F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First annual service and tire experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 06:31 AM
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
Default First annual service and tire experience

Made the appointment for the First Annual Service this week; car has 12,100 miles now after 1 year. Leaving home for the Denver dealer 120 miles away, I noticed the right front tire was down 2 pounds again having just added some air after getting a TPMS warning a couple days ago. Thought I'd better stop at the local tire store just to have it checked. Sure enough a nail in the tire, but with that soft rubber it's held pretty tight and loses air slowly. Got it patched fine. With the tire off I got a good look at the brake disc and pad and am happy to report the disc looked great: perfectly smooth, no ridges, no lip at the outside diameter. I don't use brakes like a city guy, 90% of my driving is highway. Anyway, a good report there. I also asked the tech to measure remaining tread on that tire. We measured 8/32 inches, or about 1/3 of remaining useable tread; I plan to change at 4/32 for sure. Didn't measure the rear. I've got the 18" Conti's.

No issues at the dealer, no new updates or service bulletins for me. Great service took 1 hour+15minutes. I waited.

The following users liked this post:
Unhingd (08-26-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 09:04 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Glad you found the nail before it became an issue!

Jay doesn't use his brakes either...

Old 08-26-2016, 09:55 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You are lucky the nail held and that your tires are in great shape. I visited the dealer a few weeks back and needed to replace front tires. One was ok (kept it as a spare just in case) and the other had bad inside tire wear and a slice down to the chord (about the size of a pinky fingernail) and had to be replaced. Got an alignment done too.

Hope your next service goes just as smoothly as this one.