General Interest: My CTEK quick connect setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,252 Likes on 2,399 Posts

Originally Posted by DMeister
What did you do differently?
See here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...4/#post2723389
and here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...0/#post1710314.
So the main differences are:
1. Not a CTEK so slightly different cables and plugs but same concept.
2. Positive connection directly on the charging post rather than underneath on the bus bar. Required cutting a slot for the wire/cable in the red plastic post cover so not as neat as your solution.
3. Pig tail plug tucked up between hood/bonnet and plastic liner, flip out with one finger to access then tuck back again when finished.

Old 05-26-2024, 01:50 PM
Received 164 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
See here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...4/#post2723389
and here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...0/#post1710314.
So the main differences are:
1. Not a CTEK so slightly different cables and plugs but same concept.
2. Positive connection directly on the charging post rather than underneath on the bus bar. Required cutting a slot for the wire/cable in the red plastic post cover so not as neat as your solution.
3. Pig tail plug tucked up between hood/bonnet and plastic liner, flip out with one finger to access then tuck back again when finished.
Okay thanks man, I was just curious.

Cheers

Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM
Received 164 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
Mine is plugged in 90% of the time it's in the garage. It's really a weekend car but even during the week if it's going to sit more than a day I plug it in. It's very easy with the pigtail inside the trunk/boot--just open and plug in.

A WORD OF ADVICE: Make yourself a nice laminated 8 1/2" X 11" full sheet of paper/cardstock that has written in big bold letters on both sides "BATTERY TENDER CONNECTED IN FRONT/REAR" and place it on the driver's seat when you plug in and leave the car. If you don't plug in every time, you will invariably forget to unplug it when you're in a hurry and although most tenders are technically a quick disconnect, you can snap the cord in half (or worse--pull the unit off its mount and drag it into the car or run it over). This is especially important if you have a significant other or someone else who uses the car and may not think to check if it's plugged in before driving it.

I made this mistake once with my previous BMW and never again now that I have the sign. Luckily, it only ruined the CTEK and nothing worse.
My god, I just about did this for my first time on the weekend…Total brain fart that usually never occurs, and I remembered just at the last second before doing any damage. Yup, a big blinking sign might be needed… ;-0 Thought of your comment right away.

Pretty sure it would have just disconnected, or damaged the connector, but if it’s all the same I’d rather not find out.

I had been in and out all day with the car. I should just leave it disconnected through the day when I have days like that. That’s the problem, in a way it’s too convenient and easy :-0

Last edited by DMeister; Yesterday at 06:48 AM.