F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: In the scenario described below which insurance would you take out for your F-type?
Full comprehensive insurance for $2000
95.45%
Only minimum mandatory insurance required by law for $300
0%
Something in between
4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Full comprehensive insurance (with collision) or only mandatory insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 12:01 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Black15FTR
I looked into several insurance companies on the it stays garaged and rarely driven, I am fully remote work from home for my company.
Geico had all kind of restrictions, It was supper cheap, but I had to call and register it back into policy to drive it, then back out again, NO WAY..

I had Hagerty on my 2001 WS6 heavy modded car, I was swiped off the interstate in the rain and it was totaled, but due to the high agreed price I had on the car, the shop was able to rebuild her, will all of my after market parts, no issues.

I have an 70K agreed policy on my 2015 F Type and it is cheaper than my wife's 2021 VW Areton per year and I have no deductibles and no restrictions.
Well worth it to me.
You're positive? No restrictions on how much or where you can drive? I'm surprised there could be that much difference in restrictions depending on location and the individual.

Old 03-29-2024, 12:03 PM
Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Black15FTR
I looked into several insurance companies on the it stays garaged and rarely driven, I am fully remote work from home for my company.
Geico had all kind of restrictions, It was supper cheap, but I had to call and register it back into policy to drive it, then back out again, NO WAY..

I had Hagerty on my 2001 WS6 heavy modded car, I was swiped off the interstate in the rain and it was totaled, but due to the high agreed price I had on the car, the shop was able to rebuild her, will all of my after market parts, no issues.

I have an 70K agreed policy on my 2015 F Type and it is cheaper than my wife's 2021 VW Areton per year and I have no deductibles and no restrictions.
Well worth it to me.
Probably a much worse price if it was a new F-type.

As for having to let the insurance know when the car goes in and out of storage. To each their own I guess, but I don't understand the big deal there. I have to do that, but it maps to how I will use the car here in Canada anyway, so I don't see a problem. If only doing that would deliver me an acceptable price, but it doesn't...lol... It's 2 calls. Fall, it sleeps 6 months, and then spring.

Old 03-29-2024, 12:21 PM
Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian McCann
You're positive? No restrictions on how much or where you can drive? I'm surprised there could be that much difference in restrictions depending on location and the individual.
I don't think you should be all that surprised. The actuarial side of the insurance business is insanely NOT straight-forward.

Look at me, a near 50 year old man in Canada with a perfect record and they will not even insure me unless I'm insured elsewhere for 3 years. I have the impression this is not applying in the US?

For all I know, maybe it doesn't apply in all provinces of Canada, which would be even weirder.

Old 03-29-2024, 02:58 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian McCann
Okay, there is a little fine print: in case of war or nuculear explosion, I am not covered on a race track or divers school using my car..

but mileage or where it can go otherwise no fine print.