Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitting rear blackvue camera

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 04:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fitting rear blackvue camera

Hi
Purchased a Blackvue 650 front and rear camera set for recording journeys and incidents. Any suggestions on how to run the cable from the rear to the front?

Front camera is installed behind the rear view mirror, and rear camera is installed centrally at top of glass.

HD quality is good, and easy to view on iPhone using Blackvue app.

David

Old 02-21-2015, 06:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by wilky
Hi
Purchased a Blackvue 650 front and rear camera set for recording journeys and incidents. Any suggestions on how to run the cable from the rear to the front?

Front camera is installed behind the rear view mirror, and rear camera is installed centrally at top of glass.

HD quality is good, and easy to view on iPhone using Blackvue app.

David
Hi David,

I'm afraid I can't help with suggestions, but I did want to give you a heads up about a potential issue with the mounting of your front camera.

Questions... Do you have auto dimming high beams? If so, have you driven at night yet with the new camera mounted?

I recently attached a suction cup mount to the windscreen directly below (in front of) the rearview mirror (to hold an iPhone). During the day, all was fine, but the first time I went out at night, I started getting all sorts of odd error messages on my console until I realized the mount was directly in the path of the forward facing light sensor on the front of the rearview mirror that detects oncoming vehicles and auto-dips your high beams. I remove the suction mount and all the errors cleared immediately.

It might not affect you, but you might like to check it out.

Cheers,
Oz

Old 02-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OzRisk
the mount was directly in the path of the forward facing light sensor on the front of the rearview mirror
Thanks Oz. I've placed it to the left of the mirror, right at the top, so isn't in the way of the sensor (left hand side being passenger side, as I'm driving on the correct side of the road

So, have pushed the wires up into the roof lining across the front of the windscreen, between the upright and roof joint and then behind the rubber door seal all the way to the rear. I've taken the power the same route and then dropped that down behind the seat to use the 12V socket in the centre console. May try and find a route under the plastic trim into the centre console when I have a moment.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by wilky
left hand side being passenger side, as I'm driving on the correct side of the road
Isn't the left side of the road the only truly correct side for a Jag?

Old 02-21-2015, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Isn't the left side of the road the only truly correct side for a Jag?
It certainly is in this country for any fast car!