F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FYI: NEW Oem carbon fiber diffuser on EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2022, 11:09 AM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default FYI: NEW OEM carbon fiber diffuser on EBAY

This part is a unicorn. I was looking for a new OEM carbon fiber diffuser for a long time; they don't exist. There is one left on EBAY. The seller had 2... Yes, it's expensive, but still below retail. But if you wanted to keep your car all done with the same carbon fiber weave and OEM, this might be your last chance. I bought one, and it arrived quick, and its 100​% legit. He had 2...it's in Europe, 'm in USA arrived FedEx, perfectly.

Last edited by 2009 XF Vail; 10-22-2022 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-22-2022, 01:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did it come with new reverse lights or did the old ones swap?

Old 10-22-2022, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by zochmenos
​​​​​​​mine is a 2016 S. This has the same lights as mine,( thin white small) so I was good. . He also has these for sale if you have rhe older models with the larger red/while light like Koshi diffusers fit.

Old 10-22-2022, 04:51 PM

the OEM part number is

T2R5391.

Old 10-22-2022, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by 2009 XF Vail
the OEM part number is

T2R5391.

That's the same part number I have and the lights did NOT swap. There are at least two differing sets of reverse pods for NA last I looked. Eventually, I had to get replacements for the V8 to match the brackets on the CF diffuser (T2R19007 and T2R19009).

Not looking for another (obviously) just curious as to often these differ.

Last edited by zochmenos; 10-22-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:24 PM

That's the same part number I have and the lights did NOT swap. There are at least two differing sets of reverse pods for NA last I looked. Eventually, I had to get replacements for the V8 to match the brackets on the CF diffuser (T2R19007 and T2R19009).

jaguar is doing the install next week. I will know then. Are you saying you had a S model v6 fwd 2016 and it's needed v8 replacement pods? The diffuser didn't come with any brackets. I was assuming they would juat take any parts off the diffuser I had on now and swap. Buy I'm clueless, hence why I'm having Jaguar do this.

Old 10-22-2022, 07:34 PM

Here is the add. I'm going to be pissed if they don't fit. Not so much the price for new brackets, but who knows how long to wait for the damn part. Lol
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124126275534

Last edited by 2009 XF Vail; 10-22-2022 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2022, 09:17 PM

jaguar is doing the install next week. I will know then. Are you saying you had a S model v6 fwd 2016 and it's needed v8 replacement pods? The diffuser didn't come with any brackets. I was assuming they would juat take any parts off the diffuser I had on now and swap. Buy I'm clueless, hence why I'm having Jaguar do this.
I have a base V6. I mentioned the S because I read wrong and thought you had already had the light assemblies successfully swapped.

In my case, I was told they would swap but the brackets epoxied to the back of the CF diffuser wouldn't accept the assemblies clean. I ended up using some nylon bushings and zip ties to attach them snug while hashing out what happened with the dealership and JLR. Needed to be able to drive it until the other parts arrived (a week or two) and didn't wanna put the old one back on.

The brackets didn't align and weren't flush. No swap.

Last edited by zochmenos; 10-22-2022 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2022, 09:18 PM

For what it's worth, it was an extremely easy install sans the lamp issue. Don't let them charge you for more than an hour (30min really) of labour.

Old 10-22-2022, 11:02 PM

I have a base V6. I mentioned the S because I read wrong and thought you had already had the light assemblies successfully swapped.

In my case, I was told they would swap but the brackets epoxied to the back of the CF diffuser wouldn't accept the assemblies clean. I ended up using some nylon bushings and zip ties to attach them snug while hashing out what happened with the dealership and JLR. Needed to be able to drive it until the other parts arrived (a week or two) and didn't wanna put the old one back on.

The brackets didn't align and we're flush. No swap.
I'm still confused. If the part is for the V6 model and it's stated by the jag dealer as fitting a v6 model. But you said your v6 lights didn't fit rhr v6 CF diffuser, and needed v8 brackets?
I know some of the older models had the biger light red/white...but that isn't case. Is rhis a euro/ usa different spec situation? Why woukd jag sell a v6 diffuser that needed v8 brackets? 😆

what year was your jag?

Old 10-22-2022, 11:12 PM

I'm still confused. If the part is for the V6 model and it's stated by the jag dealer as fitting a v6 model. But you said your v6 lights didn't fit rhr v6 CF diffuser, and needed v8 brackets?
I know some of the older models had the biger light red/white...but that isn't case. Is rhis a euro/ usa different spec situation? Why woukd jag sell a v6 diffuser that needed v8 brackets? 😆

what year was your jag?
I was confused too, but the brackets (the ones permanently attached to the diffuser when constructed) did not align with the lights in the 2016 base V6 diffuser (flat black). I needed the part numbers I listed earlier.

