F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First 2021 facelift appears at dealer in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 05:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Nope. My suggestion is not the failure. It only becomes one if it gets approved and parades around the streets to spoil the day for the general public..
I think that if they really had to change the headlights [ but for me the original ones in LED as on my car are the best for the looks ], then they could
have made the lights smaller instead of cutting through the whole design like they did now..

Old 01-08-2020, 06:24 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Now one thing we did'nt talk about so much, the pure LCD instrument panel.
May be ok for the Coupe, but for all Convertible this is a nightmare. If somebody already made the experience of navigation over lcd screen with sunlight from behind,
you absolutely see nothing. And you drive blind. Now other carmakers made this step (Huracan) but... with redesign of the whole panel and putting the display deeper.
So, with enough shadow possible also with open roof. The english-indian soup is here again not working.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:28 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,462 Likes on 1,107 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
Nope. My suggestion is not the failure.
Mmm, we'll have to agree to disagree about that.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:55 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Cleantex
This did surprised me such early in the year, the V8's are just for the lower power version (450PS) the time being.
https://home.mobile.de/STOPKAHANNOVE...#des_290994745
I ordered the r-dynamic V8 450hp AWD , they say it will delivered about April 2020

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (01-08-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 12:04 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by spegor
I ordered the r-dynamic V8 450hp AWD , they say it will delivered about April 2020
So Dan was right, they sell cars over mobile.de that they not yet have. It's verbidden on the platform.

You took Coupe or Convertible ?

Old 01-08-2020, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

I guess production starts around now. Before the first car is in Germany [ pre-order demo..] it could be early february..

Old 01-08-2020, 03:14 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cleantex
So Dan was right, they sell cars over mobile.de that they not yet have. It's verbidden on the platform.

You took Coupe or Convertible ?
Coupe , convertible is nice, but at higher price , too much for my budget. A 450 hp V8 detuned engine is the right choice here for the high tax on power , so you get the V8 sound with less taxes, also the new infotainment is very actractive. Finally I like the more aggressive style of the facelift .

Old 01-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

And it is JLR that copies everything BMW comes up with. From warranty plans to methods to install new maps,
even the new V8's come from my eastern neighbours.
Like how JLR copied the concept of luxury SUV from BMW.
And they copied aluminum monocoque from BMW.
But JLR has been using al monocoque since WW2 (in the same factory since) and BMW just switched to al in the 6 series few years ago. In 2010 when I chose the XK BMW was doing steel.

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Get your chuckles in now, bigfella, one of us will be sucking some humble **** come the end of the year when these cars come out.

Jag had pretty much exhausted what they could do with the current front end anyway and the fiddling hasnt been helping, I personally would prefer the '21 front end to the current, but the '16 front end to the current, if that makes sense.
All new cars are going with discrete lighting, where the light housing does not represent 25% of the front fender.
The Ftype wont stick out as the odd one out with vintage lighting.
Have you seen what Audi is doing with tiny projectors for lights, it makes our cars look like those stagecoaches that had the hanging lights.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member

@spegor.
Hi, I went with a tour last summer with my son through the Alps. The only F-Type we met in 3 weeks and 9500kms was a white Italian cabrio,,

Old 01-08-2020, 03:28 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Nope. My suggestion is not the failure. It only becomes one if it gets approved and parades around the streets to spoil the day for the general public..
I think that if they really had to change the headlights [ but for me the original ones in LED as on my car are the best for the looks ], then they could
have made the lights smaller instead of cutting through the whole design like they did now..
Objectively, the 2018 LED front end refresh was a disaster.

2019 2,279
2018 2,268
2017 4,108
2016 4,069
2015 4,629
2014 4,112
2013 2,250

I think 2013 sales are 2014 models.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:31 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Like how JLR copied the concept of luxury SUV from BMW. And they copied aluminum monocoque from BMW.
Did I say JLR copied ALL from BMW ? No, only that they copied many, many, many, many things. Like the emergency button next to the mirror [ maybe both copied it
from Volvo, I am not 'car- historian' ]. Its just that I have things in my 216i tourer that later appeared in JLR products.

