F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2024, 08:35 PM
Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts
Default Free Sirius Radio

For anyone who is not already a subscriber Sirius satellite radio is free now through June 3.

Sirius typically does this free promotion every year around Memorial Day and Labor Day.

The following 3 users liked this post by cpq100:
Carbuff2 (05-25-2024), Crackle (05-24-2024), RUT23 (05-26-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 07:24 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Didn't John McEnroe say "you cannot be Sirius"?

The following 2 users liked this post by scm:
DJS (05-24-2024), Pauluucho (05-27-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 09:18 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

I have had Sirius XM radio in my vehicles since 2009. I hated having to play the game where I called them a few days before the subscription was about to expire and threatened to cancel just to get some person in their call center in India or wherever to offer me a special promotional rate again.
Several months ago they finally decided to stop that nonsense and just have a flat rate available all the time. I think mine runs about $12 per month now with taxes and fees for the expanded channel selection. Where I live in the mountains I can barely pick up any terrestrial radio stations so satellite radio is well worth it to me. Or at least is for around $12 a month. I just wish the fidelity was better, I think it isn't even as good as FM radio.

Old 05-24-2024, 09:32 AM
Received 440 Likes on 236 Posts

I've never paid more than $6/month plus fees for SiriusXM (and I've been a customer since back in the XM only days). Yes, you have to play the game but it's not really worth more than that to me now. Currently paying $5/month for the F-Type, good for a year.

The following users liked this post:
Chuckster (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 10:29 AM
Received 121 Likes on 51 Posts

My new to me ‘15 XKR got 3 months free. I got an admin the mail, that says 3 more months fee if I enroll before the expiration of the 3 month trial. There’s no mention of cost. I previously cancelled it on othe vehicles, but have it on a home receiver, thst come with streaming. So, my other car that has Bluetooth streaming, I stream my phone. But, the XK doesn’t have Bluetooth streaming…so I’ll probably get a Sirius subscription on it.

oh I just found the fine print. Looks like the going rate is $24/month …that’s too much.

Old 05-25-2024, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 588 Likes on 401 Posts

Thanks for the tip, but I'm happy with my "USB" plan. It's free and, amazingly, ALL of the music is stuff I like. Putting music into folders (sometimes duplicated in multiple folders) is like have multiple channels. You can pick Oldies, Classic Rock, Pink Floyd ..., or just shuffle. There's even a section for audio books and the video of Clarkson's F-Type review at hand. Casual admirers love it.

scm (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 08:14 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

I have a couple of 64 Gb USB sticks loaded with music from my large CD collection. I use a program called Exact Audio Copy which is a free download and copy all of the files using the FLAC method for the highest quality sound. I do like uncheel and make folders according to artist or in a few cases by genre and only copy the songs I like. I can tell you that a 64 Gb USB stick holds A LOT of songs.

I didn't know that a video file would play from the USB drive to the infotainment screen. Not that i would be watching video content in my car, but was there anything special in the process that needed to be done to get it to work ?

Old 05-26-2024, 01:01 PM
Received 89 Likes on 41 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the heads up! Very seldom do I listen to the radio though, sound of exhaust is so addictive!

scm (05-27-2024)
Old 05-29-2024, 07:40 AM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
I've never paid more than $6/month plus fees for SiriusXM (and I've been a customer since back in the XM only days). Yes, you have to play the game but it's not really worth more than that to me now. Currently paying $5/month for the F-Type, good for a year.
For whatever reason SiriusXM gave me 3 months free again after owning the car for years. The rate to keep it for a year is the same as you $5/month for the first year. I may do it but seems to be a pain trying to scan channels in the F Type unless I am missing something. In addition, I am in Phoenix so not the sticks, and I lose connection under a bridge or even pulling into my small garage. Seems odd for 2024.

Old 05-29-2024, 07:55 AM
Received 440 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Whatsnext
I may do it but seems to be a pain trying to scan channels in the F Type unless I am missing something.
Just like FM/AM, you should be able to sequentially go up/down through the channels using the screen and press the "star" icon next to a channel to make it a favorite. Then when you're using the steering wheel controls you can up/down through just your favorites.

Not sure about reception though. If you have a convertible, the antenna is mounted into the underside of the trunk lid so it is lower and more susceptible to drop-outs but mine has been pretty robust here in the Northeast. In certain places, I will get the drop-outs under bridges or in valleys with tall trees, but overall it's acceptable.

Old 07-06-2024, 01:32 PM
Received 121 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
Just like FM/AM, you should be able to sequentially go up/down through the channels using the screen and press the "star" icon next to a channel to make it a favorite. Then when you're using the steering wheel controls you can up/down through just your favorites.

Not sure about reception though. If you have a convertible, the antenna is mounted into the underside of the trunk lid so it is lower and more susceptible to drop-outs but mine has been pretty robust here in the Northeast. In certain places, I will get the drop-outs under bridges or in valleys with tall trees, but overall it's acceptable.
I have a ‘vert, and it drops out when I’m stopped at many traffic light controlled intersections. My other vehicles with Sirius do it occasionally, but not as much as my XK-R.

Edit: I’m still on my fee 3 month trial. The latest offer I received for renewal is $5/ month for 1 year. That’s reasonable, and I’m going to go with it.

Last edited by XKDreams; 07-07-2024 at 01:04 PM.