F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Footrest For F Type Photos

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 02:12 PM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts
Default Footrest For F Type Photos

I received the footrest, Jaguar part # T2R11322 today from Rimmer Bros. in England. Transit time to California was about 3 weeks by mail. I have attached photos of the part and a scan of the installation instructions. The instructions don't quite match the parts supplied. As you can see, the mounting studs are part of the metal part of the footrest (Part B). The instructions indicate that once determining where you want the footrest to be located, you need to drill three 7mm diameter holes 15mm deep. Then you insert the female half (Part C) of the plastic anchors in each hole.

I assume that you don't use the little threaded male parts of the anchors (Part D) but just push the metal and rubber footrest assembly (Parts A & B) into the anchors and the threaded studs that are part of Part B expand the anchors and secure it in place. Has anyone installed this item recently and do I have it right ?

My only concern is what exactly am I drilling through on the firewall ? Any risk of causing a future rust issue at those holes ?

Last edited by Dwight Frye; 05-17-2021 at 02:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
OzXFR (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Jaguar guides/instructions are some of the worst I have ever seen. Rarely do they use words...mostly just pictures, and you have to guess. What is laid out here makes 0 sense to me, and does not even seem relevant with the parts you have there.

My guess (and it is just that, as we are left to interpret cave drawings for instructions), is that you align the three holes, to the protruding bolts on the back of the metal piece, and you insert the grommets, but NOT the plastic crews. When you press the metal piece and associated 3 bolts into the plastic grommet rings, it would spread them out (like the plastic bolts would) and should secure it. I do not see any other way from what is pictured??

Also, you are fine to drill there, just do not go too deep (beyond the 15 mm indicated)

Good luck.

DC

PS...I put these on mine and have no issues...

Last edited by Therock88; 05-17-2021 at 02:32 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Therock88:
datriani (05-18-2021), Sparky H (05-18-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 02:37 PM
Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwight Frye
I received the footrest, Jaguar part # T2R11322 today from Rimmer Bros. in England. Transit time to California was about 3 weeks by mail. I have attached photos of the part and a scan of the installation instructions. The instructions don't quite match the parts supplied. As you can see, the mounting studs are part of the metal part of the footrest (Part B). The instructions indicate that once determining where you want the footrest to be located, you need to drill three 7mm diameter holes 15mm deep. Then you insert the female half (Part C) of the plastic anchors in each hole.

I assume that you don't use the little threaded male parts of the anchors (Part D) but just push the metal and rubber footrest assembly (Parts A & B) into the anchors and the threaded studs that are part of Part B expand the anchors and secure it in place. Has anyone installed this item recently and do I have it right ?

My only concern is what exactly am I drilling through on the firewall ? Any risk of causing a future rust issue at those holes ?

I have the same part and from what I can tell, you are correct, drill a small hole for the female plug and the metal threads will push in. I tested it by taking the plastic screw out and it was snug. As far as spacing I think it looked best about 2.5 inches from where the floor meets the vertical panel and about as far to the left as possible so it doesnt have an overhang. That position seems to line up with the bottom of the factory pedals (approx.) and will actually be right in the middle of about where I would put my foot.

Last edited by gg2684; 05-17-2021 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Great timing, I am expecting delivery of my footrest from Rimmer Bros any day now possibly today!

Old 05-17-2021, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

I don't understand having to get from Rimmer. I had no problem finding a dealer that had one.

Old 05-17-2021, 08:40 PM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
Jaguar guides/instructions are some of the worst I have ever seen. Rarely do they use words...mostly just pictures, and you have to guess. What is laid out here makes 0 sense to me, and does not even seem relevant with the parts you have there.

My guess (and it is just that, as we are left to interpret cave drawings for instructions), is that you align the three holes, to the protruding bolts on the back of the metal piece, and you insert the grommets, but NOT the plastic crews. When you press the metal piece and associated 3 bolts into the plastic grommet rings, it would spread them out (like the plastic bolts would) and should secure it. I do not see any other way from what is pictured??

Also, you are fine to drill there, just do not go too deep (beyond the 15 mm indicated)

Good luck.

DC

Thanks for your photo, rock88, it sure looks like your purchased foot rest fits right in with the petal design of the F type, unlike what was purchased from Rimmer by the OP. It would appear you got yours from a different supplier. If so, would you share who that was, part number (s) and a cost?
And not that it matters, if the F type is the "halo" vehicle coming out of the Jaguar assortment of vehicles, why is it that their design doesn't include a foot rest? I might understand if it was a manual transmission car, but with the R model (the top end of the model) and nothing but the ZF automatic, I think over looking that detail is sad...and ridiculous! Yep, I love my new 2021 R model, but no foot rest on a GT car seems quite strange (putting it nicely).