Queen and Country (01-08-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RacerX
Objectively, the 2018 LED front end refresh was a disaster.
Well, we are suposed to live in 'free countries' , so we can have our own opinions. But the xenons are very ugly like the sleepy eyes of sheep..
I bought an F-Pace [ run-out model ] at a very good price. But I really regret I did not get the LED headlights : the round orange indicators
look like they come straight from 'brum'..

Old 01-08-2020, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member

This is the idea.. .. what they could have done if they wanted to change the headlights. The grille section I left unchanged here. But with the new grille, who knows. I do not have the tools to generate such image.
OMG Dan its good you are only joking around and armed only with photoshop.
Do you realize what a disaster this idea would be. You cant see the lights from the sides, there are laws against that. Nor will you be able to get wide coverage from led spot beams. You will only get one or the other- far lighting or wide lighting but not both.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member

Do you realize what a disaster this idea would be. You cant see the lights from the sides, there are laws against that. Nor will you be able to get wide coverage from led spot beams. You will only get one or the other- far lighting or wide lighting but not both.
Hey, its not 'The Design' , I only pasted something [ "paint", cut & paste ] together, what might end up better looking then de "bleeding cheeks" they made now by cutting across the front of the car like it has been attacked with a meat-cleaver...

Old 01-08-2020, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member

The designers hand is being forced.
The narrow discreet headlights is the only design change across all car, cheap and expensive.
Do you design something that looks like the last generation of cars or do you embrace the future. Keep in mind the reputation Jag is trying to fight.

Old 01-08-2020, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member

The AUDI has the lights in harmony with eg the edge of the bonnet, and the 'cut-off' angle extending from the grille : the lines 'flow' .

Witht the F-Type they tried to achieve that, but ended up 'cutting corners ' [ eg the bonnet ]. That is what makes it hidious..
This is because they mixed 'voluptous roundings' with sharp edges : it just doesn't mix..

But, as I pointed out before, it is a matter of opinion. Like a yellow car or purple in changing colours..

This solution would complement the roundings a lot better then the now applied "short " cut..

Last edited by Dan_NL; 01-08-2020 at 04:18 PM.
Queen and Country (01-08-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 04:21 PM
Veteran Member

They did the same exact thing with XK....towards the end when resources were shifted to the Ftype they did a stopgap-job of upgrading the car with sleeker lights.
Which naturally looked like an old man in youngster's clothes trying to fit in the nightclub.
May I be the first to welcome you to the has-been club.
Yes they are saving their energy for something bigger, like the mid-engine beast.

Old 01-08-2020, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member

May I be the first to welcome you to the has-been club.
I do not agree. The classic looking F-Types [ the earliest V6 and V8 most likely] , will be future "E-Types" . The XK / XKR, albeit the 'inroads' to the F-Type design language are
probably 'stepping stones' in JLR history. I do not assume there will be any 'mid-engined' ever, at all..
Why am I so definite : as the platform would be purpose build : too costly.

The new platform will be for the range from 'short-base' coupe/cabrio to [ extended ] LWB XJ ' all-fours-electric' tesla killer...

So there is a possibillity to accomodate an ICE in the front 'box' but the 'center box' wil be a 'surfboard' hollow beam, only suitable to house batteries...
So a Hybrid is an option, ICE, EV , but not a 'mid-engined ICE' .. ... sorry..

Last edited by Dan_NL; 01-08-2020 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:31 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Well, we are suposed to live in 'free countries' , so we can have our own opinions. But the xenons are very ugly like the sleepy eyes of sheep..
I bought an F-Pace [ run-out model ] at a very good price. But I really regret I did not get the LED headlights : the round orange indicators
look like they come straight from 'brum'..
​​​​​​We can all have our favorites, but when a single change to Calum's design instantly slices sales in half, that's a disaster.

I don't understand what Jag is doing with this car and they don't either. If they would have left 2015 alone and included 600HP capable tires, F-Type sales would have taken off. At this point I've given up on new F-Types, whoever is calling the shots at Jag doesn't understand their customers.

Such a shame they continue to ruin the car, but certainly not unprecedented. The rumored hybrid electric version will fight it out with NSX to see which can break 10 sales per month.

Old 01-08-2020, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member

@RacerX
How does your text fits in context with the part you cited ? I do not favour the changes at all, like you.

Detail : the LED refer to my F-Pace..

Quick Reply: First 2021 facelift appears at dealer in Germany