F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First F-Type Problem (No Biggie)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default First F-Type Problem (No Biggie)

My F-Type tire sensor says my tires need air. When the dealership looked at it - they were unable to clear the code even though the tires are fine. They think the computer isn't seeing one of the sensors. They will call England Tuesday for advice. We may want to start a thread of problems so that if they are reported in more than one car, we can spot trends and maybe even eventually be able to help people find solutions more quickly. Thank goodness it doesn't stop me from driving the car. It's as much fun as someone as old as me is legally allowed to have. My detailers are in all day fixing the scratches the dealership put in the car with the free wash (always hand wash yourself or hire a pro to avoid this.) We've clay barred the car, polished the wheels and exterior, buffed out light scratches, treated the leather, etc. Still a couple of hours to go to make sure we've gotten every nook and cranny. Pics coming.

The following users liked this post:
amcdonal86 (05-31-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Default Update To First Jaguar F-Type Problem

Originally Posted by Scott Bourne
My F-Type tire sensor says my tires need air. When the dealership looked at it - they were unable to clear the code even though the tires are fine. They think the computer isn't seeing one of the sensors. They will call England Tuesday for advice. We may want to start a thread of problems so that if they are reported in more than one car, we can spot trends and maybe even eventually be able to help people find solutions more quickly. Thank goodness it doesn't stop me from driving the car. It's as much fun as someone as old as me is legally allowed to have. My detailers are in all day fixing the scratches the dealership put in the car with the free wash (always hand wash yourself or hire a pro to avoid this.) We've clay barred the car, polished the wheels and exterior, buffed out light scratches, treated the leather, etc. Still a couple of hours to go to make sure we've gotten every nook and cranny. Pics coming.
Today the dealership diagnosed the problem causing my tire sensor fault light to stay on. The factory improperly installed a European sensor on the front left tire instead of the US sensor. They work at different frequencies but they look almost identical so somebody grabbed a sensor from the wrong bin while they were building my car and there it is. The part is being overnighted (at my Jag dealer's expense) and they provided me with a 2012 XK to drive for the evening until the part is installed. Excellent service from Gaudin Jaguar in Las Vegas.

JimC64 (08-18-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 526 Likes on 375 Posts

Glad to hear they were able to diagnose it quickly and that it was a minor issue.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Default Sensor Problem Fixed

Originally Posted by Scott Bourne
UPDATE: It was indeed a faulty left front tire sensor causing my dash to light up with a deflated tire warning. All fixed. All is well. Back on the road.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just as an FYI, my neighbors base model F-type (just had it a few days) is in the shop with two problems.

#1. The stop/start ceased to function and
#2. The brake lights are stuck on and the dealer hasn't been able to figure anything out. They have been talking to Jaguar in Coventry he said. Seems like a software/computer module glitch of some sort. We're in North America.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by blacklotus
Just as an FYI, my neighbors base model F-type (just had it a few days) is in the shop with two problems.

#1. The stop/start ceased to function and
#2. The brake lights are stuck on and the dealer hasn't been able to figure anything out. They have been talking to Jaguar in Coventry he said. Seems like a software/computer module glitch of some sort. We're in North America.
Thanks for the update. It would be nice for Jaguar to resolve a fair amount of the glitches on the first model run asap. Of course there are so few cars out there at this time and that are even on these forums to get the best picture of the issues.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts

Just to pop my two pennies in here. I talked with the Jag/LR field service engineer today and he was very positive on the F-type launch and what they are seeing for problems. Very few problems but one thing he said, I do want to note. They only plan on selling 5000 cars this year. This does a couple things. It increases the value of the first year cars but on the other end, makes it harder to resolve some concerns. I wish all of you with new F-types the absolute best experience possible and you should know that you have a very unique and spectacular car. Enjoy the ride!

SkipM (07-17-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by bocatrip
Thanks for the update. It would be nice for Jaguar to resolve a fair amount of the glitches on the first model run asap. Of course there are so few cars out there at this time and that are even on these forums to get the best picture of the issues.
It appears from watching these forums and others, and talking with my dealer there are very few problems. I WISH my start / stop would go out That way I could stop having to turn it off every morning. Never heard about anyone having that brake light problem.

My problem was caused by a mistake during the assembly. The wrong sensor was fitted to the front left tire. I had far more issues with my new XJL when it first arrived.

SkipM (07-17-2013)
Old 08-17-2013, 08:58 AM

Just picked up my F Type last night and found a small issue.
The center vent that should retract and deploy when turned on and off will only retract about 70% when turned off and will not deploy at all when turned on.
You can manually lift it up however. Anybody else have this issue?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default My two issues

My two issues were the thunk from the rear springs which required a sleeve and a center console latch that opened instead of locked when the car was locked. Both fixed. I too wish I had the problem where the stop start didn't work. I expect we'll eventually have a mod that will default this "feature" off.

The only thing I don't like about the car is the trunk, I can't see why anyone in their right mind would get the spare but damned if I don't worry about not having one (have had a number of flats in other cars over the last couple years).

Still think the car is magical though, most fun you can buy on 4 wheels.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm new to forums (fora?) but would a sticky with a poll of items that had maybe failed engine/trans/dif/electrical/steering whatever allow us to collect a big picture on issues and their incidence?

Paul F

bocatrip (08-18-2013)
Old 08-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Paulfcdx
I'm new to forums (fora?) but would a sticky with a poll of items that had maybe failed engine/trans/dif/electrical/steering whatever allow us to collect a big picture on issues and their incidence?

Paul F
Good idea!

Old 08-19-2013, 09:14 AM

My neighbor's brake light/stop-start issue was remedied by replacing the brake light switch (which may be more of a "module" than a switch these days), at any rate, it was related.