F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing Dashboard / Dead Car!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing Dashboard / Dead Car!

Hello all! I have a 2016 F-Type with 1,100 miles. I am down at the beach enjoying the drive with the top down whe the dashboard light started flashing and i lost power. I pulled over, stopped and restarted and everything seemed back in order. Later that day the car would not start. Jag road side assistance try to jump start me but nothing worked. Now being towed back tobthe dealer. Anyone ever have this experience? If so, what was the issue? Let me know. Thanks!
~ Mark

Old 07-25-2016, 09:18 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Mark,

I've moved your question from Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center to F-Type forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

(the Feedback & Suggestion Center is not for technical questions. it's for posts about the forum)

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 07-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hopefully your dealer will have it fixed for you with an explanation as to what was wrong before you have to worry about it yourself too much.

In the meantime try and be more specific. What do you mean exactly by dashboard light?

Old 07-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkW
Hello all! I have a 2016 F-Type with 1,100 miles. I am down at the beach enjoying the drive with the top down whe the dashboard light started flashing and i lost power. I pulled over, stopped and restarted and everything seemed back in order. Later that day the car would not start. Jag road side assistance try to jump start me but nothing worked. Now being towed back tobthe dealer. Anyone ever have this experience? If so, what was the issue? Let me know. Thanks!
~ Mark
1. When you say "did not start" , do you mean the engine wouldn't turn over, or do you mean it would turn over, but not fire up?
2. Did Jag Roadside try connecting to the battery or did they connect at the terminals in the engine compartment?

It could be nothing more than a loose battery cable.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkW
~ Mark
Yes.

Although it happened to me shortly after arriving home.

The only way to get the car to restart (given that JRA couldn't get at the battery as nothing electrical was working despite the voltage at the jump start terminals being over 12v), was to disconnect the power leads from the main fuse board.

It thn started fine. A trip to the dealers suggested that the main Earth connection was loose...

HTH