F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Splash Guards

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 03:44 PM
Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Front Splash Guards

I would love to get some nice looking front splash guards for my 2016 R. Does anybody know of any options? Can't find anything when searching google. Is there anybody that has them on there F Type?

Old 04-29-2020, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by FIRE550
I would love to get some nice looking front splash guards for my 2016 R. Does anybody know of any options? Can't find anything when searching google. Is there anybody that has them on there F Type?

Check my post #21 & 24 etc. here.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-230527/page2/

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 04-29-2020 at 04:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Cosshog (08-09-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Check my post #21 & 24 etc. here.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-230527/page2/

DC
Hey man awesome!! Thank you for this. This looks great and isn't ugly, huge bonus.
Do they do the job as far as protecting? The inside lip where these arches get installed are starting to get little rock chips and I want that covered.

Last edited by FIRE550; 04-29-2020 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member

Hey man awesome!! Thank you for this. This looks great and isn't ugly, huge bonus.
Do they do the job as far as protecting? The inside lip where these arches get installed are starting to get little rock chips and I want that covered.
Yes..I think they do the job as they should. Nothing is fool proof, but they work well. You hardly notice them when on the car and my car is white. I also had the front, rear, and lower panels wrapped with clear Xpel....so should be good.

JgaXkr (04-29-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 09:32 PM

Yes..I think they do the job as they should. Nothing is fool proof, but they work well. You hardly notice them when on the car and my car is white. I also had the front, rear, and lower panels wrapped with clear Xpel....so should be good.

I read your install tips and I'm going to follow them to a tee. Only thing is can you describe more what you mean for putting notches in the guard for where the clips go? Like how did you accomplish this, what tool did you use to make the notches, a Dremel?
Any issues with the guard not staying tight to the fender lip after install?
I appreciate your insight and help very much.

*Also you are right the *Britcar is by far the cheapest by like half the cost then places in the U.S. (ridiculous).
I'll probably order from them but it sucks that it will take 3-6 weeks with international shipping.
THANKS -

Old 04-29-2020, 10:32 PM

@Therock88 Your car is beautiful by the way. Can never go wrong with white with black accents.

Here is a picture of mine.

Phantomf4collector (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 12:24 AM
Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

This is exactly what I was thinking the other day....As I cut small strips of 3M clear wrap and applied them to the small wheel well lips on all four corners of my car to help cut down chips and sand blasting effects from driving on the crappy Pennsylvania highways. Then I thought about the spats I had put on my 2010 XKR! They are thin and use tape and clips vs the screwed in type they use on the FType rear, But I wasn’t sure about the length until now. I’m ordering them!

I just ordered them, plus a new “p” button for my shifter. 71.73 Euro delivered. Paypal converts that to 93.04 USD ? Which is not the exchange rate...hmmmm

Last edited by Tp10XKR; 04-30-2020 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:24 AM
Veteran Member

I read your install tips and I'm going to follow them to a tee. Only thing is can you describe more what you mean for putting notches in the guard for where the clips go? Like how did you accomplish this, what tool did you use to make the notches, a Dremel?
Any issues with the guard not staying tight to the fender lip after install?
I appreciate your insight and help very much.

*Also you are right the *Britcar is by far the cheapest by like half the cost then places in the U.S. (ridiculous).
I'll probably order from them but it sucks that it will take 3-6 weeks with international shipping.
THANKS -
This picture has the tool I used in it. Just an Exacto Knife (or any razor). The flat blade on this one helps make the notches squared. You just need to remove a little of the material so the clip can be pushed on farther to stick better. That plus the 3M moulding tape makes them very secure..See second and 3rd pics for the notch and how it allows clips to push on farther. The material is a semi-hard rubber, and easy to cut with a sharp razor.

DC

The following 2 users liked this post by Therock88:
Carbuff2 (04-30-2020), JacksonvilleJag (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 09:10 AM

@Therock88
Thank you!
You did use all six clips for each side? Or did you use less because you used 3m tape as well?

Old 04-30-2020, 09:29 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Just placed my order with Brit Car. Thanks Rock.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

oh guys, just get them off ebay, i got mine for 34 bucks, new and authentic. they have few left
the seller is rusnakjaguarparts4u
now that I think of it, I wish i got two

Old 04-30-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by ahmad.366
oh guys, just get them off ebay, i got mine for 34 bucks, new and authentic. they have few left
the seller is rusnakjaguarparts4u
now that I think of it, I wish i got two
Not sure where you got yours from but I just did a search on ebay with those part numbers, all 3 of them and nada.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:34 AM

I ended up getting mine through my local Jag dealership. They wanted 45 bucks originally but I got them down to 35.64 each and I got the clips at a 1.40 each. About 25 bucks more then Britcar but I didn't want to wait 3-6 weeks for international shipping. Probably longer then that with this virus crap.
Ill have them tomorrow now.

