'n'sho is willing to ship to Europe since there is no way I am letting them drill holes in the front, and the Croatian licence plate is ridiculously big (might even cover the parking sensors).

Sorry for the rant! and looking forward to being a proper member of this community

Old 09-22-2015, 11:30 AM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Congrats! After many months waiting to be able to order, then waiting for the build than waiting for delivery - I can say it's completely worth it (for me) every time I start that car up.

I suspect it will be the same for you.

Orkney

The following users liked this post:
Guy Fawkes (09-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes
Hi all,

you might remember (or not) a few months ago I was here asking about if I fit in the car.
Considering all your answers you convinced me I would, so I drove 200 miles (one way) to see if I fit in the car, and I do!
Since then I spent most of my time lurking on this forum and convincing my father (who will be the 2nd driver of this car) that the Jag is better than the 911.
It's a base coupe, BRG, Panoramic roof, performance seats, 19'' centrifuge black, sport steering wheel, switchable active exhaust, seat pack 2 and what not.
Now I only need to find out if sto'n'sho is willing to ship to Europe since there is no way I am letting them drill holes in the front, and the Croatian licence plate is ridiculously big (might even cover the parking sensors).

Sorry for the rant! and looking forward to being a proper member of this community
Congrats...I'm sure sto 'n sho will ship you a license plate bracket!

Guy Fawkes (09-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 606 Likes on 410 Posts

Congratulations in advance! One of the best "Dad" things I did was go in with my son to buy his first 911 while he was still in college. It was a great bonding experience. (Hint, hint to your Dad). And, while he's still a Porsche guy at heart, he loves my F-Type.

Guy Fawkes (09-25-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Congrats! I think you and your Dad will be very happy with the base car.

Guy Fawkes (09-25-2015)
Old 09-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes
Hi all,

Something for the holidays hey? Congratulations. I'm also reminded, by your last line, something (along the lines of) we members of the Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving & Chowder Society say, there are no "proper" members of/on this forum. Or perhaps you'd prefer what Groucho Marx said, that he wouldn't want to be a member of any society which would want him to be a member.

In any event, welcome and good luck.

Guy Fawkes (09-25-2015)