F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumper help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 04:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Front bumper help!

Hey Jaggy People, I am in need of some help. The F type was in an unfortunate accident. Guy went to merge onto a multi lane rd, my turn I look to left to see if it is clear and as I roll forward he is there... stopped dead. Needless to say his car is fine and mine needs a lot of work. I am really struggling to source a new front bumper cover right now with the current market situation. I am looking into some aftermarket options if it can help me move the timeline up a little. I know our cars are rare in the grand scheme of the sports car world so not a lot is available. I am not someone who wants a pimped out car but I am open to oem+ styling, tasteful carbon bits, etc.

Here are 2 links that I am considering and wondering if anyone has any experience with these products, will they fit a US spec model and will I look like a jack wagon having one of these bumpers on when I roll up to the club meet ups.

https://www.vehiclerevolution.com/bo...2018-2019.html (SVR Style but will certainly be leaving my S badging)

https://www.vip-design.london/produc...-front-bumper/ (This one has less info)

A sad girl

A happy girl

Thanks!

Ryan

Old 07-14-2022, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 736 Posts

I quick check on ebay turned up one in a different color for $500. The grille inset might be the more difficult part but it's possible that someone who has done a P7 swap would have one they'd be willing to part with.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:18 PM

Thanks! unfortunately a lot more than just the bumper cover was damaged. I did see some on ebay but I am going through insurance to have it fixed. Most of the bumpers I have found on there have broken tabs or are cracked. I want to utilize the fact I pay a good amount for insurance I want it done right and looking great. But I don't want my entire summer gone waiting for it to be done. The first link seems to have everything, side grills, air ducts, under shield etc.

Old 07-14-2022, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by FTypeRyan
Thanks! unfortunately a lot more than just the bumper cover was damaged. I did see some on ebay but I am going through insurance to have it fixed. Most of the bumpers I have found on there have broken tabs or are cracked. I want to utilize the fact I pay a good amount for insurance I want it done right and looking great. But I don't want my entire summer gone waiting for it to be done. The first link seems to have everything, side grills, air ducts, under shield etc.
Ah, got it. That being the case I don't think either option would be bad. There's enough variation between years now only someone really familiar with the F-Type would notice at a local meet. Both are close enough to at least one of the factory configurations to pass in casual company.

Old 07-14-2022, 09:11 PM
Received 311 Likes on 201 Posts
Default It's really your choice

I like your second option better... I'm not a big fan of those huge black holes. I used to like Civics, but now they are styled with those large openings. The Predator style would be my choice. The other options suggested are all excellent. I know you're anxious to get the car back in good-looking order, but! Good things to come to those who wait. Check out the classifieds on this site as well as jaglovers

https://forums.jag-lovers.com/c/classifieds/43

Old 07-15-2022, 01:38 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd be very cautious and would not recommend buying from vehiclerevolution. Especially for that amount of money. There is a thread here on undelivered p7 style grills and lack of customer service/response.

The following users liked this post:
skizot (07-15-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 06:10 AM
Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

LKQ Broadway in NY is showing a used front bumper assembly.
Look it up on car-part.com, it may work.

Old 07-15-2022, 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=Valerie Stabenow;2545223]I like your second option better... I'm not a big fan of those huge black holes. I used to like Civics, but now they are styled with those large openings. The Predator style would be my choice. The other options suggested are all excellent. I know you're anxious to get the car back in good-looking order, but! Good things to come to those who wait. Check out the classifieds on this site as well as jaglovers

Thank you! I am also a fan of the more modest look the second one offers. Cheers

Old 07-15-2022, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by OneTinyFatGuy
I'd be very cautious and would not recommend buying from vehiclerevolution. Especially for that amount of money. There is a thread here on undelivered p7 style grills and lack of customer service/response.
That is good info! That is the other part of this that worries me is because not many people modify our cars it seems, there isn't much info on reputation of these places. Thanks

Old 07-15-2022, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by davidmaria1
LKQ Broadway in NY is showing a used front bumper assembly.
Look it up on car-part.com, it may work.
Thank you David! I appreciate the looking out for me!