Sponsored by:

Front Parking Aid Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 01:35 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by TheFrenchJag
I am experiencing the same problem on my F-Type, sometimes sensors work perfectly, sometime I get the sound but no graphics on the display and from time to time I get a continuous beep with light flashing + a message on the display saying sensors are not working and I should check with the dealer. It seems to me to be a software issue but just wanted to make sure.
The first thing I'd do when experiencing random failures is make sure my battery is fully charged - that'd eliminate that from any diagnostics. Less than optimal voltage can give rise to spurious errors.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:33 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by TheFrenchJag
Hi everyone, I have been following this forum for about 6 months (as soon as I got the car actually) and I am experiencing the same problem.

@jmfan, did you get that fixed? I am experiencing the same problem on my F-Type, sometimes sensors work perfectly, sometime I get the sound but no graphics on the display and from time to time I get a continuous beep with light flashing + a message on the display saying sensors are not working and I should check with the dealer. It seems to me to be a software issue but just wanted to make sure.
The intermittent front parking sensor problem went away with a software update on my 2014 F-Type. I still never got the ability to have the front sensors automatically activate at low speeds, as I believe early F-Types were not equipped to allow this feature. This is the same for my 2017 XF.

I am not 100% certain, but I believe the automatic front parking sensor activation feature only became available in Jaguar models starting with the 2018 model year.

I just bought a 2020 Range Rover Velar and the front parking sensors activate automatically at low speeds, without having to do anything, and they work great. Never have an issue with the sensors false activating in traffic, so this is not a problem.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:49 PM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

I think you're right. The early models you had to go in reverse first, then back to drive or maybe push the button. Our new F Pace, it comes on automatically, or so it seems.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:52 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by jmfan
I am not 100% certain, but I believe the automatic front parking sensor activation feature only became available in Jaguar models starting with the 2018 model year.
As far as I can tell they don't work that way on my MY18 - I've never noticed them come on at low forward speeds, only when I select reverse, after which they stay on if I drive forward at low speed.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:26 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
As far as I can tell they don't work that way on my MY18 - I've never noticed them come on at low forward speeds, only when I select reverse, after which they stay on if I drive forward at low speed.
Honestly, I don’t have enough experience with the newer F-Type’s to know if they even have the auto front parking sensor option available now. I learned that Jaguar had started making this feature available when I had an F-Pace loaner last year. I noticed in the instrument cluster menu screen settings controlled by the steering wheel stalk (not infotainment touchscreen settings) that there was a toggle setting to activate the front sensors automatically. This vehicle had the front sensors turned off and I successfully activated them. You might want to check there to see if they are turned off. Again, I am not sure the F-Type offers auto front sensors. It is not clear for the literature I have read.