It's entirely possible that it's a model/year thing, but the details are scarce on this part as even the dealer couldn't tell me if new pods were even supposed to be included.

Sorry I've brought all the confusion. I was still trying to understand everyone else's experience with it. Fortunately, it looks really nice once you get it on there.

Old 10-23-2022, 12:35 AM

I was confused too, but the brackets (the ones permanently attached to the diffuser when constructed) did not align with the lights in the 2016 base V6 diffuser (flat black). I needed the part numbers I listed earlier.

It's entirely possible that it's a model/year thing, but the details are scarce on this part as even the dealer couldn't tell me if new pods were even supposed to be included.

Sorry I've brought all the confusion. I was still trying to understand everyone else's experience with it. Fortunately, it looks really nice once you get it on there.
yeah...I had the dealer even cross refeebxe the vin, bevaue jag switches **** up mid year sometimes amd rhe parts dept is 90% clueless.. I guess I will know when they take it off. Thanks for the part numbers, rhat probably saved me 3 days of headaches. I have a feeling they will be clueless like usual. Also, did you have to take the bumper off to install this. When they originally glanced they said it looks like from rhe factory it had a epoxy seal and rhey mught have too....So I'm just dropping it off, and get into a free loaner incase they have to order parts and it sits for weeks.😉 . Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated!

Old 10-23-2022, 12:48 AM

For the S with no additional aero, the bumper should not have to come off (I'm not sure about the Bristish Design Editon rear aero).

The removal process is VERY simple and didn't require me to even jack the car. From what I remember, there were less than 10 screws (2 for the exhaust "panel") and only the harnesses for the backup pods and 4 rear parking sensors. The diffuser itself wasn't attached with any adhesive, just a few tabs that released easily.

It was a 45 min job for me and that was blind.

Last edited by GGG; 12-30-2022 at 02:40 AM.
Old 10-23-2022, 01:02 AM

It's the best looking diffuser once it's on, IMO. Despite the hassles.

Old 10-23-2022, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 980 Likes on 731 Posts

It's the best looking diffuser once it's on, IMO. Despite the hassles.
Mine was a whole kit so the only hassle I had was the missing cover for the transport eye. Since it was NOS the missing piece was a write-off and I fabricated something. I found the installation as straightforward as you did, although I did roll the rear onto ramps for a little more working room.

The following users liked this post:
zochmenos (10-23-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 12:26 PM

Yep, a total cluster F****. Definitely need new lights which aren't cheap. And jag is still not 100% sure which ones. They are like $500 a piece.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:45 PM

also, I'm juat having them put on the new CF diffuser and will juat have holes. I can have parts in a few days. Can you put on the lights without taking off rhw diffuser once they get in?

Thanks

Old 10-27-2022, 12:59 PM

also, I'm juat having them put on the new CF diffuser and will juat have holes. I can have parts in a few days. Can you put on the lights without taking off rhw diffuser once they get in?

Thanks

The parts you need would be the pods from the NA V8 (T2R19007 and T2R19009).

As far as I can tell you ought to be able to install them without taking the diffuser back off. It'll be a bit tight I'm sure but it's not enclosed by a trim panel or anything.

The other option (which I ran while waiting for JLR to sort out this same issue) is to use some nylon bushings and zip ties with the existing pods. They tighten up rather well and anything that would dislodge them would also likely break the brackets on the diffuser itself. It isn't a permanent fix as zip ties will deteriorate more quickly than the appropriate mounting method but it will work for a good long while.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:04 PM

These are the boxes for the correct pods.

This is a view from under the car with diffuser installed. You can see my temp fix in place with a slightly longer screw, some bushings, and a zip tie. It was VERY secure because of how deep the pod sits inside the diffuser.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:51 PM

These are the boxes for the correct pods.

This is a view from under the car with diffuser installed. You can see my temp fix in place with a slightly longer screw, some bushings, and a zip tie. It was VERY secure because of how deep the pod sits inside the diffuser.
I just left the light holes open. Parts will be here Monday. CF DIFFUSER LOOKS GREAT. What a fiasco with the lights. The same guy had new lights for less than Jag. My jag store wanted $550 a piece. I got them for $180 a piece. New..

Quick Reply: FYI: NEW Oem carbon fiber diffuser on EBAY