F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Former M4 Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 06:06 PM
Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sov211

Sometimes I get the impression that I am the only person alive who remembers what an automobile is for, and what aspects of an automobile contribute to the experience of driving. For me the infotainment system is WAY down on the list of attributes I look for...if I need to use an I-pad I stay home where it is safe to use it. When I am driving I have other things to concentrate on (like the pedestrians, cyclists and other cars near me) and sensations to enjoy (the sound of the exhaust, the performance, the smell of the leather, the awareness that my F-Type coupe is the most beautiful machine on the road....). The moment a car, any car, leaves the dealer's lot its infotainment system is already on its way to being yesterday's technology -to purchase or reject a particular car for its infotainment system is to miss the point entirely.
(I am a recovering BMW owner).
SOV211 nails it with the comments above.

Its about the character, sensations and performance to me. My SVR has it in spades over the M4...its more exotic, sounds way better and and it's faster! I've owned BMW M's and AMG's and my buddy I drive with all the time has the new M4 as well (pic below). I love his M4 but not like I love the Jag. To me, they are very different in nature, the Jag just feels more special. The Meridian sound system is great in my SVR and infotainment does all the tasks I really need it to do but that would be at the bottom of my list anyway.