F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum Feeler: Gauging Interest in Longtube Headers and 3" X-pipe for F Type R's

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I may be interested in the x pipe, exhaust, HFC if there is one. What is being fabricated currently?

Old 02-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers and 3" X - pipe I'm interested

I am interested please let me know when you have it available. Thank you

yes I want one ASAP

Originally Posted by VMaxTuning
Gentlemen,

In mid Jan we have a gap in our exhaust fabrication schedule, long enough to fit in say a 2016 Jag F Type R for some 1 7/8" longtube headers and 3" X-pipe (which would bolt-up to your existing catback so the Dynamic Exhaust would not be effected). All the power in an exhaust is made up front so we aren't losing much if anything by not going all the way to the tips.

The five most important aspect of LT Header Design are:

1) Primary diameter, 1 7/8” is the proper size based on engine and supercharger displacement, and the rpm limitations of the AJ Series III SC V8s.

2) Primary length, the longer the more torque and HP you make period. We always maximize our designs to account for this.

3) Collector design, our cone/spike merge collectors with calculated diameter neckdown will again be optimized for the specific application.

4) Amount of Primary entering the collector at zero angle, or how much of the primary's are perpendicular to each other before entering the collector.

5) No non-parallel cut and welds. Even a single cheater bend will destroy flow, factor in multiples as you often see from manufacturers using pre-bent 30/45/60/90 degree tubing and kiss your HP and TQ gains goodbye.

We use 100% U.S. Stainless Steel, 316 flanges and merge collectors, and 304 tubing (.065" thickness, not .045" like much of the market), with inert gas backpurged TIG welds to ensure the inside of the welds are as smooth as the outside. We mandrel bend our own tubing for significantly less cut and welds. We offer a Lifetime Warranty on all exhausts, if there are any issues we will remedy them immediately and/or replace anything defective on our dime. These exhausts are built from a quality standpoint to outlast your car.

Our exhausts are 100% bolt-on in design, meaning you can always remove them and go back to stock if you sell the car--then resell the exhaust to another owner to recoup some funds. Exhausts will be available with and without 200cpi metallic substrate catalytic converters that are 49 state legal (CA legality pending) and will pass OBD emissions readiness testing. No check engine light guaranteed with or without catalytic converters.

After studying the OEM exhaust we anticipate gains of at least 30HP, possibly 40HP+. We would of course before/after dyno for results and have a few board members independently verify gains via dyno, track and VBox as well.

I realize there have been a few threads and manufacturers that have attempted to make headers for these engines so far and did not hit their intended HP and TQ goals. We have no doubt we'll make what's quoted above, in addition to lowering EGTs (which never hurts) and EGT related ECU timing pull (as well as cat protection temp ECU timing pull). So what we are asking is, if we can prove the gains how many people would be interested in such a product?

Thank you for your input!

Last edited by Cambo; 02-20-2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: fixed quote