Old 04-30-2020, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member

@Therock88
Thank you!
You did use all six clips for each side? Or did you use less because you used 3m tape as well?
I would use them all. Want it stuck on there as well as you can. Not sure what the dude with the eBay Ad was talking about?

DC

Old 04-30-2020, 04:22 PM

I would use them all. Want it stuck on there as well as you can. Not sure what the dude with the eBay Ad was talking about?

DC
Hey Rock - I really appreciate you hooking me up with this option/mod , really pumped about it. They look great and do exactly what I want them to do. Basically protect the lip rolled in part there. I haven't had any problems with chips on my ground effects or door so that is not my main focus.
I had my car paint protected, xpel'd, and ceramic coated. Not sure why the hell I didn't do that part (dumb).
Only did whole front bumper and hood, A - pillars, and my side mirrors.
Don't want to bother you to much with questions but I do have two more for you. Then I should be able to leave ya alone.
1. How did you know where to put the notches you cut?
Did you put the guard in place first on the car and just mark location of where the clips would go?
2. Finally - I know you cut off the top two tabs, which I plan on doing as well .......but why is the very top tab not cut flush like the other one? Why is it indented some?

Thanks .......

Last edited by FIRE550; 04-30-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member

Hey Rock - I really appreciate you hooking me up with this option/mod , really pumped about it. They look great and do exactly what I want them to do. Basically protect the lip rolled in part there. I haven't had any problems with chips on my ground effects or door so that is not my main focus.
I had my car paint protected, xpel'd, and ceramic coated. Not sure why the hell I didn't do that part (dumb).
Only did whole front bumper and hood, A - pillars, and my side mirrors.
Don't want to bother you to much with questions but I do have two more for you. Then I should be able to leave ya alone.
1. How did you know where to put the notches you cut?
Did you put the guard in place first on the car and just mark location of where the clips would go?
2. Finally - I know you cut off the top two tabs, which I plan on doing as well .......but why is the very top tab not cut flush like the other one? Why is it indented some?

Thanks .......

1.) There are already indentations and a square marked off in several spots. I would just lay on of the clips as a guide to center them in that section...Cut in about 1/16 - 1/8" notch. Does not have to be perfect. There are no particular spots on the arch where these HAVE to go.
2.) Remember (or maybe you did not read all that I wrote)...These are Rear splash guards for an XKR. They are not made for the F-Type. We are just fortunate that they align and fit nearly perfect with the F-Type front. Those tabs fold over the lip on the XKR I think....At any rate, they are not made to fit our cars...they just happen to.

DC

Old 04-30-2020, 06:09 PM

1.) There are already indentations and a square marked off in several spots. I would just lay on of the clips as a guide to center them in that section...Cut in about 1/16 - 1/8" notch. Does not have to be perfect. There are no particular spots on the arch where these HAVE to go.
2.) Remember (or maybe you did not read all that I wrote)...These are Rear splash guards for an XKR. They are not made for the F-Type. We are just fortunate that they align and fit nearly perfect with the F-Type front. Those tabs fold over the lip on the XKR I think....At any rate, they are not made to fit our cars...they just happen to.

DC
okay thank you for everything.
and yes I knew they are for the xkr.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:32 PM
Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

I had installed these spat’s on my 2010 XKR and the fold over tabs were made to keep the metal clips from contacting the aluminum body to prevent corrosion. The rest of the clips attached on the rubber bumper arch so no tabs needed.

I know on our F-Types the rolled over arch is very narrow in some places along the wheel arch and the entire contact area is aluminum which could be a concern for some. I will apply 3M tape along the whole length and try to use less clips if possible. But then again, I don’t drive my car in the inclement weather.

patiently awaiting my ordered parts.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Tp10XKR
I had installed these spat’s on my 2010 XKR and the fold over tabs were made to keep the metal clips from contacting the aluminum body to prevent corrosion. The rest of the clips attached on the rubber bumper arch so no tabs needed.

I know on our F-Types the rolled over arch is very narrow in some places along the wheel arch and the entire contact area is aluminum which could be a concern for some. I will apply 3M tape along the whole length and try to use less clips if possible. But then again, I don’t drive my car in the inclement weather.

patiently awaiting my ordered parts.
I wouldn't be worried about the clips contacting aluminium as the only contact points on the bodywork are on the backs/insides of the edges of the wheels arches which are unfinished/unpainted anyway.

Therock88 (05-01-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Would these fit on MY18? I noticed everyone on this thread has MY14 - MY17.

Quick Reply: Front Splash Guards