Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel Rail removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 04:05 PM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default fuel Rail removal

Hello everyone,

Sent out the super charger to have it ported and in the meantime decided to install new plugs, fuel injectors, hoses, etc. Following the manual and threads on this forum I am at the stage of pulling the fuel rail up and off the injectors however the rail will not move, and I am afraid of putting too much force and breaking something. The fuel system has been depressurized and all bolts/electrical clips have been disconnected. Brute force is rarely the right path so any recommendations will greatly be appreciated.

Old 01-29-2022, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Who did you send the SC too?
I have been looking into it as the TVS1900 is used on a lot of domestic cars so is very common.

Old 01-30-2022, 06:45 AM

Clubairth1,

I sent the supercharger to High-Speed Lab. I talked to the shop manager several times and they do a lot of work with the Eaton superchargers. Even though my car only has 16K it is five years old and since I am adding boost I figured it would be a good thing to have the unit inspected, oil change, etc.

The shop has a shock resistant solid coupler that has shown to work well with the TVS 1900. The porting cost around 400. They also provide thermal coating for cooler inlet charge. These are claims and I have not used High speed lab in the past, so I do want to be upfront. One item that some will find issue is the 4-to-6-week turnaround. Personally, this was not a big deal as I will not drive the f-type in Virginia snow due to the amount of salt that is applied to the roads in my area.

I am taking the time to replace plugs, injectors, upgraded radiator, and the coolant hoses known to crack and leak. Let me know if you have any questions

Philip

Old 01-31-2022, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Good to know and I will watch for further updates from you. That $400 is cheaper than I saw several years ago so maybe there are enough TVS1900's out there to bring the price down.

Just a comment about the solid coupler? Have you read that several people had problems with the solid coupler and ended up removing it?
Solid Coupler Problems

Not saying NOT to use one but check out that discussion and make your own decision. I ran across a great deal on a complete factory snout and purchased that as I was going with the solid one at first. Solid versions are very common with the GM guys especially the CTS-V people.

Old 01-31-2022, 01:29 PM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Very interesting! I'm here to follow the supercharger porting. Sorry that I cannot be of assistance for the fuel rail. Is there not an injector replacement DIY for the F-Type floating around on here???

Old 01-31-2022, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 608 Likes on 416 Posts

Probably here

Is there not an injector replacement DIY for the F-Type floating around on here???
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...thread-242078/

Old 02-01-2022, 07:21 AM
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by pab74
Hello everyone,

Sent out the super charger to have it ported and in the meantime decided to install new plugs, fuel injectors, hoses, etc. Following the manual and threads on this forum I am at the stage of pulling the fuel rail up and off the injectors however the rail will not move, and I am afraid of putting too much force and breaking something. The fuel system has been depressurized and all bolts/electrical clips have been disconnected. Brute force is rarely the right path so any recommendations will greatly be appreciated.
I normally use a couple bigger screwdrivers or small prybars and slowly work back and forth. Just beware, the injectors may be stuck and will need a slide hammer with special connection to remove injectors. Have had a couple get stuck so bad, i had to remove head to get out. Not a fun job.

Old 02-04-2022, 05:21 AM
Default TVS 1900 Project

Clubairth1,

Apologize for the late response. Fuel injectors on the f-type are monster, especially on the driver’s side due to the wiring harness. After initial inspection I will start having a fuel service done quarterly due to the amount of carbon build up.

I was worried about the coupler as well because of various articles on the subject. The shop owner explained that many solid couplers on the market are not high quality. The key for the solid coupler is the design in regard to the ability to absorb vibration. The statement from the shop is that their design has not experienced issues. We will see. When I contacted The High Speed Lab I told them that I wanted anything that can increase performance and reliability. Below is a copy of the invoice

nvoice summary

W1. $2,115.00 Complete rebuild service with rotor coating

$2,115.00

W2. -$200.00 Delete nosedrive rebuild service. Instead: Inspect and install new replacement performance VAP brand nosedrive as is

$0.00

W3. -$125.00 Buyout extra core nosedrive provided by customer

$0.00

W4. $399.00 Porting service

$399.00

W5. $86.00 Packaging, Instapack foam-filled form-fitted box, weight 50 LBS., 29x17x13 (box: 28x16x12)

$86.00

W6. $137.67 Shipping service label, USPS Priority service, Insured for $1,990 article value.

$137.67

W7. $0.00 Supercharger returns filled with oil, ready to install.

$0.00

Customer note in the box:

$0.00

Upon receiving my supercharger, you will notice there are two snouts. I was told by Jaguar that even though my Jaguar f-type is a 2017 model, it was built in Feb of 2016 and that certain parts changed during the model year. The snout is one of the changed parts. The snouts are identical with the exception of the coupler size. Please pay close attention when matching.

$0.00

Your team can keep the snout that is not used for a future customer, just remember the VIN difference.

$0.00

Disassembly Notes from Shop Foreman (D#):

$0.00

D1. Exterior has normal small scratches and stains.

$0.00

As I have said this will be the first time using the company. Apparently or at least stated is that the unit can be improved by tightening various tolerances to create increased erfficeny. I am not an engineer so I cannot claim to know the detail in that statement I am looking forward to data logging and sending the file to VAP once everything is back together to see where everything stand with amount of boost, and inlet tempeture. Take care

Philip

Old 02-04-2022, 05:37 AM

Rummy636,
Thank you for the reply. The passenger side injectors have been pulled and ports cleaned. I am now working the driver and to get that wiring harness out of the way has been a beast. Personally, the biggest challenge in this whole project have been the quick release connectors due to them all being different in the method to unattach without breaking. So far, the process has been successful.

I did purchase the slide hammer and fuel rail guides. What was your method for the injector closest to the driver side firewall? I have been soaking in carb cleaner prior to removal and so far, the four that are out were not too bad in removing.