Old 05-17-2021, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tzoid9
Thanks for your photo, rock88, it sure looks like your purchased foot rest fits right in with the petal design of the F type, unlike what was purchased from Rimmer by the OP. It would appear you got yours from a different supplier. If so, would you share who that was, part number (s) and a cost?
And not that it matters, if the F type is the "halo" vehicle coming out of the Jaguar assortment of vehicles, why is it that their design doesn't include a foot rest? I might understand if it was a manual transmission car, but with the R model (the top end of the model) and nothing but the ZF automatic, I think over looking that detail is sad...and ridiculous! Yep, I love my new 2021 R model, but no foot rest on a GT car seems quite strange (putting it nicely).
You have it back to front.
Rock's set is after-market and not OEM whilst the OP's item from Rimmer Bros is the official JLR OEM article which matches the optional OEM polished go and whoa pedal covers.
It's just that the OEM items are a lot more expensive than Rock's set and that the OEM items pretty much never come as a set of all three, you can get the pedal covers as a set and the footrest as a separate thing.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:50 PM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

I just checked and you’re right! I was going from memory when I responded and confused the pedals on both my Mercedes’s with the new Jaguar F type R I just bought. I can see where the Rimmer purchased foot rest is the same. But I still think it’s foolish that the Jag doesn’t have a foot rest.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:01 PM
Received 163 Likes on 104 Posts

is the drilling just carpet and underlay or is it into metal ??

Old 05-17-2021, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Borbor
is the drilling just carpet and underlay or is it into metal ??
By all reports it's just carpet and underlay and no metal.
I guess that is why the directions specify 15 mm max hole depth, any further and you risk hitting metal.
I'll be drilling these holes soon and will report back!

Edit - Dwight & Rock - I reckon I have figured out what is going on with the fitting instructions:
Panels 4 and 5 are telling you to screw the scrivets into the plugs and then to unscrew them and take them out.
I guess this is so as to widen the bases/plugs and/or "prime" them to properly take the threaded sections/prongs on the metal part of the footrest.

Last edited by OzXFR; 05-17-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-18-2021, 04:42 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Edit - Dwight & Rock - I reckon I have figured out what is going on with the fitting instructions:
Panels 4 and 5 are telling you to screw the scrivets into the plugs and then to unscrew them and take them out.
I guess this is so as to widen the bases/plugs and/or "prime" them to properly take the threaded sections/prongs on the metal part of the footrest.
This is exactly how I understand it as well.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:35 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Jaguar guides/instructions are some of the worst I have ever seen. Rarely do they use words...mostly just pictures
But a picture is worth a thousand words! Want to wade through 6,000 words?

Old 05-18-2021, 05:59 AM
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bjg625
I don't understand having to get from Rimmer. I had no problem finding a dealer that had one.
I ordered one last week, $49.00 shipped from Rimmer, best deal by far that I could find

Old 05-18-2021, 06:00 AM
Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts

I just did gas and brake pedal. Ordered the factory set from PA dealer. Install was not bad. I will caution about over tightening them as the rubber is sandwiched between an give to the sense they are not tight. I pulled a weld stud off
but was able to fix it. I am usually more careful with this stuff. I ordered my footrest from Rimmer Bro's over the weekend. I suspect the install won't be difficult. On drill depth a piece of tape on the bit is usually enough to make sure
you don't go to deep.

I like rocks pedals better then the factory but could not find them anywhere!

Old 05-18-2021, 06:11 AM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Good luck.

DC

I like Mr. DC's covers....can you share the link for the set?
Thank You Sir...Sparkmeister

Old 05-18-2021, 07:23 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

OzXFR and JacksonvilleJag, I looked at the instructions again and believe that you have it correct. You are to insert the plugs, Parts C into the holes, then thread in the screws, Parts D to expand the plugs and anchor them, and then back out the screws. After that I suppose you just line up the studs on the footrest with the holes and give it a few raps with the heel of your hand to seat it in place. Good to know that one is not drilling through the metal firewall. I'll be sure to wrap some tape around the drill bit to mark the 15mm depth point.

Please let us know how your installation goes. I like how the little clock icon on the cover page of the instructions shows that it should only take 20 minutes to do the job. We'll see.......

Last edited by Dwight Frye; 05-18-2021 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2021, 07:30 AM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

I bought one off Ebay that looks like the OEM gas and brake pedal. It is adhesive backed and looks great for $40 shipped from Poland.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:16 AM
Received 303 Likes on 198 Posts

Ok, so it appears from the diagrams: 1) use the black piece to mark placement for the drill holes.(steps 1&2) Then, use the female 'nuts' part C by themselves, and press them in those newly drilled holes (Step 3). Then, take your screwdriver and the screws, part D that came in the 'nuts' and screw them into the newly seated 'nuts' Step 4; then, BACK OUT those screws, step 5. Then step 6, put part B through part A (the studs should be sticking out the back), and press fit all that into the 'nuts' that have been 'stretched' and pressed into your drilled holes. If you compared step 3 diagram with Step 4 diagram for part C, you can see where those little 'legs' look like they've been pushed apart. Hope this helps!

Old 05-18-2021, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 318 Posts

This is mine

The following users liked this post:
Sparky H (05-19-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by tzoid9
Hi...Thanks, and yes, it fits very well. HAs been on for a while now too with no issues (all of the pedals were changed at the same time). As I recall, I ordered on eBay, and just tried a set that said they fit Jaguar, as I could not find any that were specific to F-Type, or if I did, I was asked to remove a kidney and send as payment. I do not seem to be able to find that exact set any longer, but I think they were only ~$50 or less. And they are holding up very well. They are just pedals...So I was not/am not concerned about them coming from Jaguar.

Here is a link to a similar set...Good luck. Link to Ebay. This set comes from China
And another Link

DC

Quick Reply: Footrest For F Type Photos